you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #1501
Riverbanks
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I wonder if this has been mentioned yet:

When your center console lid falls off every time you open it!

Riverbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #1502
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmith View Post
You have a perfectly good A/C, but make the choice to just roll down all four windows instead.
Better yet, You had perfectly good A/C, but rolled all the windows down instead, then when you finally need the A/C because its like 100* and 200% humidity, it isn't good anymore..

My A/C is barely cutting it today, it is just powerful enough to keep me from sweating sitting in the sun. DAMN YOU HUMIDITY!!!
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #1503
Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Better yet, You had perfectly good A/C, but rolled all the windows down instead, then when you finally need the A/C because its like 100* and 200% humidity, it isn't good anymore..

My A/C is barely cutting it today, it is just powerful enough to keep me from sweating sitting in the sun. DAMN YOU HUMIDITY!!!
Ouch, here in Utah today we've got 27% humidity level. Love the hot and dry!

Maybe a freon recharge is in order?
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #1504
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Ouch, here in Utah today we've got 27% humidity level. Love the hot and dry!

Maybe a freon recharge is in order?
Indeed it is. It all leaked out last year, and then I recharged it, leaked out in a week (felt like I was ripped off because they said they detected no leak). It ran out on me in SC, HOT!! so I found a local place and he used a sniffer and found the leak in the dash. Some more freon and some Stop-Leak kept it working for lets see... 2 months now. It seems to not have changed, but is just not powerfull enough so I bet some freon leaked before the stop-leak conditioned the seals.. I think another dose and it will probably be good! Now if i could find an xtra $100... where did i put that genie bottle?
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #1505
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You have a perfectly good A/C, but make the choice to just roll down all four windows instead.
You have perfectly good AC?!?!?!?!?!? some one take a picture i'de like to see that.

Me and my two brothers all drive XJs 2 of which do not have functional AC.
mavrick480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #1506
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

you have welded atleast one thing back into place.
mavrick480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #1507
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick480 View Post
You have perfectly good AC?!?!?!?!?!? some one take a picture i'de like to see that.

Me and my two brothers all drive XJs 2 of which do not have functional AC.
Mines a 95 and the air is cold as a witches tit

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
xwildman138x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #1508
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick480 View Post
when you still own one even though the gov is willing to give you twice it's value...
I saw a cherokee sitting out front of a dealership with a cash for clunkers sign on it. I was at the coffee shop and we were talking about how I wanted to go in and give them cash for their clunker. Somebody chimed in and said "Oh if that was turned in as a clunker they put something in the gas tank and run it. The stuff seizes the motor as per the governments rules" my mouth dropped and I said "their gonna do that to that cherokee???" Then a single tear rolled down my face.

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
Unread 08-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #1509
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwildman138x View Post
I saw a cherokee sitting out front of a dealership with a cash for clunkers sign on it. I was at the coffee shop and we were talking about how I wanted to go in and give them cash for their clunker. Somebody chimed in and said "Oh if that was turned in as a clunker they put something in the gas tank and run it. The stuff seizes the motor as per the governments rules" my mouth dropped and I said "their gonna do that to that cherokee???" Then a single tear rolled down my face.
Actually, if you take a look at the numerous threads on the cash for clunkers program on the forum, you'll realize that the "liquid glass" they put in is actually in place of the oil. And there's youtube videos out there of an XJ lasting over 4 minutes like that. And a WJ with the 4.0 running at the rev limiter for over 7 minutes like that.

Stupid, stupid program. And there are still people on here that support our current government...
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #1510
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
HA, I was on my way home from work today and its about 95* and 50% humidity, and I was thinking I should post on this thread that even though my A/C works just fine I'm not using it, mostly to save gas, and well because I just like having the windows down.

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #1511
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbanks View Post
I wonder if this has been mentioned yet:

When your center console lid falls off every time you open it!
haha i actually just had to tighten mine today. I opened it and the screws were like 2 threads away from slipping out

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #1512
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
Actually, if you take a look at the numerous threads on the cash for clunkers program on the forum, you'll realize that the "liquid glass" they put in is actually in place of the oil. And there's youtube videos out there of an XJ lasting over 4 minutes like that. And a WJ with the 4.0 running at the rev limiter for over 7 minutes like that.

Stupid, stupid program. And there are still people on here that support our current government...
No way! I gotta check those vids out. Even when they put the poison in the jeep heart still runs strong!

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #1513
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwildman138x View Post
Mines a 95 and the air is cold as a witches tit
Guess I spoke too soon the air took a dump today. Should have knocked on wood.

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #1514
NiksXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonut13 View Post
you spend more money on the Jeep than the girlfriend/wife
Amen

Hoes!
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #1515
jeepestate
1999 XJ Cherokee 

When your buddy wants to get into wheel'n (after you show him whats up) so you try to convince him an XJ is the best choice... not for the simple fact that you love them for all the reasons we do, but you want him to be able to keep up with you on the trail!

CT JEEP MEMBER #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupitaboy View Post
You may very well be overqualified to change out your O2 sensor.
jeepestate is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.