you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #1516
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwildman138x View Post
Guess I spoke too soon the air took a dump today. Should have knocked on wood.
mine didn't work when i bought it. Then i thought it would be sweet fun to rear end a guy. ended up with a new compressor and a recharg worked for about a summer then quite working. Had it recharged last summer and tested for leaks they are pretty sure that it is the evap coil. That recharge lasted 2.5 months. They let me know what the price tag was for a evap coil and i said no thanks i'll just install the 60 for 6 system and move on with life.

My wife gripes about having to ride around in the heat i told her how much it would cost to fix it, then explained what the value of the XJ is... She said well we can't afford for you to have a new truck i said so we sit here in the heat.

mavrick480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #1517
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

when it requires pliers to pop the hood... Stupid hood latch cable... I'll add that to the list of **** to fix.

When your neighbor comes over to tell you that some one has backed into your car you confirm it was the xj, poke your head out the door to make sure the xj isn't totalled and tell them not to worry about it.

When your list of **** to fix for your XJ is longer than the list of **** to fix on your house.

Hood latch
paint new welds
install new axle because the one i have yolk is complete shot
herc up to first crease
Plugs Wires, cap, and button
seafoam
find a guy who is willing to help me install new gears for a case of beer.
convince my wife aussie locker is totally worth the money
on and on and on
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #1518
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick480 View Post
mine didn't work when i bought it. Then i thought it would be sweet fun to rear end a guy. ended up with a new compressor and a recharg worked for about a summer then quite working. Had it recharged last summer and tested for leaks they are pretty sure that it is the evap coil. That recharge lasted 2.5 months. They let me know what the price tag was for a evap coil and i said no thanks i'll just install the 60 for 6 system and move on with life.

My wife gripes about having to ride around in the heat i told her how much it would cost to fix it, then explained what the value of the XJ is... She said well we can't afford for you to have a new truck i said so we sit here in the heat.
man, being here in VA ac is worth its weight in gold though, granted RVA isnt as bad as some other places cause its all concrete so not as much humidity but damn

-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #1519
SDH
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Had an ice cold AC when I bought it last august when it first got warm I went to turn it on and got nothing.......so I just keep the windows down cause i'm too cheap to recharge it.
Red JEEP #501
SDH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #1520
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
man, being here in VA ac is worth its weight in gold though, granted RVA isnt as bad as some other places cause its all concrete so not as much humidity but damn

-matt
here in central KY the heat and humidity can be quite bad too but it has been really mild this summer.
Unread 08-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #1521
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
here in central KY the heat and humidity can be quite bad too but it has been really mild this summer.
it was mild here until the last couple of weeks, then it went through the roof.

-matt
Unread 08-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #1522
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
it was mild here until the last couple of weeks, then it went through the roof.

-matt
Yet i still have no ac and continue to drive it around.
Unread 08-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #1523
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I dont know what you people are complaining about my AC works great.
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #1524
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
KY is pretty bad.. I want to move to Colorado. It is soooooooooo beautiful, and they actually have winter there! 15 years in KY is enough for me, I need to go back west where I belong (i was born in Mt. Pleasant California) I have some family in Seattle, maybe i could move to Washington... Or I could fix my a/c... that wold be cheaper i bet.

You know you drive an XJ when you want to move across the country because the wheelin is better there. (among other reasons)
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #1525
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe it's just my Jeep, but I know I drive an XJ when I go out to the Jeep with intentions of doing something and 10 minutes later go back inside because whatever you wanted to do is going to turn into a giant project and end up costing way more than you wanted to spend.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #1526
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
KY is pretty bad.. I want to move to Colorado. It is soooooooooo beautiful, and they actually have winter there! 15 years in KY is enough for me, I need to go back west where I belong (i was born in Mt. Pleasant California) I have some family in Seattle, maybe i could move to Washington... Or I could fix my a/c... that wold be cheaper i bet.

You know you drive an XJ when you want to move across the country because the wheelin is better there. (among other reasons)
hells yes for colorado
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #1527
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

It takes a true man to drive around in a vehic with no AC the first two weeks of august in KY... J/K

you know when you drive an xj when you have two oil pressure gauges. One screwed to the top of the dash and one in the dash because the one in the dash decides when it does and does not want to work and after 4 oil pressure sensors you give and and just buy a secondary gauge.
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #1528
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEagan View Post
Maybe it's just my Jeep, but I know I drive an XJ when I go out to the Jeep with intentions of doing something and 10 minutes later go back inside because whatever you wanted to do is going to turn into a giant project and end up costing way more than you wanted to spend.
or when your planed project ends up running into other commitments so you have to relearn on the spot how to speed shower and then get to said commitment w/o speeding excessively

or when a bolt is totally stuck then once you attempt an aggressive extraction (drilling off head, preparing to drill out and retap, etc) it decides to come out finger loose after your almost there

-matt
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #1529
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

... when you go out to the garage that it's hiding in and just sit in it and go through an entire tube of Armor All glass wipes and an entire tube of the Armor All protectant wipes.

And you never moved from the driver's seat...

This may only apply to people that dug their XJ's out of the back of a wrecking yard and are trying to resurrect them from the dead.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #1530
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

when you fix something, then 3 days later something more expensive breaks.

a/c is kaput yet again.

screw this im going doorless.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.