you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 04-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #91
jckdebayxj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Ohio-godforsaken SM
Posts: 29
when you know how to tear your front end apart because your hood latch mechanism broke/rusted off
when you know of ALL the XJ's in your city and know where they live...BTW I have 8 others in my town
when you sell your 1st XJ, you miss it so much, you buy another one within 2 weeks ( I DID ATLEAST )
when Even though you have 2 other vehicles that get WAYYY better gas mileage and you are BROKE, you choose to take the XJ on errands because its not on empty yet.
you know what a chysler 8.25 looks like from a mile away and you think its twice as strong as the Dana 35 and say to yourself "man I'm glad my XJ dont have the Dana 35"

__________________
98 Sport 4.0
jckdebayxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #92
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler
 
RockRodHooligan's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Noblesville, Indiana
Posts: 5,270
When your buddy's who have Wranglers give you crap for not having a "Real Jeep", and you shut them up with "real Jeeps don't have 4 cylinders".
When your friends get stuck, your the first person they call
Your friends all complain about the smell of the interior, because it wasn't meant to be submerged in water, but you did it anyway
You spent the weekend pulling apart the front end looking for something broken, because it's been too long since something broke.
__________________
96 XJ:Parking lot Pre-Runner

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #93
asp87
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Grafton, MA
Posts: 219
when your passenger's in the rear can't hear you a darn thing
when it snows and everyone asks you to drive
when civic owners stare at you driving through 16" of powder while they're trying to get out of their parking space
when your friends write dirty things in the mud on your heep (the other day i got "i wish your girlfriend was this dirty")
when your passengers ask what that noise is and you have to ask which one?
when you carry too many people/too much stuff an your rear tires rub the body
__________________
98 XJ, perpetually on jackstands
asp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #94
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,124
When you coat EVERYTHING in Herculiner.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #95
Willy36
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FoCo, Colorado
Posts: 1,168
when you don't even bother to call the JY before you go because you know they have at least 10 xj's.
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #96
88XJSport
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
when you don't even bother to call the JY before you go because you know they have at least 10 xj's.
Must be nice.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #97
4.0H.O.XJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA/Japan
Posts: 2,439
You have a toolbox full of broken and beheaded TORX bits, and the other half of those torx bits are still stuck in your: (pick one or all) A) Seatbelt bolts B) Fender bolts C) Door hinge bolts....etc, etc.

You know EXACTLY which size TORX bit you need for every repair on your Jeep, and EXACTLY how many turns it will make before it breaks off inside either the jeep or inside the TORX head. You are intimate with your sawzall and hacksaw.

You keep a spare CPS, TPS, and a quart of oil in your road kit.

You have cut a hole in your unibody to grasp a broken, spinning weldnut. ( Rear leaf spring nuts, transfer case nuts, upper shock mount nuts, rear hitch nuts.....etcetera.)

Your knuckles are permanentley scarred, scraped, bloody and bruised.

You always scream: "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" for 3 days after any road trip in your XJ, due to being deafened by the road noise, the flowmaster 40 series, the orchestra of squeaks, bangs and rattles, and the stereo that you had cranked to drown them all out.

You are on a first-name basis with your chiropractor due to the ride quality of your XJ.

Your XJ sags in the back....... until you lift it, then it leans to one side.

A conversation that looks like THIS actually makes sense to you: "I cant decide If I will need an SYE with my BB. Maybe an OME AAL and spacers? Should I just do an S-10 bastard-pack? Will my DS be long enough? Will I need new LCAs? how about UCA's? Should I get a JKS or RE track bar? Do I need DISCOs? What about my TRE's?......."........and you actually know how to answer this question.

People mistake your XJ for the UPS truck when they hear it.

There are so many XJs with black rims that non-jeep people actually think they are factory jeep wheels and give you compliments on your stock factory steelies. ("Where'd you get those fly rimz? They are fat, dog!).

Any XJ part that you try to sell on JeepForum sits unsold forever...... unless its a D44. Then you recieve ALL 20 allowable PMs in under 5 minutes.

Your Chilton's manual has more grease and oil stains on it that your oilpan.

You realize you have more money in new parts, upgrades and mods than your Jeep will ever be worth....and you dont care.

98.7 percent of the contents of any puddle or mud hole ends up on your windshield (instead of UNDER the Jeep where it's supposed to go) before it lands anywhere else.

You are the VERY FIRST person to lock into 4WD if there is even a HINT of moisture in the forecast, because if you dont, your rear tires will spin hopelessly at the slightest hint of throttle input.

You lay awake in bed at night thinking of ways to make your Jeep more awesome.

You have gone to work tired the next day because you stayed awake all night checking out other people's rigs on NAXJA, JeepForum, and Pirate.com all night.

You wave at other "real" Jeep people (CJ, TJ, etc) and they give you the finger in return.

You begin to yawn when you hear the "It-doesnt-have-a-frame,-therefore-its-not-a-real jeep" argument again and again.

"Performance upgrades" are basically limited to boring your throttle body and putting on a loud muffler.

You dream of building a stroker motor. You know which engines to look for to score primo stroker parts in the junkyard.

The sight of rare factory options (Skid plates, tow hooks, overhead console, rust-free floorpans, etc) gives you a raging woodie.

You have had a 4-hour argument over which year XJ is the best with other XJ owners, .......and no one won.

Your passenger's side carpet is permanently saturated with several dozen cups of coffee; your clip-on cup holder spends most of it's life laying down there anyway. (84-96 owners only.)

You wonder what that greasy film is that is always on the outside of your windshield.

You watch your temperature guage more than you watch the road. You feel that 210 degrees is too hot for ANY vehicle to run, yet your XJ seems to run best there. But not a single degree over that........

You are constantly looking for new ways to direct cool air under your hood; you look at any vehicle with hood vents or scoops and try to imagine how they would look on your XJ.

People sit down in your XJ and say: "HOLY SH*T! Is that for real?" when they see how many miles are on it.

If it stops squeaking or rattling, that means its broken.

You carry a spare change of underwear in case you have to make a panic stop.

Your spare tool road kit is almost as complete as the one in your garage.

You leave your Jeep unlocked and park anywhere you want because you know no one will try to steal it, nor do you give a flying rats butt if it gets scratched or dented.

No matter what you do to improve your XJ, everyone else's seem to looks better than yours, at least in your own eyes.

2 door guys wonder how anyone over 3 foot 6 inches tall manages to fit in a 4 door XJ. 4 door guys wonder why anyone would want a 2 door XJ.

You know the usual spots to look for rust in an XJ, and are surprised when you see an XJ without any rust on it.

The front seats are ALWAYS uncomfortable for the first 10,000 miles until they start to sag and break down in the shape of your own butt. Then they are comfortable only to you.

You can smoke a 31 inch tire from a 15 MPH roll and impress your friends, ......but you still cant get it much over 75 MPH.

You watch a 36-page thread occur bi-monthly on JeepForum.com turn into a vicious argument on "WHICH OIL SHOULD I USE?".....and wonder why the DMF didnt just use what is stamped PLAINLY on the oil filler cap and TWICE in the owner's manual.

You have changed every sensor, ignition component and filter at least TWICE and your idle quality STILL sucks.

Your drivetrain has ungodly amounts of miles on it, yet it starts and runs flawlessly evertime.

You see an ancient XJ with enormous rust holes, puking coolant, oil and smoke everywhere, sagging in the middle, sputtering along and dragging its tailpipe down the highway ........and you begin to wonder if they ever really die.

You are PROUD of how many miles are on your XJ until you see an XJ with an odometer that reads a half-million miles, and the guy tells you that your XJ is still just a baby.

Last edited by 4.0H.O.XJ; 04-13-2008 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Bcuz my spelin sux reel bad
4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #98
dajeepman
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 894
Keep them coming
__________________
1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
173K miles 3'' Budget Boost
31x10.50x15 Dakota MT
C4x4 Winch Bumper Warn XD9000I
D30 Aussie Locked Chry 8.25 open
TNT Belly Pan installed TNT Long Arm Kit ( Soon to be installed )
dajeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #99
jshaab2
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ exit 105
Posts: 1,286
when you know more about your xj then your own kids
__________________
01 xj sport . SS headlights sound system . dakota AT's 235/75 sound system and front and rear recovery, CB . AUX lighting EXIT 105 NJ
jshaab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #100
jeepjack1995
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mt City
Posts: 565
you feel depressed when your Jeep breaks down and you have to drive your moms subura till your parts come in.
__________________
1995 Cherokee HO with 4.5" RC full pack nitro shocks kit. 4 rally lights on homemade light bar. home made front winch bumper and rear bumper. trimmed fenders. 33x12.50x15 maxxis bighorns on 15x8 american racing wheels. Atlas 9500 wireless winch. Flowmaster super 44 offroad muffler. High mounted grand cherokee alternator. Ford 8.8" rear axle with 4.88's and a limited slip. 4.88's in the Dana 30. Rusty's SYE and Tom Wood's CV driveshaft. 3 core radiator. some Shytte speakers and subs.
jeepjack1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #101
blacky_j
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89mudlite View Post
when u turn the radio down and tell everyone to shut up cuz u think u heard a new noise
HAHA! i've done that countless times!
__________________
[IIIIII]
blacky_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #102
misiek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 151
when old people in parking lots say "boy, i bet you can go anywhere with that thing"

EVERYBODY asks you "hows the gas mileage"

your friends think your selling the jeep because you finally washed it
misiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #103
Dusk4611
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western NY
Posts: 33
When you tell your friends that your jeep is fast and they just point and laugh.

When you drive it with out oil for a week, realize it and add more and mothing change.

Instead of being blocked in at a parcking lot you rather hop the curb than find a reasonable way out.
Dusk4611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #104
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler
 
RockRodHooligan's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Noblesville, Indiana
Posts: 5,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk4611 View Post
Instead of being blocked in at a parcking lot you rather hop the curb than find a reasonable way out.
LOL
Even in a full parking lot you find a parking spot, even if it's on a mound of dirt.
__________________
96 XJ:Parking lot Pre-Runner

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #105
Willy36
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FoCo, Colorado
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
Must be nice.
eh must just be colorado then. theres so many beater xj's around here that look like they just came out of the JY.
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.