you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 98 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #1456
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Or you have to plan the next several years of your life so that they revolve around your Jeep plans.

When you realize that this wedding thing is going to eat up your next upgrade.....and then she wants furniture on top of that!?
just get a registry at an off road website... you know that would be an awesome idea, to put registries up so that the girls get all the pretty kitchen crap they want and you get all your vehicle/garage stuff

-matt

mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #1457
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
just get a registry at an off road website... you know that would be an awesome idea, to put registries up so that the girls get all the pretty kitchen crap they want and you get all your vehicle/garage stuff

-matt
That... is... f***ing brilliant!
Unread 07-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #1458
XJcrazy00
2000 XJ Cherokee 

what do you mean by registry? just to sign up at that website?
XJcrazy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #1459
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
what do you mean by registry? just to sign up at that website?
it the things girls do for weddings where they put everything they want into the list (kinda like a wish list) and then other people buy off that for presents
as any female in your family over 16 and they will probably give you more detail that you would ever want (and might start them talking about a wedding if they are unmarried)

-matt
Unread 07-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #1460
riptide
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
maybe its because i drive and exploder for a couple of years before i got my XJ but the xj has a rather nice ride to me
I love taking my XJ on long road trips (3700kms round trip). I find it quite comfy, and way better than some of the vehicles I've driven.
riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #1461
riptide
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJride231 View Post
Can anyone recommend some good headlights to replace these ****ty ones would be most appreciated? I have driven for 3 solid years with the brights on and have only been flashed once! It was the same in my YJ for 6 years prior...

I put black tape over the dash area where the blue "brights" indicator comes on, because that thing is brighter than my headlights and causes a distraction!
I turn off my stereo and dim the dash all the way to improve the contrast!

I do probably need a harness upgrade as not enough power is getting up there, but has anyone found good improvement from just using some euro-code headlights or something?
I put some Hella's in for the head lights... I haven't bothered to get them corrected pointed/calibrated yet, but the difference was huge - I can actually light up the road in front of me with my low beams... they were about $120 (CND) with the 55/100w bulbs.
riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #1462
Jeep for Life
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You tell your girlfriend it's 100%. Then during the night, the contents of your power steering reservoir make it's way to the concrete.
Jeep for Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #1463
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

^haha yess

on your first date she looks really nervous riding in the xj with all the noises. and after dating for awhile she just laughs and wants her own
Unread 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #1464
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

When you're at the local autoparts store so much the workers know your name, and make/model/engine size by heart

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #1465
Jeep for Life
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEagan View Post
When you're at the local autoparts store so much the workers know your name, and make/model/engine size by heart
x2 When I walk in they ask me "what do you need now"
Jeep for Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #1466
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
When you go to the autoparts store to get a part and you ask for one from a diff veichle, and the guy behind the counter says, but i thought you drove a year/Jeep Cherokee??

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #1467
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

when you mention that your mechanic quoted you 400 bucks to change your shocks when you were getting other stuff checked and they said your shocks needed to be replaced with in the year and the guy at the counter says "o you can do that your self" and you reply, ya i did... well until i snapped 2 bolts and stripped off to others then punched my drive way 2 times when the wrench slipped so i had to pay 50 bucks to get the bolts fixed since i didnt have the other tools or time to deal with it... still came out under 175 for parts and the bit of labor

-matt
Unread 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #1468
JRS0428
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
very very truee
JRS0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #1469
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-97 View Post
x2 When I walk in they ask me "what do you need now"
i get this one all the time.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #1470
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOUXJ View Post
i get this one all the time.
this
lol

2014 JK - Willy's Wheeler Edition
willcherokeexj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.