you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #106
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

When you slow down to see every other xj on the road, and one day hope to come across an amber fire.

srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #107
photonut13
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
when you don't even bother to call the JY before you go because you know they have at least 10 xj's.
Where do you live??? My local JY has MAYBE 1 at any given time, lots of grands tho.

Presently Stock
photonut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #108
Ryan949
1993 XJ Cherokee 

When in the parking lot you park next to the cleanest most expensive car
Ryan949 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #109
jeeposaurus
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonut13 View Post
Where do you live??? My local JY has MAYBE 1 at any given time, lots of grands tho.
Total opposite here. There was one new grand at my JY (which I stole coils off...not ambitious enough to get disks). There were about 10 XJ's from 89ish to 92's. Even a limited edition 92...4 door tho.
1990 Black 2 Door, Homemade 3" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT's on rock crawlers, recovery front and rear, bed lined interior, rockerless, armored rear quarters, magnaflow muffler, CB, DIY Immobilizer, AC to OBA, Silverstars and a nice rack.
Build Up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b...ild-up-820250/
325,000km young.
jeeposaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #110
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonut13 View Post
There are no XJ's in your Junkyards because I have them ALL right HERE:

4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #111
geewally9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm suprised this one hasn't been brought up.

When you hear someone, tv, or radio say that they have a 02+ Jeep cherokee. Maybe it's me, but I stop and say there is NO 02+ Jeep CHEROKEE!!!!! and NO it's not the same as a Jeep grand cherokee. ARG!!!
geewally9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #112
Mr_Random
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Holy poop that's a graveyard!!!!!!!

When every JY worker knows you by name, and can guess exactly what you need this time.

Your jeep has a "happy" side and a "sad" side (driver and passenger, my driver side is BEAUTIFUL, passenger has dents, scratches, a huge scar, bumper cap is torn, and now only the adhesive is left from pulling lower siding)

Every time you walk outside you stare at your jeep for five minutes, walking in circles and mumbling to yourself, even if you were just talking to your friends while walking out of the house/school/store.

Your friends notice that you aren't paying attention to them and ask what you want to do to your jeep next (not related to above, meaning when you're away from the jeep).

Gas station workers know you as two different people; the one that steps out of a dirty jeep with a suit on on friday, and the one on saturday who steps out of the even dirtier jeep in a wife beater, your "dirty" pants, and flip flops because your feet hurt from squatting.

You know the exact location, era, and what goodies EVERY xj in EVERY junkyard has within 50 miles.

When with your girlfriend, you claim EVERY time that she drove last and it's your turn.

When with said girlfriend, you know more about her 2002 nissan frontier than anyone in her house, hate everything about it, know it is way more comfortable to ride in, but long for your jeep when she wins the "who's driving" contest.

You keep a running list of future replacements and upgrades, which never gets shorter no matter how much you add or replace.

You can; balance a big gulp, roll up/down every window (manual), shift (manual tranny), use turn signal, blow a stop sign, turn left/right, avoid the car in the opposing lane because you overshot again because you'd rather near miss than SH** yourself due to body roll, and listen for noises as you turn, ALL WITHIN THE SAME SECOND.

You can swap in/out front coils in an hour or less (or in my case, you motivate yourself to work faster by drinking milk or having any dairy product, because you know it'll hit you in an hour or less, and tell yourself that there are NO potty breaks when wrenching).

You search for hours around town for that "street" special edition MJ you saw that one time in hopes that you can cheat the owner out of it and sell it to a jeep freak on the comanche forum for three times the price you paid (still searching, baby!).

You suddenly lose all dignity when in a parking lot, and look under every jeep to see what they do or don't have, making a list as you go along, secretly hoping that the next place you see them is in a junk yard (but that the owner made it out safely).

There's that one JY XJ that you vowed to never steal parts from because you found baby shoes in it

Finally, neglecting homework on a sunday night to post random things that define why you are a jeep owner on jeepforum.

Oh so many more!
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Jeepus buildicus:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/86-xj-w-mpi-budget-re-build-757079/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Using pure N2 is a total waste of money considering you can get 78% nitrogen for free.
Mr_Random is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #113
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

you have to go to the dentist every week to have the fillings put back in after the death wobble shook them out.

you bought that other same year same color XJ "for parts" even though all the parts that are bad on your daily XJ are as bad or worse on the other Xj also. but you dont care cuz now you have two XJs
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #114
jeeposaurus
1990 XJ Cherokee 

The "stock" parts on your XJ are mostly comprised of other vehicles "stock" parts.
1990 Black 2 Door, Homemade 3" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT's on rock crawlers, recovery front and rear, bed lined interior, rockerless, armored rear quarters, magnaflow muffler, CB, DIY Immobilizer, AC to OBA, Silverstars and a nice rack.
Build Up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b...ild-up-820250/
325,000km young.
jeeposaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #115
norsky
1999 XJ Cherokee 

When you go out of town for a weekend bachelor party trip and the two guys in the back seat can't bend thier knees when they hop out of the XJ.

X2 on everything else on this list, keep em coming!
MN Jeeper #18
norsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #116
T4STE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

when u finally fix/upgrade one thing because u wanna upgrade it or needs fixing. but then finding out there's 2 new other things that needs fixing/upgrading

my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...thread-634491/
T4STE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #117
firefighter1c57
SPACE FOR RENT

Every upgrade cost twice as much as the upgrade in replacing the parts that broke while trying to get them off to do the upgrade in the first place.

The guy at the parts store just hands you his computer keyboard so you can look it up yourself.

You walk through the front door of the JY and they open the back door so you can go get what you need, and it's not a pull a part.

I bring NOTHING to the table.
firefighter1c57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #118
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeposaurus View Post
The "stock" parts on your XJ are mostly comprised of other vehicles "stock" parts.
General Motors for us Renix Guys!!!!
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #119
JOeJOe
1990 XJ Cherokee 

When your passengers ask you what that awful noise is when you turn the key...
You know that its time to change the oil when you get up to 5k rpm's and you can hear the rocker arms hitting the valves...
you've only almost rolled it twice...
You ask a friand to turn the key when you spray in the starter fluid and they ask What Key? and you just reply with just turn where the key should be...
You walk around your high school with an empty bottle of anti-freeze in your hand and convince your friends its your new water bottle and they belive you...
JOeJOe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2008, 02:53 AM   #120
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

When the empty light comes on every time u floor it / hit a hill, even though you have more then half a tank. stupid floater
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.