Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Your favorite front bumper?

4K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  cubsin2079 
#1 ·
What is your favorite non-wench front bumper? I'm looking to replace my stock bumper, but looks are very important to me. There are a lot of funny looking bumpers out there.

I really like the JCR Deluxe PreRunner Bumper, but it's kinda pricey once you add in the tie-in brackets and shipping. I don't need the PreRunner bar, but it looks cool.

What bumpers do you guys like?

#8 ·
I'm a big fan of my JCR prerunner. Mines 2 years old and I've used it well. The new JCR bumpers are even better, I really like their new rear bumpers.
I like and recommend everything Jcr makes.

#12 ·
i currently have the Jcr crusaders Basic but im thinking about ordering the DIY winch with the pre runner bar and throwing a winch on the front of the jeep... I think the basic bumper is too basic but im the one to blame for ordering that one. Only complaint bout the jcr bumper is the powder coating is coming off but ill still buy jcr products like the new sliders

#14 ·
Only complaint bout the jcr bumper is the powder coating is coming off but ill still buy jcr products like the new sliders
We haven't offered powder coating on our products since like 2006! Is your bumper that old? If not, we didn't finish it!

JCR doesn't sell there parts finished unless you ask/pay for you to be right?
We don't offer any finishes. Haven't since around 2006!
http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=J&Screen=BARE

#26 ·
Got mine used from a guy here on the forum then my wife bought me the upper hoop for christmas. She thinks my Jeep is "sexy". :laugh: I think the non winch version is around $400 with no extras.

#25 ·
Well... I just pulled the trigger and ordered a JCR bumper. I ended up getting the Jeep Cherokee XJ Front PreRunner Bumper, 2" Receiver, Unibody Tie-inBrackets, 3/4" D-rings and a steering spacer.

Now I have to decide how to finish it. I'm leaning toward Line-X. I think I should be able to get it done for about $150.

However, just today I re-mounted my stock bumper and end caps after trimming and spray painting them flat black (I did satin black first but did not like it at all). I'll probably see how the Krylon holds up before I decide.

Attachments

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.