you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Moe88
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 20
Haha,
passengers always give me strange looks when because of my crooked steering wheel.

Also, your steering wheel squeals like a loose fan belt.

your constantly tightening and changing your serpentine belt but it always squawks at the worst possible time.

your friends know which doors will get stuck open when its cold.

no one understands just how much it hurts to drive long trips.

You spend all of your free time either fixing problems, or searching around jeep forum to figure out what the problem is.


1998 XJ sport, AX-15, 30x9.5 BFG A/T, AR wheels, 3.5" up, C4X4 Front hooks, Class III hitch
Moe88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Paradise XJ
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise, CA
Posts: 2,424
When your wife asks you when you're going to be finished with the Jeep and you say "never"!!

When your buddy, who's been through 2 Tacomas asks "You still have that thing"?

1990 XJ Laredo - White & Chrome
1988 MJ Pioneer - Metallic Green and Black
Paradise XJ is offline  
post #33 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 02:58 PM
seanyb505
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverXJ View Post
You feel really weird when you realize you don't have anything to tweak/adjust/fix at any given time.
Im actually getting that feeling right about now...

4.6 stroker, 2wd, 5spd, larger sway bars front and rear, 3.55s, KJ 16's.

Projected date of completion - lol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
seanyb505 is offline  
post #34 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 03:53 PM
SilverXJ
Senior Member
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bedford, PA
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Im actually getting that feeling right about now...
That usually means something catastrophic is going to happen soon.
SilverXJ is offline  
post #35 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 04:01 PM
seanyb505
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 575
No I just replaced the transmission, and since purchasing parts for stroker parts has leveled off Im getting antsy in my pantsies.

4.6 stroker, 2wd, 5spd, larger sway bars front and rear, 3.55s, KJ 16's.

Projected date of completion - lol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
seanyb505 is offline  
post #36 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 04:16 PM
motorheadmach1
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UNION CITY, TN
Posts: 162
when "death wobble" is a household term for all your friends and family.

no matter what your lift set up is you always want to change to something better

1990 XJ, complete HO swap, approx 4" lift, 33 mt's, "trimmed" fenders, cobra CB, Homebrew roof light bar, 91' non disconnect front axle. various odds and ends.
"Friends don't let friends wrench alone"
motorheadmach1 is offline  
post #37 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 05:03 PM
HYRYSC
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MO
Posts: 43
when a d35 is weaker than a wet noodle when you are talking to your YJ buddies, but then after you find a good deal on a XJ with a d35, you are sure that it can handle the 35 inch tires so you can save up a bit before you do the 9 inch swap.
HYRYSC is offline  
post #38 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 05:19 PM
xjken99
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 382
When you can not explain why the carpet in the front passenger foot well is wet.
Why you need a full size spare on the roof.
Explain to your wife why it feels squirrelly when driving compared to her comphy sedan.
When you have to look for a vacumn leak because your heat/ac won't come out the right vents.

Just a slightly modded XJ with a little lift, some armor, four mud tires and a few decals, so far.
xjken99 is offline  
post #39 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 05:47 PM
jckdebayxj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Ohio-godforsaken SM
Posts: 29
when you have seafoam... and know which vacuum line to use it in
you are all too familiar with broken top shock mount bolts
you are ALWAYS working on it ,even though it may not actually need to be worked on

98 Sport 4.0
jckdebayxj is offline  
post #40 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 05:58 PM
scouperacer1994
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 362
...when you have to put it in neutral to get it to start.

...when you spill 24oz. of scalding hot coffee all over your lap due to the lack of cup holders.

...when your passengers are worried that the spare tire is coming thru the roof whenever you hit a bmp.

-1995 XJ Country, 4.5 Rusty's Springs and 1.75" spacers Front,4.5" leafs & 1.5"shackles, 33x12.5-15 BFG Mud Terrain T/A Locked and 4.10 geared D30/35
-1997 TJ Sport, 4" Procomp, RE Monotubes, 33x12.5/15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Locked and 4.10 geared D30/35.

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
scouperacer1994 is offline  
post #41 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Goldenknob
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Antlers, Ok
Posts: 1,067
When you curb hop just to feel like your off-roading.

When you curb hop, because you can.
Goldenknob is offline  
post #42 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
CharBroiled
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 644
when people have to ask you what color your XJ is because no ones ever seen it not totally covered in mud.

2000 Cherokee Sport 4.0L Selec Trac - mine - for occasional wheeling
2007 Patriot 2.4L FD I 4x4 - wifes - doomed to rarely leave the street
CharBroiled is offline  
post #43 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
1996xj
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 1,582
When you get neverous because nothing has broke for an extended period.

When after you wash your normally muddy XJ the security guard stops you because he. nolonger recognizes it.

1996xj
3" Rough Country Lift, 3in shackles, 3 RC shocks, 31" BFG ATs, 2 KCs, Lighted Roofrack, Soft 8s, TC drop, Custom oil leak deflector.
If only i could get a set of tires to last me 10,000Miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
i am just gunna drive around in 4lo on dry streets, and peel out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
I once got a ticket for jerking while driving it. The cop wouldnt let me use his pen to sign the ticket.
1996xj is offline  
post #44 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Lost_sage
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 29
When you have to be careful rolling down a window because the controls might fall into the door cavity

If you've ever had to use a snow bank to augment your suddenly stuck open rear brakes.

If you've ever had one of the rubber factory roof liners blow off while driving down the highway.
Lost_sage is offline  
post #45 of 8103 Old 04-12-2008, 08:07 PM
BigJeepin87
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Matthews
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
When you know the location of every junkyard within 50 miles.
When you buy a reasonably priced vehicle and upgrade it with unreasonable amounts of money.

Or when you buy an unreasonably priced xj because it has a 5" lift 33's and have to go straight home cause its over heating, and immediately put 500 bucks into it to make it run at 210 degrees. And replace CPS. And ignition system.

EDIT: AND YOUR GLAD TO DO IT!!!
BigJeepin87 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What do you drive when you can't drive the Jeep? wyojeep92 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 418 10-17-2012 07:55 AM
Converting a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive Greg_Towle XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 4 09-24-2009 08:42 PM
Drive it into the dirt until it dies, fix it, and drive some more!! SoCal_HEMIHead XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 14 08-02-2009 10:23 AM
front drive shaft as a rear drive shaft jeepsteads XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 42 12-15-2006 11:09 PM
A 16 hour drive Millwaukee WI, from Brooklyn NY, to drive or no?? arieljeep XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 6 06-29-2005 04:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome