Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive an XJ when..

736K views 8K replies 1K participants last post by  S8NNG8 
#1 ·
Im sure a thread like this exists but I havent seen one in a long time so..

you have flashlights taped to your fender because theyre brighter than your high beams

you have an extra CPS in your glove box

you have a 55 gallon drum of PB blaster in the garage and if it wasnt so expensive you would wash your jeep with it every day

you know the wife and kids favorite window position and automatically lower the windows to it before they ask

people wonder why your radio has a "front/rear fader" when you only seem to have rear speakers

you watch the temp gauge on your 00-01 closer than any other gauge

youre keyless entry fob locks/unlocks every door except the ones you need.. drivers and hatch

your roof rack cross bars are in the back cargo area rather than on the roof for the extra .5 mpg

See less See more
Reactions: TDougsxj
#442 ·
flip the back down and BOLT THEM IN! :D

edit: oh and, You know you drive an xj when... soccer moms drive the same vehicle you drive :(

#443 ·
a cop pulls up because your gay *** neighbors reported you and your friends for noise issues (exhaust on my friends truck) and the cop starts listing off legal issues on your jeep.

your neighbors used to like you but now they hate you because you have a "big, ugly, annoying jeep" and your friends all have loud trucks too.

you cant stand seeing soccer moms in lexuses putting on make up and talking on the phone while driving because you know they are the reason there are bumper height laws.

you have no money

#450 ·
When you see your low washer fluid light blink on and off when ever you hit a bump. (which is always)

when you don't bother to fix your rear washer sprayer because you know it is going to break tomorrow and you like to piss on tailgaters. :2thumbsup:

#451 ·
when is rains inside during a hurricane and you're pulling out the stuck tourists from their beach houses!!!

when its a deathmatch for your friends to call shotgun, because no one is climbing in or out of that back door

#452 ·
god I love this thread

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

when you pressure wash you xj and its still dusty (did that today)

when your parents learn to save up for their water bill.

when you have to show a yj owner how to go muddin.

when you can guess how far down you gas needle dipped with thatlast hill/bump/acceleration.

when you park halfway on a curb so you can take a mallet and chisel to the mud under your jeep.

when you changed the focus of your friends car club from drag and show to mud and rock.

when you can pop a tire on the way to you mud pit (did that yesterday):brickwall

when you can park on top of the rock pile that your friend with a yj cant!!:barbell:

#521 ·
Guilty as charged.:hahaha:

You know you drive an XJ when your rear top shock mounts are rusted off, so you drill straight through to the floor of the back and put a whole bolt through it. Now that'll hold it. :cheers:

#460 ·
When your on a 1st date you explain why your jeep has two switches on the dash to turn on the dual electric fans. then you attempt to explain how your jeep used to over heat but after a new radiator, hoses, thermostate, reservoir and cap (from the dealer, not aftermarket), and an aftermarket electric fan the jeep is much more reliable. She responds that you really should get a new truck. You never date her again.

#467 ·
well, my gf kind of understands. she usually just shakes her head when i talk about my jeep and stuff. she doesnt seem to mind it to much.

well, heres a new one

because of your jeep, you get suspended from work (well, not really jeep like. after work it had rained alot and i did a little spinning of the tires...just blowing off some steam. in the process of finding a new job anyway).

#469 ·
oh hell yeah dude. man it was just spinnin them at half throttle. but i came in at 8 today and my other manager just handed me the slip that i had to sign so im suspended for 3 days. still hate that im getting the same pay i started with..oh well. 3 days to work on the jeep. gonna apply at some other places today too.

#471 ·
thanks man and yeah. im just suspended, i still have my job but next time i get in trouble, im gettin fired. im gonna do some job hunting tomorrow..today im finishing up on the jeep. but yeah, made some nice marks in the parking lot..haha.

to add another from today

your hands are scared and you got tiny pieces of metal stuck in your hands from working on your xj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.