you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 457 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Reply
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #6841
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
You must mean GMFS
Yep, I sold my '02 Z71 last year but still check in on the forums from time to time. Every guy on any Jeep themed forum is a damn genious compared to those guys over there. Ive never seen so much money spent on such useless ****.

__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #6842
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Yep, I sold my '02 Z71 last year but still check in on the forums from time to time. Every guy on any Jeep themed forum is a damn genious compared to those guys over there. Ive never seen so much money spent on such useless ****.
Funny I sold mine for a Toyota and I see a lot of GMFS people over their talking about how much better their Toyota is than GM...sad really but that's a totally different conversation
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #6843
DriverX
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Yep, I sold my '02 Z71 last year but still check in on the forums from time to time. Every guy on any Jeep themed forum is a damn genious compared to those guys over there. Ive never seen so much money spent on such useless ****.
Never did like the Cen-Cal look, but I was always in the section with static and bagged crew cabs. I miss my truck, but this is way more fun. And the majority of people on GMFS had other people build their rides.
DriverX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #6844
Livin2xs
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bonney lake, wa
Posts: 217
Your Sunday morning starts like this
image-1086048481.jpg

Livin2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #6845
toaster
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 35
-When you don't want to replace your heater core because you have to pull the ac condenser and have great ac and are worried it will mess up and never be the same so you just keep topping her off every couple weeks.
-When you keep putting off installing parts because you know it will cause something else to go bad.
-When you have no radio in the dash and love the extra "storage" spot you get, holds the phone just perfect to almost hear the music playing.
-When you can go all day without running hot until you go above 65, OR when you start to overheat and move the temp to HOT long enough to have warm air come through and then you are fine again.
-When you think about how more power will solve the above problem but don't have the time to install your go fast parts.
-When you make sure to tell the wife every little thing the Jeep does that is weird because you know she will be driving it the next day, even though she knows them all from being a passenger.
-When you don't worry about the NSS being bad because it keeps your stupid friends from trying to take her out.
-When your dad knows it is cheaper to replace his DD Jeep (95 2wd with 300k+, door that will no longer close and busted rear hatch window) than to fix it. Found one with better miles, no dents, nothing broken for $500.
-When it is worth more for scrap metal than you paid for it.
-When you love pissing people off in their expensive toys with your sub-1000 rig.
-When your wife LOVES driving it to get her nails done because it is a combo-breaker parked next to all the nice expensive cars at the nail salon, or anywhere she drives it.
-When you take your kid to the park and people spend extra time to park far away and leave lots of space around you.
-When you get behind people on larger roads (2 or more lanes each way) and they move when they see the Jeep in the mirror.
-When you don't fill the oil all the way up because you know she leaks exactly one quart the first day and holds steady until she needs changing.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #6846
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
When you take your front drive shaft off and all your vibrations stop lolol
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #6847
AKIQPilot
Senior Member
 
AKIQPilot's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
-When you don't want to replace your heater core because you have to pull the ac condenser and have great ac and are worried it will mess up and never be the same so you just keep topping her off every couple weeks.
-When you keep putting off installing parts because you know it will cause something else to go bad.
-When you have no radio in the dash and love the extra "storage" spot you get, holds the phone just perfect to almost hear the music playing.
-When you can go all day without running hot until you go above 65, OR when you start to overheat and move the temp to HOT long enough to have warm air come through and then you are fine again.
-When you think about how more power will solve the above problem but don't have the time to install your go fast parts.
-When you make sure to tell the wife every little thing the Jeep does that is weird because you know she will be driving it the next day, even though she knows them all from being a passenger.
-When you don't worry about the NSS being bad because it keeps your stupid friends from trying to take her out.
-When your dad knows it is cheaper to replace his DD Jeep (95 2wd with 300k+, door that will no longer close and busted rear hatch window) than to fix it. Found one with better miles, no dents, nothing broken for $500.
-When it is worth more for scrap metal than you paid for it.
-When you love pissing people off in their expensive toys with your sub-1000 rig.
-When your wife LOVES driving it to get her nails done because it is a combo-breaker parked next to all the nice expensive cars at the nail salon, or anywhere she drives it.
-When you take your kid to the park and people spend extra time to park far away and leave lots of space around you.
-When you get behind people on larger roads (2 or more lanes each way) and they move when they see the Jeep in the mirror.
-When you don't fill the oil all the way up because you know she leaks exactly one quart the first day and holds steady until she needs changing.

LOL. Lots of good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
When you take your front drive shaft off and all your vibrations stop lolol
Another good one.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #6848
BigBadWuf
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greenville, Virginia
Posts: 183
Ykydaxj when you think about putting a spool in the dana 35, then two days later the rearend bearings start whineing. Its like it had a mind of its own
BigBadWuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #6849
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,316
YKYDAXJ when you have to improvise out on the trail to get back out. I.e. ratchet strapped exhaust up, etc.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #6850
husker88jeep
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greeley, Colorado, Colorado
Posts: 309
yep this happened to me on a fishing trip in Southern Minnesota a few years ago.. my exhaust pipe broke just behind the converter at 2 am and luckily I had a wire coat hanger and some duct tape to do a quick repair until i could find a welder on a Sunday in smalltown USA.. Oh and on the way home (300 miles) I look into the rear view mirror and can't see my boat I'm towing because the trailer hitch bolt holes had rusted out on the frame and was hanging on by the two back bolts , causing the nose of the boat trailer to sag.. talk about puckering up for 300 miles hoping and praying my boat trailer doesn't break loose... I love my Jeep...
husker88jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #6851
husker88jeep
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greeley, Colorado, Colorado
Posts: 309
YKYDAXJ when you are 530 miles from your Jeep because of grad school, living arrangements, etc and you ask someone to send a current pic of your XJ because you haven't seen it in over 6 months. sigh.. must get my rig out to Colorado soon...
husker88jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #6852
Steelo805
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ojai, CA
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker88jeep
YKYDAXJ when you are 530 miles from your Jeep because of grad school, living arrangements, etc and you ask someone to send a current pic of your XJ because you haven't seen it in over 6 months. sigh.. must get my rig out to Colorado soon...
This one is awesome
Steelo805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #6853
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,437
You know you drive an XJ when your can box (The place we throw returnable cans) Is a lincon electric box that had 2 10LB spools of wire and a gas conversion kit in it. All for the XJ.
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #6854
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,144
YKYDAXJ when
image-1604136647.jpg

__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #6855
Moose12
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edgewater, MD
Posts: 28
-when PB Blaster goes up your nose while your up under it fixing something. Yes this happened today
__________________
1999 XJ 4.0L, 3" lift, AJ's phatxj front bumper, JCR rear standard bumper, 31" Mickey Thompson Baja claw radials, Cragar Soft 8's open/open 3.55's
Moose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.