post #6886 of Old 08-29-2013, 07:59 PM
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown
Posts: 769
....when you think your alternator is fried but when you try to start it two days later the jeep gods seem to have fixed it!


2015 Ford F350 crew cab, gasser
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"
1991 Ford 7.3L IDI- FOR SALE
IDIdiesel is offline  
post #6887 of Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIdiesel View Post
....when you think your alternator is fried but when you try to start it two days later the jeep gods seem to have fixed it!
Spray it out!!

When you fixed your alignment and don't get DW or bump steer and it seems weird lol


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #6888 of Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 PM
drseus38
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ronkonkoma
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Spray it out!!

When you fixed your alignment and don't get DW or bump steer and it seems weird lol
when you still slow down for bumps that caused it even thou its fixed
drseus38 is offline  
post #6889 of Old 08-30-2013, 06:47 AM
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Spray it out!!

When you fixed your alignment and don't get DW or bump steer and it seems weird lol
Spokes- its not from rausch, went wheeling and did a 75' winch pull and it sucked the juice outa the battery to the point the "check gauges" light was on and wouldn't show a charge. Tested it before starting with a multi meter and says 13v

2015 Ford F350 crew cab, gasser
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"
1991 Ford 7.3L IDI- FOR SALE
IDIdiesel is offline  
post #6890 of Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIdiesel View Post

Spokes- its not from rausch, went wheeling and did a 75' winch pull and it sucked the juice outa the battery to the point the "check gauges" light was on and wouldn't show a charge. Tested it before starting with a multi meter and says 13v
Dam! Was the jeep running? Shoulda let it rest for a bit.


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #6891 of Old 08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Dam! Was the jeep running? Shoulda let it rest for a bit.
Yea jeep was running but not much above idle during the pull. Lesson learned need to high idel it and take long pulls in 2-3 pulls

2015 Ford F350 crew cab, gasser
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"
1991 Ford 7.3L IDI- FOR SALE
IDIdiesel is offline  
post #6892 of Old 08-30-2013, 04:13 PM
danstheman112
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 101
When you fix something and a day later something else breaks
danstheman112 is offline  
post #6893 of Old 08-31-2013, 01:55 AM
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 2,769
When your buddy in a lowered 240 calls you vector he had a cracked oil pan and needs a tow!
MattBillyTayloe is offline  
post #6894 of Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 PM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,068
When people think your always "mudding" because your jeep always get dirty just from everyday use
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #6895 of Old 08-31-2013, 08:34 PM
dmill89
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
When people think your always "mudding" because your jeep always get dirty just from everyday use
Though sometimes "everyday use" involves mudding. I can't say I've never taken a "short cut" that involves a trail or rough dirt road.
dmill89 is offline  
post #6896 of Old 09-01-2013, 06:25 AM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmill89 View Post
Though sometimes "everyday use" involves mudding. I can't say I've never taken a "short cut" that involves a trail or rough dirt road.
Yeah I love doing that too lol. But most of the time when im working I cant take short cuts because of a trailer or tools etc. It gets dirty enough just from dirt roads, puddles, jobsites, or whatever I happen to be doing that day. I can imagine what it would look like without the bushwackers lol.
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #6897 of Old 09-01-2013, 09:56 AM
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 7,762
...when you still have to read the door switches on the ZJ to find the lock button...cuz I never drive it.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is online now  
post #6898 of Old 09-06-2013, 06:31 PM
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post

Yeah I love doing that too lol. But most of the time when im working I cant take short cuts because of a trailer or tools etc. It gets dirty enough just from dirt roads, puddles, jobsites, or whatever I happen to be doing that day. I can imagine what it would look like without the bushwackers lol.
I tend to pass people through peoples yards. Theres a 4 way stop that after school everyone heads that direction and its a giant cluster f. I take the big field and pass the students and buses. All fun and games til a bus driver calls the school

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #6899 of Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 PM
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
When everytime your highschool field has donut marks the principle comes to you because you are always driving with mud all over the jeep. This includes other schools in the county. May or may not have actually been me

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #6900 of Old 09-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Cowboy_Elvis
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: chesapeake
Posts: 36
You know you drive a xj when one new ding pops out an old one

When you refer to a new scrape as a "fender kiss"
Cowboy_Elvis is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What do you drive when you can't drive the Jeep? wyojeep92 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 418 10-17-2012 06:55 AM
Converting a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive Greg_Towle XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 4 09-24-2009 07:42 PM
Drive it into the dirt until it dies, fix it, and drive some more!! SoCal_HEMIHead XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 14 08-02-2009 09:23 AM
front drive shaft as a rear drive shaft jeepsteads XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 42 12-15-2006 10:09 PM
A 16 hour drive Millwaukee WI, from Brooklyn NY, to drive or no?? arieljeep XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 6 06-29-2005 03:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome