you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 154 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #2296
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE=Willy36;8590053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post

all the tourists from there who come here and can't ski and snowboard worth 2 ****s and then cut me off and make me eat **** just to avoid plowing their stupid asses over.

and who can't drive in the snow so i get stuck behind them going 20 when i could easily be safely going 60.
I resent that slightly...lol...There may not be any decent places to ski here in Ohio but I have made several trips out to Breckenridge and I can ski the bowls out there just fine. Then again probably not as good if I lived in Colorado, oh well.

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #2297
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt41 View Post

I resent that slightly...lol...There may not be any decent places to ski here in Ohio but I have made several trips out to Breckenridge and I can ski the bowls out there just fine. Then again probably not as good if I lived in Colorado, oh well.
i was referring to those people in specific, not generalizing

but in general, most of those specific people come from texas and nebraska lol
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #2298
98GooseXJ14
1997 XJ Cherokee 

when you know something is broken and it should be fixed.. but you just tell everyone its a jeep, its suppose to do that.
98GooseXJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #2299
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
i was referring to those people in specific, not generalizing

but in general, most of those specific people come from texas and nebraska lol
HAHA, okay. I've driven through Nebraska several times going to Colorado. I can understand why they are like that...lol

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #2300
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE=Curt41;8590642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post

lol dont worry I live in MN, and I frequant CO, but I cant ski or board worth crap lol.
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 05:20 PM   #2301
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

you have an old style xj with the amc steering wheel and amc horn and you can easily press the horn for a friendly honk (toot-toot) to people you know...

then you get a 2000 xj and no matter what honk you do it sounds like an angry honk because the its so damn hard to find the horn pressure thingy in the steering wheel
Unread 12-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #2302
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx1kxj View Post
you have an old style xj with the amc steering wheel and amc horn and you can easily press the horn for a friendly honk (toot-toot) to people you know...

then you get a 2000 xj and no matter what honk you do it sounds like an angry honk because the its so damn hard to find the horn pressure thingy in the steering wheel
I was driving with my friend the other day and someone cut me off. I hit the horn but nothing happened and my friend just starts laughing. I know it works, its just a pain finding the right spot. Definitely a bad design, I miss the steering wheel of my '90

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #2303
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
I was driving with my friend the other day and someone cut me off. I hit the horn but nothing happened and my friend just starts laughing. I know it works, its just a pain finding the right spot. Definitely a bad design, I miss the steering wheel of my '90
when you own a 90 and never ever miss the horn
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 07:24 PM   #2304
talentjeep
1987 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE=AustinTexasXJ;8587698]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcxleatherneck View Post

um whats wrong with being from Texas **** head?

you know the owner and main person of this forum is from texas?
You know you drive an XJ when you've got the huevos to insult Texas openly!

When you have bruises from the gf throwing stuff at you because you keep saying her stock '89 looks so cute next to the '87.

"You don't even have to high step into it honey! This is great!"
:Shoe flies:
Unread 01-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #2305
my1979impala
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
the cover on my steering wheel came off so the metal ring is/was exposed. you had to take your thumb and index finger of both hands and push on all 4 "corners" to make it work and it may or may not shock you
Unread 01-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #2306
jsmiddleton4
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You are watching the first Lord of the Rings, Gollum comes on screen for the first time and they show his hands and you think to yourself, "Man, those are the kind of hands I need to work in my Cherokee's engine compartment."
jsmiddleton4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #2307
jsmiddleton4
1997 XJ Cherokee 

When it dawns on you that all the reasons you use to explain to folks why your Jeep makes noises are exactly the same reasons you've been telling your family for why YOU make noises......
Unread 01-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #2308
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
When it dawns on you that all the reasons you use to explain to folks why your Jeep makes noises are exactly the same reasons you've been telling your family for why YOU make noises......
Soooo you are 3 quarts low on oil and need a new blowermotor? lmao
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #2309
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96vanillaXJ View Post
Soooo you are 3 quarts low on oil and need a new blowermotor? lmao
Or your shocks are shot, one engine mounts needs replacing, the right rear brake grinds a little and your driver's door panel rattles every time you close the door because it has been taken on and off so many times the only thing holding it on is the door handle?

Oh, and don't forget the rear seat squeaking at the upper latch, the strange thump from the steering when reversing at full lock, the tire rubbing on the flare due to sagging springs at full lock and the myriad of noises coming from the engine compartment?
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #2310
jsmiddleton4
1997 XJ Cherokee 

When you think you qualify for being green because you've figured out how to reuse wire ties.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.