you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #826
jcooklock
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1994yj View Post
You just bought a 98 4 days ago and get worried about driving it after reading this thread!!!
I feel your pain. I started reading this 2 months after I got mine and I could already relate to most of them.

jcooklock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:20 AM   #827
los3rguitarist
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman_VIMB View Post
Ha ha, I have one of each, one for fun (mine) and one for the wife and kids...

Cool factor in Van < Jeep for certain!
hahaha yeah he was like it feels like my moms minivan but her van cant do this *plows through mud*
los3rguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:43 AM   #828
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

werd...

You know you own an XJ when:

You order like $500.00 worth of "upgrades" for your Jeep right after Christmas. Upgrades like new air filter to replace clogged one... door pin kit to stop the dreaded "clunk" every time you open or close it. Ok, some lights too and a rack.

When you think you have everything done, or close to done. It rains and your rear window defroster FAILS on you. 1 more thing to do on Saturday.

When you actually know what 300 acronyms and expressions in this forum mean after only a few months of ownership.
(SYE, Death Wobble, Bastard Pack, hack N tap)

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #829
Maverick-4-0-XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooklock View Post
I feel your pain. I started reading this 2 months after I got mine and I could already relate to most of them.
Thats NOT good news

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

1998 Moss Green Metallic Jeep XJ, 2-Door, 4.0, AX-15, C8.25.... some mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
It's like being in love with an overweight girl, but dumping her for a hotter girl. Heck yea it seems like an upgrade, but dammit it's just not the same. :D
Maverick-4-0-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #830
scoot08
2004 WJ 

when your reading this making a mental note of everything everyone else has had go wrong and waiting for it to go bad on your jeep
scoot08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #831
95BlueXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

When your park in your highschool parking lot on top of the biggest snow bank you can find while everyone is staring at you.
Unread 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #832
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Or see a movie/tv show and they destroy an XJ, and you instantly like the show less(season 2 premiere Terminator: The Sara Connor Chronicles, Fred Claus)
Speaking of Terminator and destroying XJ's, on the third Terminator movie one of the machines...I can't remember which one, beats the snot out of an XJ with his fore arm.

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #833
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

when, your folks hate the jeep, then they call you at 7:30 in the morning to pull your moms brand new G37S out of a ditch in the snow....suddenly they love the lift and the 700 dollar bumper lol

...yes this happened to me this morning, i had to pull my moms brand new $45K infiniti out of an icy ditch this morning....somehow not a scratch on it
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #834
Jeepindeep89
1999 XJ Cherokee 

when a v-8 bronco breaks down on a nasty hill climb and your 4 banger climbs the fourwheeler path around him and then you back down the hill and pull him up.
Jeepindeep89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #835
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

when you see another lifted xj you have to give em a thumbs up or talk to them..... i live in the springs and there are ALOT of xj's and 90% of the are stock

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #836
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BlueXJ View Post

When your park in your highschool parking lot on top of the biggest snow bank you can find while everyone is staring at you.
haha did that today.

You know you own an xj when:
you swear at passengers every time they mention wind noise.
you cross your fingers every time you hear the body creak.

and my favorite:
every time you stop at a rest stop you look underneath to make sure nothings leaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #837
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILASPRIT View Post
when you see another lifted xj you have to give em a thumbs up or talk to them..... i live in the springs and there are ALOT of xj's and 90% of the are stock
dude before i made it to fort collins, i lived in black forest, so i feel ya. just come to foco anytime you wanna see tons of lifted xj's.
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #838
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
dude before i made it to fort collins, i lived in black forest, so i feel ya. just come to foco anytime you wanna see tons of lifted xj's.
haha sweet!! any good trails down there??

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #839
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

youve learned to not chase a screw when you drop it. you stop everything you re doing and listen for where it hits and listen for the last noise and then look for it there.
Unread 01-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #840
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

when you father says "thats a big crank case" after seeing how much oil comes out during an oil change and you respond "ya cause you have to have enough oil to cover the oil you lose through leaks"

-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.