you know you drive an XJ when.. - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > you know you drive an XJ when..

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #136
jeeper01

When everyone on Jeepforum argues but in the end we all get along.

When your parents buy you tires and you go with the most aggressive tread you can find on an all-terrain even though you spend most of your time on the highway.

When you sit in the computer lab at school, trying to do homework, and realize you haven't checked the price of the lift-kit you wanted, jeepforum, naxja, or anything jeep related.

When you have a picture of your lifted Jeep beside your bed, and every night you pray that it will crank when you finally get home to see it.

When your girlfriend gets mad because of the previous statement.

When the only reason you have a digital camera is because you own a jeep.

I love my Jeeps

Unread 04-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #137
ripper37
1999 XJ Cherokee 

When your brake lights no longer work, but your running lights do, so after checking every fuse and pulling apart the interior to trace the apparent ground, knowing it can't be the bulbs, you find that somehow the demon possessing your jeep managed to blow both stop filaments at once
ripper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #138
thebigt
2005 WK 

this must be topped
(i would not trade my jeep for ANYTHING)

Last edited by thebigt; 04-17-2008 at 09:52 AM..
thebigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #139
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

you know you drive an XJ when you see the word cherokee written on the side .

when you drive the only jeep suv with coils and leafs

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #140
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

When you have a screwdriver as your door pin.
When you fart and you wish you had auto windows to roll them back up.
When you didn't get power anything because you knew it would break. (Chrysler lol)
When you steal tiny crap all the time from the junk yard because your poor and think it might have a use. (and then you lose it in your pockets)
When your hi lift rattles all around because your to lazy to mount it somewhere.
When you have NO engine coolant because your to busy paying attention to everything not as important.
When you wish you could win 100 dollars from the scratch off just to blow it on something on the jeep.
When you have 4 different tinted windows from people breaking into your jeep for your sweet sound system. (lol)
When your stock roof racks are rusted on.
When gorilla tape is everywhere.
When you gorilla tape windex inside your jeep so it doesn't leak everywhere and make your eyes burn for a week.
When your window is scratched to hell from all the dirt and rocks you kick up.
When you wash it then go get it dirty again within 6 hours.
When its TOO clean when its clean.
When you talk about jeeps so much your girlfriend starts to understand stuff. (my jeep illiterate girlfriend said this)
When you scream at people who don't have seat belts on because you never know when your gonna off road.
When your back windshield wiper fluid thing is broke and it pisses on cars behind you when you use it. (i love this HEHEEHEH)
When you spend hours of your time on this forum while making your girlfriend read this list.
When you would never get anything but another beat up jeep.

edit: When a P.O.S. blazer hits it and you dont even notice untill you see there lights all over the ground.(true story)
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar

Last edited by Jameslol; 04-17-2008 at 12:53 AM.. Reason: Forgot one.
Jameslol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #141
mca1977jpsnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameslol View Post

"When your back windshield wiper fluid thing is broke and it pisses on cars behind you when you use it. (i love this HEHEEHEH)"

When you would never get anything but another beat up jeep.
edit: When a P.O.S. blazer hits it and you dont even notice untill you see there lights all over the ground.(true story)
"" LMAO - still laughing...
When rear wiper that only wipes the bottom 1/2 of the rear window and cleans the cars hood behind you.
When You know it'll take a good 5 seconds of cranking before starting.
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #142
1RustyXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
You have a toolbox full of broken and beheaded TORX bits, and the other half of those torx bits are still stuck in your: (pick one or all) A) Seatbelt bolts B) Fender bolts C) Door hinge bolts....etc, etc.

You know EXACTLY which size TORX bit you need for every repair on your Jeep, and EXACTLY how many turns it will make before it breaks off inside either the jeep or inside the TORX head. You are intimate with your sawzall and hacksaw.

You keep a spare CPS, TPS, and a quart of oil in your road kit.

You have cut a hole in your unibody to grasp a broken, spinning weldnut. ( Rear leaf spring nuts, transfer case nuts, upper shock mount nuts, rear hitch nuts.....etcetera.)

Your knuckles are permanentley scarred, scraped, bloody and bruised.

You always scream: "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" for 3 days after any road trip in your XJ, due to being deafened by the road noise, the flowmaster 40 series, the orchestra of squeaks, bangs and rattles, and the stereo that you had cranked to drown them all out.

You are on a first-name basis with your chiropractor due to the ride quality of your XJ.

Your XJ sags in the back....... until you lift it, then it leans to one side.

A conversation that looks like THIS actually makes sense to you: "I cant decide If I will need an SYE with my BB. Maybe an OME AAL and spacers? Should I just do an S-10 bastard-pack? Will my DS be long enough? Will I need new LCAs? how about UCA's? Should I get a JKS or RE track bar? Do I need DISCOs? What about my TRE's?......."........and you actually know how to answer this question.

People mistake your XJ for the UPS truck when they hear it.

There are so many XJs with black rims that non-jeep people actually think they are factory jeep wheels and give you compliments on your stock factory steelies. ("Where'd you get those fly rimz? They are fat, dog!).

Any XJ part that you try to sell on JeepForum sits unsold forever...... unless its a D44. Then you recieve ALL 20 allowable PMs in under 5 minutes.

Your Chilton's manual has more grease and oil stains on it that your oilpan.

You realize you have more money in new parts, upgrades and mods than your Jeep will ever be worth....and you dont care.

98.7 percent of the contents of any puddle or mud hole ends up on your windshield (instead of UNDER the Jeep where it's supposed to go) before it lands anywhere else.

You are the VERY FIRST person to lock into 4WD if there is even a HINT of moisture in the forecast, because if you dont, your rear tires will spin hopelessly at the slightest hint of throttle input.

You lay awake in bed at night thinking of ways to make your Jeep more awesome.

You have gone to work tired the next day because you stayed awake all night checking out other people's rigs on NAXJA, JeepForum, and Pirate.com all night.

You wave at other "real" Jeep people (CJ, TJ, etc) and they give you the finger in return.

You begin to yawn when you hear the "It-doesnt-have-a-frame,-therefore-its-not-a-real jeep" argument again and again.

"Performance upgrades" are basically limited to boring your throttle body and putting on a loud muffler.

You dream of building a stroker motor. You know which engines to look for to score primo stroker parts in the junkyard.

The sight of rare factory options (Skid plates, tow hooks, overhead console, rust-free floorpans, etc) gives you a raging woodie.

You have had a 4-hour argument over which year XJ is the best with other XJ owners, .......and no one won.

Your passenger's side carpet is permanently saturated with several dozen cups of coffee; your clip-on cup holder spends most of it's life laying down there anyway. (84-96 owners only.)

You wonder what that greasy film is that is always on the outside of your windshield.

You watch your temperature guage more than you watch the road. You feel that 210 degrees is too hot for ANY vehicle to run, yet your XJ seems to run best there. But not a single degree over that........

You are constantly looking for new ways to direct cool air under your hood; you look at any vehicle with hood vents or scoops and try to imagine how they would look on your XJ.

People sit down in your XJ and say: "HOLY SH*T! Is that for real?" when they see how many miles are on it.

If it stops squeaking or rattling, that means its broken.

You carry a spare change of underwear in case you have to make a panic stop.

Your spare tool road kit is almost as complete as the one in your garage.

You leave your Jeep unlocked and park anywhere you want because you know no one will try to steal it, nor do you give a flying rats butt if it gets scratched or dented.

No matter what you do to improve your XJ, everyone else's seem to looks better than yours, at least in your own eyes.

2 door guys wonder how anyone over 3 foot 6 inches tall manages to fit in a 4 door XJ. 4 door guys wonder why anyone would want a 2 door XJ.

You know the usual spots to look for rust in an XJ, and are surprised when you see an XJ without any rust on it.

The front seats are ALWAYS uncomfortable for the first 10,000 miles until they start to sag and break down in the shape of your own butt. Then they are comfortable only to you.

You can smoke a 31 inch tire from a 15 MPH roll and impress your friends, ......but you still cant get it much over 75 MPH.

You watch a 36-page thread occur bi-monthly on JeepForum.com turn into a vicious argument on "WHICH OIL SHOULD I USE?".....and wonder why the DMF didnt just use what is stamped PLAINLY on the oil filler cap and TWICE in the owner's manual.

You have changed every sensor, ignition component and filter at least TWICE and your idle quality STILL sucks.

Your drivetrain has ungodly amounts of miles on it, yet it starts and runs flawlessly evertime.

You see an ancient XJ with enormous rust holes, puking coolant, oil and smoke everywhere, sagging in the middle, sputtering along and dragging its tailpipe down the highway ........and you begin to wonder if they ever really die.

You are PROUD of how many miles are on your XJ until you see an XJ with an odometer that reads a half-million miles, and the guy tells you that your XJ is still just a baby.
I vote POST OF THE YEAR. Awesome!
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #143
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

when you want to do so much to it but always get the feeling that as soon as you empty your wallet to modify it, itll break somehow (i really hope this dont happen to me)
Unread 04-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #144
bushytails

When you try to think of problems your jeep has had to add to a "you know you drive an XJ when..." thread, and realize that every single problem you've had is already on the list.

--Bushytails
bushytails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #145
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

"You are PROUD of how many miles are on your XJ until you see an XJ with an odometer that reads a half-million miles, and the guy tells you that your XJ is still just a baby."

That one is So True...
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #146
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

...You herculine/rhinoline everything yourself because paying a shop to line everything you want covered would cost well over $1500....

...Everytime you drive up onto something (rock/curb/ramps) you have to jump out and run around the heep to check out the badass articulation...

...When you say to yourself, "Swaybars? I dont need no stinkin' swaybars..."

...When you crush your dad's fender and sidestep on his 2wd expedition thinking it can climb the tree in your front yard just as well as your heep...
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #147
scotch
1996 XJ Cherokee 

... when 3ft of water doesn't scare you at all, but a crosswind on the freeway does.
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #148
Telven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameslol View Post
You watch your temperature guage more than you watch the road. You feel that 210 degrees is too hot for ANY vehicle to run, yet your XJ seems to run best there. But not a single degree over that........
I told my wife once "When you're driving, make sure you check the temp gauge every time you check your speedometer"
Telven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #149
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

when you spend more money on gas then on lunch
Unread 04-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #150
injeep1day
1996 XJ Cherokee 

When you park in the grass because you don't want oil spots on your driveway.

2005 Honda CR-V AWD - My daily driver
injeep1day is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.