Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive an XJ when..

736K views 8K replies 1K participants last post by  S8NNG8 
#1 ·
Im sure a thread like this exists but I havent seen one in a long time so..

you have flashlights taped to your fender because theyre brighter than your high beams

you have an extra CPS in your glove box

you have a 55 gallon drum of PB blaster in the garage and if it wasnt so expensive you would wash your jeep with it every day

you know the wife and kids favorite window position and automatically lower the windows to it before they ask

people wonder why your radio has a "front/rear fader" when you only seem to have rear speakers

you watch the temp gauge on your 00-01 closer than any other gauge

youre keyless entry fob locks/unlocks every door except the ones you need.. drivers and hatch

your roof rack cross bars are in the back cargo area rather than on the roof for the extra .5 mpg

See less See more
Reactions: TDougsxj
#3 ·
when people constantly complain getting in and out of the back seats

Reactions: seaweed88
#4,109 ·
#4 ·
you secretly like honda civics because they get great mpg, thus leaving more gas for your XJ to burn - plus theyre easy to park on top of when they take your parking space.

#1,063 · (Edited)
And to think, my previous vehicle (1985 Civic Hatchy). Hey I used to resemble that remark.:laugh:

I am damn GLAD to have my XJ. I know it's only a 2wd, but I'm making due.

ETA: Read all 71 pages in one sitting. OMG. Can't wait to get another XJ..

ETA: Heck this happened on the way to work tonight.

You know you drive an XJ when you have to hit a good sized pothole to bring your alternator online to put out the irritiating battery light and the needle you know is pointing in the wrong direction.

#569 ·
that would be me

#7 ·
^^^^ lol my gf is getting annoyed with that one....

when you turn on the fog lights and your radio turns off.

#1,060 ·
what is the burning smell

and not to get off track

when you consider your jeep your girlfriend because thats all you focus on

#10 · (Edited)
When you swap your tires just to go on the highway, or maybe thats just me.

When you purposly hit a curb in hopes of covering up a rattle.

When are willing to constantly jump curbs to avoid careless drivers.

When your radios main purpose is to cover up random noises.

When the dogs pefer riding in the XJ becaause they dont slide around on herculier.

When you run something like 20w50 so you dont have to replace your crankshaft.

When neighbors thing the UPS truck then you stop at their house.

#12 · (Edited)
You are frequently caught looking under other XJs to see which axle they have

You always correct people when they say your vehicle is a truck - It is not a truck, its a Jeep.

You have to explain there is a difference between people who own a Jeep and drive a Jeep, you drive a Jeep.

#1,663 ·
You are frequently caught looking under other XJs to see which axle they have

You always correct people when they say your vehicle is a truck - It is not a truck, its a Jeep.

You have to explain there is a difference between people who own a Jeep and drive a Jeep, you drive a Jeep.
How would you call it a truck? My Cherokee 4x4 looks like a baby carriage next to my F250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4:laugh::2thumbsup:

#14 ·
you can unroll all of your manual windows from the driver's seat

it takes you 10 minutes to explain all of the rattles and intricacies involved in driving your jeep...and they still call you 10 minutes later to ask if it should sound as if it were about to blow up.

you're one of two people: someone with a 2-door, or someone who wishes they had bought a two door.

you're always going to "rhinoline your whole floor next time you get a chance."

#45 ·
Or when you buy an unreasonably priced xj because it has a 5" lift 33's and have to go straight home cause its over heating, and immediately put 500 bucks into it to make it run at 210 degrees. And replace CPS. And ignition system.

EDIT: AND YOUR GLAD TO DO IT!!!

#20 ·
When your freinds make fun of you for that heep and you counter with, "Ive replaced all the parts though"

When you drive with the music loud with your freinds, and quiet with yourself to diagnose the new noise

You take girls on a date and open the door for them to be a gentleman
^and because your door secretly doesnt close if you dont click the metal lever on the inside because the spring rusted though.

You crawl under the jeep to check it out after driving the highway.

You crawl under the jeep to check it out after offroading

You crawl under the jeep to check it out for no reason at all

After spending money to upgrade you dont notice it and start another search to empty your bank

Even though theres millions out there, yours is special and you get in a fight with your mom because she doesnt think it will make a 2000 mile trip and even though you would like to start over again you dont want to go without your Jeep.--even though when someone says, come on colin, lets take your jeep to the place 2 minutes up the road you dont want to because your waiting for something to go wrong

#5,054 ·
Even though theres millions out there, yours is special and you get in a fight with your mom because she doesnt think it will make a 2000 mile trip and even though you would like to start over again you dont want to go without your Jeep.--even though when someone says, come on colin, lets take your jeep to the place 2 minutes up the road you dont want to because your waiting for something to go wrong
I was almost in tears when my mom had this argument with me. It was time to leave the nest for active duty and I had to make the drive from Indiana to Texas. Several gas tanks and a driveshaft/SYE upgrade later, I made it the whole 1100 miles.

#21 ·
You must purchase a winch "just in case"

You argue constantly how "its just like a wrangler"

Your spare tire is on the roof, "for show"

You've ever argued over a "SYE"

You can name at least 3 off brand lift kits and why they all are great/suck.

#24 ·
You've cleared a path through mid-day interstate traffic because your front wheels started wobbling violently.

All of your mechanicing clothes are permanently stained with Anti-seize and PB Blaster.

Your parking spot indicates oil doesn't stay in your engine long enough to need changed.

You can incorporate a pool noodle into autobody repair.

You've pieced your vehicle together from several different decades because the manufacturer didn't use all of the best parts on the same vehicles.

You beat the living tihs out of a vehicle you claim to love.

You know more about part interchangeability than the dealership.

You randomly purchase others just so you always "have a spare......".

Wm

#25 ·
you have a dozen different size and shape BFHs, all marked with tags as to what part of the XJ needs it and how many times it will need to be hit.

#27 ·
when you have a box full of the broken craftsman wrenchs and screwdrivers that you broke, and need to return to get a free new one, because you were to lazy to get the PB Blaster.

then you take the tools back and they ask how you broke them and all you have to say is i have a jeep XJ and they understand perfectly.

and the casher knows you by name

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.