Your opinion of my hood? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Your opinion of my hood?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Your opinion of my hood?

Should i run this or sell it? I can't decide on my own

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

to be honest i would have to see your jeep to judge wether or not you should run it. i think it looks pretty good. If i were mine i would want the the scoop to be a bit lower. but its pretty nice
Unread 01-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

^x2, it'd help to see a pic of your Jeep to judge this

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Grip
1998 XJ Cherokee 

sell it.....
Grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I will try to get a pic up tomorrow for you fellas then, I am goin to start a complete new build on it coming late this month, since most of everything done to it right now was from PO.

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Unread 01-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
RedZeppelinXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

hey it doesnt matter how it looks as long as it works (and you can see over it)

i'm not a fan of cowl hoods but hey if it keeps ur 4.0 cool thats all that matters
'91 XJ Briarwood - The Spruce Moose (Parting Out)
'79 J10 - Spartacus (Parting Out)
RedZeppelinXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
Maverick-4-0-XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sell it to me lol I like it man! I'd say throw it on and see how it looks. And if you can see over it lol

EDIT: Just realized you're from ABQ, I'm thirty minutes away Coolness lol.

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

1998 Moss Green Metallic Jeep XJ, 2-Door, 4.0, AX-15, C8.25.... some mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
It's like being in love with an overweight girl, but dumping her for a hotter girl. Heck yea it seems like an upgrade, but dammit it's just not the same. :D
Maverick-4-0-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
Flexinxj
1988 XJ Cherokee 

i personally like cowl hoods. id run it if i could get in painted to match the jeep, i definitely wouldnt run it primer grey though

DD- 91 k1500, 6in lift, 4.56 gears, 35in KM2s

82 camaro- 4in cowl hood, drag radials, 8pt cage, built 350(building 383), pro star wheels
Flexinxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I say Paint it and Run it... what's the worst that could happen? You decide you dont like it, and then you sell it... I think it would look great on the right XJ.
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
2009_89yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Take it out back and shoot it...
2009_89yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
JeepShaun84
2012 KK Liberty 

x2 on selling it to me lol
Unread 01-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
Flexinxj
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009_89yj View Post
Take it out back and shoot it...

with paint

DD- 91 k1500, 6in lift, 4.56 gears, 35in KM2s

82 camaro- 4in cowl hood, drag radials, 8pt cage, built 350(building 383), pro star wheels
Flexinxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the comments fellas, what i'm goin to do is hopefully get my friend to come by who has a camera and snap a photo before and after the hood is on.

If I do keep it and paint it as many suggested, it'd only be rattle can'ed

Unread 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #14
00XJ49
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you take your time, you can Duplacolor something to look like it came from the factory.
Unread 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
Maverick-4-0-XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

nice man looking forward to that! And... if you decide not to use it I'd seriously pick it up from you

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

1998 Moss Green Metallic Jeep XJ, 2-Door, 4.0, AX-15, C8.25.... some mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
It's like being in love with an overweight girl, but dumping her for a hotter girl. Heck yea it seems like an upgrade, but dammit it's just not the same. :D
Maverick-4-0-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.