you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 130 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Reply
Unread 11-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #1936
DustinTennant
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lafayette, Ga
Posts: 27
When your floorboard gets flooded while being pulled out of the mud hole after getting stuck instead of when going in.

DustinTennant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #1937
talentjeep
Registered User
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: talent,or
Posts: 1,226
When you love going to work because you get to spend ten minutes doing brodies in 4-Lo in the back (mud) parking lot.

It rains too much! I can't keep the mud on it!
__________________
'87 XJ Pioneer with 32" KM2s, etc.
talentjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #1938
Swagger_Wagon
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oak Lawn, IL/South GA
Posts: 1,538
When a chick in a camry rear ends you and her uncle shows up at the scene, looks around the back of your Jeep expecting to see some carnage, sees nothing but a few scratches and a slightly bent tailpipe and says "Good ol' Jeeps!"

When that happened, we were on the way to a HS fball game after getting paint. The girls camry got towed away on a flat bed, and me and my buddy drove off to the game. American steel FTW
__________________
Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #1939
talentjeep
Registered User
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: talent,or
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by HevinDester View Post
When a chick in a camry rear ends you
My first car accident was me rear-ending an XJ w/ a 1982 Diesel Chevette 5spd.

My radiator was wrapped around my block, the frame was bent and the battery was in two pieces. - He drove away after the glass popped out of the rear window.

Jeeps!
__________________
'87 XJ Pioneer with 32" KM2s, etc.
talentjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #1940
Spokes
Mall Crawler
 
Spokes's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 6,217
last year in my comanche i got rear ended by a brand new F-150. he hit me so hard that my radio fell out lol i was wearing a hoody with pull strings around the hood and those little rope were under my seatbelt and for a week they hurt so bad lol his truck needed to get a flat bed, i drove off to pcik up some used 31s on black steelies for 300 bucks lol

but my comanche help up great lol he only put 2 little dents in the tailgate, ever so slightly bent the bumper, the only thing i was mad about was the fact that he messed up my exhaust cause his bumper hit my tailpipe and bent the whole thing! i was pissed cause the exhaust was litterally like 2 weeks old.
__________________

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #1941
wyojeep92
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 268
When people continue to suggest a body lift because they don't understand what a unibody is ha
__________________
1999 XJ 4.5 inch ZONE lift, trimmed front and back, 34 10.50 15 super swamper tsls, Adjustable IRO double shear track bar, Stainless steel woven brake lines, Bar pin eliminators, Cragar 15x8 4in back space soft 8s, discos, B&M transcooler and temp gauge, K&N intake
wyojeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #1942
Swagger_Wagon
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oak Lawn, IL/South GA
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
last year in my comanche i got rear ended by a brand new F-150. he hit me so hard that my radio fell out lol i was wearing a hoody with pull strings around the hood and those little rope were under my seatbelt and for a week they hurt so bad lol his truck needed to get a flat bed, i drove off to pcik up some used 31s on black steelies for 300 bucks lol

but my comanche help up great lol he only put 2 little dents in the tailgate, ever so slightly bent the bumper, the only thing i was mad about was the fact that he messed up my exhaust cause his bumper hit my tailpipe and bent the whole thing! i was pissed cause the exhaust was litterally like 2 weeks old.
Yeah when I got hit, since she was driving a little camry, she slid under my bumper and the back two tires hopped up in the air haha. That's why she bent my tail pipe. Oh well, I got a good deal out of it because the repair shop decided to install all new piping from the cat-back including a new muffler that sounds a LOT better than stock.
__________________
Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #1943
Mickey_D
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 40 3'42.36"N 112 2'16.73"W, Utah
Posts: 6,829
You know you drive an XJ when you have to smack both sides of the hood to close it all the way.

That is instead of hitting it in the middle like every other car on the market in the world...
__________________
1997 ZJ 5.2 Orvis, Baby!
1953 Willys M100 trailer Tagalong
________________
[_][][][][][][][][_]


Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #1944
Hussler
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: utica, new york
Posts: 5,287
when you slide down the the road next to your house hit the guard rail covered in snow and go OVER it instead of being stopped. then you just shrug and decide to drive completely over it and drive through the field and then into your lawn.
when your druggy friend that started on pot and ended up at heroine says "this is too F'ing dangerous!" jumps out of your jeep because hes terrified its going to flip over!
I had a hot girl on facebook say "nice jeep, but i've always wanted a wrangler" and my response was deleting her from my friends list.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Sometimes a restoration project is a labor of love, at which point cost, time, and labor involved become irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #1945
Willy36
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FoCo, Colorado
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
I had a hot girl on facebook say "nice jeep, but i've always wanted a wrangler" and my response was deleting her from my friends list.
so much win
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #1946
joshrad
Who needs roads?
 
joshrad's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Campbell, CA
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
I had a hot girl on facebook say "nice jeep, but i've always wanted a wrangler" and my response was deleting her from my friends list.
This is going in my sig
__________________
Joshrad's XJ Build Thread (slow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #1947
Hussler
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: utica, new york
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrad1 View Post
This is going in my sig
ok ive been quoted a good 30 times now in signatures, kinda feeling like the man. there is two alone on this page! haha love it though, i have been IMMORTALIZED haha.
how do you change your sig? tried editing it in my profile but their was no edit button. i wanna quote somebody! haha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Sometimes a restoration project is a labor of love, at which point cost, time, and labor involved become irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #1948
joshrad
Who needs roads?
 
joshrad's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Campbell, CA
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
ok ive been quoted a good 30 times now in signatures, kinda feeling like the man. there is two alone on this page! haha love it though, i have been IMMORTALIZED haha.
how do you change your sig? tried editing it in my profile but their was no edit button. i wanna quote somebody! haha
If you click on "My Account" and scroll down to beneath the subscriptions box, there is a "Edit Signature" link.
__________________
Joshrad's XJ Build Thread (slow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2009, 02:29 AM   #1949
talentjeep
Registered User
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: talent,or
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrad1 View Post
If you click on "My Account" and scroll down to beneath the subscriptions box, there is a "Edit Signature" link.
When you miss work, carry in all your tools 1/4 miles into JY, crack your index knuckle with an 8lb sledge and drag Blazer leaf springs through the gravel and mud the whole way back to the shop, pay $40 for 'em and almost break the door carrying them out...

And everytime you move your left hand you think about how good the Jeep is gonna look with the lift!

Bleed or Quit.
__________________
'87 XJ Pioneer with 32" KM2s, etc.
talentjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2009, 02:41 AM   #1950
keepishop
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
See below...
__________________

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap, bronco 2 carrier, rad fan switch
Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.