you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #781
TurnerXJ
1997 ZJ 

When you call any parts store and say "I have a 96 Jeep cherokee"....the will then ask "2 door or 4 door, what engine, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive....that was a grand cherokee right?"

TurnerXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #782
los3rguitarist
1995 ZJ 

when you open the rear hatch and as soon as you stick your head in there it comes down xD
los3rguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #783
xjGeoff18
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooklock View Post
when watching a movie and you see a XJ parked in a scene or driving by and you instanty like the movie better.
true got thrown into watching sleepless in seatle and tom hanks drives a jeep made it more enjoyable
xjGeoff18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #784
jcooklock
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjGeoff18 View Post
true got thrown into watching sleepless in seatle and tom hanks drives a jeep made it more enjoyable
speaking of Tom Hanks. It seems like he likes XJ's. In Castaway he drives one too! but I think there is continuity in the movie. He was suppost to have owned the XJ before the crash and when he gets back, and his wife gives it back to him, its a newer year XJ then the year that he got into the plane crash. If that makes any sense?
jcooklock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #785
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

When you tell your wife that you NEED to install a lift kit and related goodies because your rear leafs sag and it is a safety issue!

When your leafs sag.

When you buy a near new Jeep, with a new motor and still have to drop 2k into it to make it work right.

You are envious of 90% of the other XJ owners you see on the road because their XJ looks better than yours.

When 90% of the other XJ owners you see on the road are envious of you and think your XJ looks better than theirs!

My vote for the "Best Thread yet"!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #786
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

When you have to say to your friends at least twice during any given drive..'dude its a jeep relax.'
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2008, 05:41 AM   #787
indierthanthou
2000 XJ Cherokee 

When your friend is on his phone and asks you to roll your window up, but its already up, but the bent up door (genius trying to unlock it) doesn't seal all the way.
indierthanthou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #788
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

When you drive 20 miles to your parents house and get there and realize you drove the whole way with the tailgate up because the crappy latch didn't catch.
Unread 12-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #789
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton View Post
When you have to say to your friends at least twice during any given drive..'dude its a jeep relax.'
Dude so true. People are always grabbing the handles, clutching the seat, or stomping an imaginary brake peddle when we're out having fun.
Unread 12-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #790
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

When You Turn Up The Stero To Drown Out All The Noises!!!!

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #791
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooklock View Post
speaking of Tom Hanks. It seems like he likes XJ's. In Castaway he drives one too! but I think there is continuity in the movie. He was suppost to have owned the XJ before the crash and when he gets back, and his wife gives it back to him, its a newer year XJ then the year that he got into the plane crash. If that makes any sense?
i noticed that myself LMAO i had to look it up online after watching it to be sure lol
Unread 12-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #792
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Dude so true. People are always grabbing the handles, clutching the seat, or stomping an imaginary brake peddle when we're out having fun.
Same, I'm constantly yelling at people to stop grabbing or putting there knees in the back of my seat while they're trying to hold on.
Unread 12-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #793
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVApunkROCK View Post
Same, I'm constantly yelling at people to stop grabbing or putting there knees in the back of my seat while they're trying to hold on.
Oh yes..and asking about the noises and clunks and stuff. I just get used to them haha.
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #794
Skipsjh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You know you drive an XJ when you are getting ready to get back to the skeet shooting spot and there is no question who's hauling the guns and all the skeet and shells.

2 weekends in a row, and my dad and brother now see why I got the XJ
Unread 01-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #795
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Haha all my handles on my 88 have fallen out because of that, im to lazy to fix it...
webdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.