you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 08-01-2009, 05:46 AM   #1486
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
try it going over a 12,000 foot mountain pass
Nice! Pushing the XJ to the limits and coming out on top!

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
xwildman138x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #1487
pentastar01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

When your Jeep can go through snow, rocks, mud, and anything in between but highway traffic scares the hell outta you.
Unread 08-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #1488
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastar01 View Post
When your Jeep can go through snow, rocks, mud, and anything in between but highway traffic scares the hell outta you.
I hear ya on that one... cant wait for my lift so i can drive over top of the stupid ones...

when you spend more money and time on the Jeep than you do on your own place

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #1489
Willy36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwildman138x View Post
Nice! Pushing the XJ to the limits and coming out on top!
that's what XJ's do
Willy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #1490
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

when you get xcited over having some xtra money in your bank account that wasnt sucked up but the gas tank.

when you have said money and look at what upgrades or parts you can get with it

Outlawed Offroad Forums

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #1491
wyojeep92
1999 XJ Cherokee 

everytime you start saving for upgrades, something else goes wrong with it and your savings is gone.

most recent i was starting to save up for a hNt and driveshaft and the o2 sensors went bad the day i had the money to order it.
1999 XJ 4.5 inch ZONE lift, trimmed front and back, 34 10.50 15 super swamper tsls, Adjustable IRO double shear track bar, Stainless steel woven brake lines, Bar pin eliminators, Cragar 15x8 4in back space soft 8s, discos, B&M transcooler and temp gauge, K&N intake
wyojeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #1492
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyojeep92 View Post
everytime you start saving for upgrades, something else goes wrong with it and your savings is gone.

most recent i was starting to save up for a hNt and driveshaft and the o2 sensors went bad the day i had the money to order it.
Know how you feel, the tranny went in my yj when I was driving home from work with the intent to order the lift kit as soon as I walked in the door.

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
Unread 08-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #1493
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

When you have more tools in your trunk than you do in your garage simply because you use them so often its easier to keep them back there.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #1494
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEagan View Post
When you have more tools in your trunk than you do in your garage simply because you use them so often its easier to keep them back there.
Yea, I know what you mean... I have just about every tool i need to take apart the XJ in the back of it

Outlawed Offroad Forums

Unread 08-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #1495
rdstngry
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyojeep92 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwildman138x View Post
Know how you feel, the tranny went in my yj when I was driving home from work with the intent to order the lift kit as soon as I walked in the door.
I can do ya one better,

My jeep was in the shop getting a few things I didn't have time to do myself done. Tues. morn. after labor day '07 iget to work and some of my tools were stolen in a break in. Thurs. morn. on My way to work I break a rod in my truck. Sat. afternoon while driving My jeep home from the shop the tranny goes out. All in the SAME 5 DAY PERIOD!!
While the tranny was under warranty, I still had spend money ment for the interior on rental car fot two weeks.
'90 Wagoneer limited, 4.0, Rusty's Air filtr Mount and K&N filter, 2.0"F 3.5"R, rancho rs 5000 F&R, 30" BFG AT, Eagle 058 15" inc spr, Comp cam, borla hdr, 2 stb 4 corbeau LG1 rcl bkt, dyno mat allover
rdstngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #1496
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstngry View Post
I can do ya one better,

My jeep was in the shop getting a few things I didn't have time to do myself done. Tues. morn. after labor day '07 iget to work and some of my tools were stolen in a break in. Thurs. morn. on My way to work I break a rod in my truck. Sat. afternoon while driving My jeep home from the shop the tranny goes out. All in the SAME 5 DAY PERIOD!!
While the tranny was under warranty, I still had spend money ment for the interior on rental car fot two weeks.
Damn dude thats pretty bad

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
Unread 08-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #1497
xwildman138x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You know you drive a xj when your pull up to a tricked out mustang at a light and when it turns green you launch off the line only to remember that you have all your welding stuff in the back including the welder, all your hand tools, and all your recovery gear. As he pulls away you yell "yeah but you can't change a motor out and make a bumper on the side of the road with what your carrying in your trunk.

Tire Carrier

Ma & Pa's Rig
Unread 08-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #1498
Mav-Jason
that one dude

1999 WJ 

when you have to climb over the console and get out of the passenger side door cause your driver side door is F*CK3D!!!
Mav-Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #1499
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

when you still own one even though the gov is willing to give you twice it's value...
mavrick480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #1500
Nick
2006 WK 

You have a perfectly good A/C, but make the choice to just roll down all four windows instead.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.