Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive an XJ when..

736K views 8K replies 1K participants last post by  S8NNG8 
#1 ·
Im sure a thread like this exists but I havent seen one in a long time so..

you have flashlights taped to your fender because theyre brighter than your high beams

you have an extra CPS in your glove box

you have a 55 gallon drum of PB blaster in the garage and if it wasnt so expensive you would wash your jeep with it every day

you know the wife and kids favorite window position and automatically lower the windows to it before they ask

people wonder why your radio has a "front/rear fader" when you only seem to have rear speakers

you watch the temp gauge on your 00-01 closer than any other gauge

youre keyless entry fob locks/unlocks every door except the ones you need.. drivers and hatch

your roof rack cross bars are in the back cargo area rather than on the roof for the extra .5 mpg

See less See more
Reactions: TDougsxj
#1,062 ·
when you wave at jeeps even in your friends fox-body mustang
when you love it's abundance of diy-fixes on the forum
when you can't sleep at night because you're thinking of the mods you'll do to it which never actually happen
when you force your friend to take you to the hardware/parts store to get stuff to make replacement parts
when you love it so much, you do your first weld job on it...and it looks terrible, but works great
when parts that you use to fix it cost a fraction of the cost that the entire broken piece would cost. (cough cough resistor pack for blower motor cough cough)

#1,066 ·
Maybe this has been said in allllll these posts, but you know you have an XJ when before you can even put it in park at the local auto parts store, the clerk has already pulled up your Jeep's date, model, and make on the 'puter and is computing the commission in his head. Then he/she turns around to the flow chart tacked up on the corkboard to see which part is due to go out.:)

I love my Jeep, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to not anticipate what problems I'll have any given day! Course, she's cranky at 25 years old.

#1,067 ·
When you consider Jeep to be a make and a life style.

When you can use "Jeep" as a verb.
example: instead of saying, "Let's go wheeling" or "Let's go mudding", you say "Let's go Jeeping".:cheers2:

-David

#1,068 · (Edited)
....when you spend all your time in Iraq looking on JeepForums, purchasing upgrades/replacements, and trying to explain to your wife that it'll make the Jeep safer during accidents.:thumbsup:

....when you are constantly trying to explain to ur "Yota" buddy that it wont hurt to remove my doors.

....when I see XJs in Iraq and try to see if they have D44's in the rear, and if they dont have cup holders either.

....when you have planned exactly what steps, and how, you are going to install all of the parts you have purchased over an extended amount of time, and in which order.

....when you plan offroad trips that your XJ will be able to do after everything is installed a year in advance.

#1,069 ·
when you find this thread that is over a year old and you read all 72 pages of it, you know you are a jeeper.
Too bad, i had to stop at 9 pages and skip to the end.
My favorites are neither your headliner nor your rear hatch will stay up.

#1,076 ·
your rear hatch will stay up.
Only in cold weather, though. The other day, it was cold and rainy and I was trying to both hold my hatch up while putting groceries in the Jeep. I basically had to just crawl in the back and reach out to grab bags.

But you know you drive an XJ when this doesn't faze you ONE bit and you can make it look like FUN.:)

#1,071 ·
You Know You Drive an XJ when...

1 would lead people to believe that you are smart enough to find thread that already exists and is made up of 72+ pages. (see reply num 1 for link)

2. you should be strong enough to lift an 85 lb door.

#1,072 ·
You Know You Drive an XJ when...

1 would lead people to believe that you are smart enough to find thread that already exists and is made up of 72+ pages. (see reply num 1 for link)

2. you should be strong enough to lift an 85 lb door.
:rofl::rofl: You guys beat me to it!! :rofl::rofl:

#1,073 ·
When ever you try to unscrew something thats stuck. you think of pb blaster even if its electronic.

When you roll your jeep and people laugh and say you just broke your truck. and you laugh flip it back and continue wheeling while saying the damage makes it look better.

when all you can think about is how said upgrade will look on your jeep.

when you call Every trail.. a jeepin trail.

#1,081 ·
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Right now my neighborhood is having the cracked sidewalk cement replaced and the contractor stopped by my house while I was wrenching and said you know that jeep looks a hell of alot better when its covered in mud you know?

I looked at him and started laughing my *** of because I have passed his crew a few times when I was goin down the road and I always give a friendly honk to them. I also noticed that they were playing the local country station but they didnt have it high enough to hear over the jack hammer so I blast mine and they just started smiling.

#1,083 ·
a blown motor and instead of sending it to the junk yard, you spend 1500.00 on a remanufactured motor because the thought of driving any other vehichle makes you feel like a dirty cheating spouse. ;)
or when you only have 80k on your motor and you are already planing when it blows/breaks down (assuming 300k-500k range) you will buy a refurb or build a stroker for it

-matt

#1,084 ·
When you have a big rubbermaid tub full of "just in case" parts, including everything from plugs to those rubber pad/strip thingys that go underneath the door on the frame (and is exposed when the door is open).

#1,090 ·
When you have a milk crate in the back that always has antifreeze, jug of water, various tools, something to lay on when you're underneath looking for the problem, oil, a portable battery pack with jumper cables, and so on...:)

#1,092 ·
Just have to tell you this...

Went to the car wash today to wash my very dirty jeep after 2 weeks, only becuase I am going on a road trip. Anyway, I pull in and begin washing my jeep only to have the car wash owner walk up to me. (Oh no...here it comes) He is shaking his head looking at my mess of a jeep chuckling,(good sign) walks up to the selector machine, puts his key in, and says "Open bay. Take all the time you need." And walks away chuckling to himself "What a dirty jeep..."

#1,100 ·
...when you know you can only get 300 miles off of a tank of gas...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.