you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 114 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #1696
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
hey thats what the hood is for hahaha

J/K man. idk if i'd do it in the back of the XJ. With my luck she'd smack her head on somethin and i'd never hear the end of it. Plus if its a girl you have a bad break up with what are you gunna think about everytime you drive the XJ.
It didn't bug me probably b/c she dumped me over a year later, it still doesn't bug me b/c I just figure it was just high school, and now i'm in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #1697
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
hey thats what the hood is for hahaha

J/K man. idk if i'd do it in the back of the XJ. With my luck she'd smack her head on somethin and i'd never hear the end of it. Plus if its a girl you have a bad break up with what are you gunna think about everytime you drive the XJ.
well in that case I should be doing a lot of thinking when I drive my XJ, and Im actually not. That's ok though, I'm sure I'll make more memories real soon haha but I'm in no hurry after the last few

1986 BMW 535i -Sold, 12/10

2004 330i Sport
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #1698
corndogduff

I've had to sell a car after our "first time together" was in the backseat, but then again we dated for 2 years solid without a real fight then BAM she dumps me, so i had to get rid of it, too painful....

AAH to be a few years younger again....
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #1699
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
I've had to sell a car after our "first time together" was in the backseat, but then again we dated for 2 years solid without a real fight then BAM she dumps me, so i had to get rid of it, too painful....

AAH to be a few years younger again....
I look at life more like a journey my friend

2004 330i Sport
Unread 09-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #1700
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

you guys are bringing up back memories of my ex. damn you guys!

but you know you drive and xj when inside of going out drinking on the night before you day off, you stay home and spend in on JF and make an itemized list of all the stuff you need to get from various companies and compare prices and balanced the check book so see how much stuff you can actually afford to get done this month.

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #1701
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
but you know you drive and xj when inside of going out drinking on the night before you day off, you stay home and spend in on JF and make an itemized list of all the stuff you need to get from various companies and compare prices and balanced the check book so see how much stuff you can actually afford to get done this month.
bam, me right there.

2004 330i Sport
Unread 09-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #1702
ketchem23
1992 XJ Cherokee 

you know you drive a XJ when you bury the jeep in 3 1/2 feet of water just to give your girlfriend a reason for ripping out the carpet and lining the floor
ketchem23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #1703
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
DO I EVER!! Hell I want to buy another one just so I can... and I have seriously thought about it. If I ever find one cheap enough, she's mine, and I am taking her top off!
Kettles, would 800 be cheap enough for ya?? if so, i know where there is one for sale

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #1704
Biohazed
1990 XJ Cherokee 

having to constantly explain that the Blue smoke out the exhaust is no cause for alarm

having your wife total refusing to ride in your XJ because it scares her

keeping a roll of electrical Tape, Duct tape, wire and a wire coat hanger in the car at all times

spending 10 times the value of your XJ to customize it to prove that it can keep up with a Wrangler
Unread 09-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #1705
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnhrt1979 View Post
Kettles, would 800 be cheap enough for ya?? if so, i know where there is one for sale
I know there is one for 800 for sale on CL here. If I had 800 I would get it. I was thinking more like 500 though. If I do hopefully my dad would put it on his insurance too, so that it costs much less (my xj is on his, so if I had to insure the other one in my name, it would be full price, not the discount you get for having more cars than drivers)
Oh ****.. there is a 2000 for $800 for sale today... http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1375746683.html said needs engine work... wonder if the head cracked? Out of my range, and I couldn't cut up an '00..
It is the same color as my baby too!
a 95 for 450 but the Alternator is seized up so its not currently derivable..

Man if I hadn't just ordered a bumper from aj's.... I need a job! grr...
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.

Last edited by Kettles; 09-15-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #1706
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

when your adjusting your headlights in your jeep and you get alot of looks from people driving audi's and acuras thinking "what the hell is he doing?"
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #1707
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I know there is one for 800 for sale on CL here. If I had 800 I would get it. I was thinking more like 500 though. If I do hopefully my dad would put it on his insurance too, so that it costs much less (my xj is on his, so if I had to insure the other one in my name, it would be full price, not the discount you get for having more cars than drivers)
Oh ****.. there is a 2000 for $800 for sale today... 2000 Jeep Cherokee said needs engine work... wonder if the head cracked? Out of my range, and I couldn't cut up an '00..
It is the same color as my baby too!
a 95 for 450 but the Alternator is seized up so its not currently derivable..

Man if I hadn't just ordered a bumper from aj's.... I need a job! grr...
yea, the one i know asbout is a 93 XJ, red 4door with select trac t-case with only 143000 miles on it.... kid said that the only issue is that it burns about a quart of oil a month. the only other thing is that it is in Dubouis, PA. if anyone is interested, PM me and i will get you the contact info.

Outlawed Offroad Forums

Unread 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #1708
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yea, the one i know asbout is a 93 XJ, red 4door with select trac t-case with only 143000 miles on it.... kid said that the only issue is that it burns about a quart of oil a month. the only other thing is that it is in Dubouis, PA. if anyone is interested, PM me and i will get you the contact info.
Offer him 230... thats all I got. lol. only problem is thats like 8hrs away.. how am I gonna get both xj's back... I could rent a car dolly, lol. I could offer this guy here 230 for his 89...

You know you drive an XJ when you want to get another one as a trail rig and weekend party vehicle.. and use your DD as the tow rig!
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
Quote:
Quote:
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #1709
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Offer him 230... thats all I got. lol. only problem is thats like 8hrs away.. how am I gonna get both xj's back... I could rent a car dolly, lol. I could offer this guy here 230 for his 89...

You know you drive an XJ when you want to get another one as a trail rig and weekend party vehicle.. and use your DD as the tow rig!
yea, i offered him like 400 on it, and he is stuck on the 800, it has new rocker panels, floor pans, and front steering parts plus wheel bearings. I would have gone for it, but for about the same amount I can get the Mustang running again, LOL, plus it just aint in the the budget at the moment.

on topic...when you dream at night of what you want your XJ to look like

when in set dream you also dream of winning the lotto so you can either build your dream XJ or at least make a giant leap forward toward it

Outlawed Offroad Forums

Unread 09-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #1710
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yea, i offered him like 400 on it, and he is stuck on the 800, it has new rocker panels, floor pans, and front steering parts plus wheel bearings. I would have gone for it, but for about the same amount I can get the Mustang running again, LOL, plus it just aint in the the budget at the moment.

on topic...when you dream at night of what you want your XJ to look like

when in set dream you also dream of winning the lotto so you can either build your dream XJ or at least make a giant leap forward toward it
Wait wait wait... what the hell does your dream XJ look like that winning the lottery would only give you a giant leap towards it???
Hell the minimum lottery here is 20mil.. and I could have my dream XJ built from scratch from new aftermarket parts FOR ME (as in hire someone) and do a whole lot more for only 1 mil... is your dream xj made of all carbon fiber, titanium, and depleted uranium?
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
The Rocket Sheep
Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.