yes, another whats it worth thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > yes, another whats it worth thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

yes, another whats it worth thread

I really do not want to do this, but I think it may be time to send my first XJ down the road.

It's a 1992 Cherokee Laredo 2 door automatic 4.0l
197k on the body
Around 65k on the motor (transmission was gone through when the motor was replaced)
32x11.50x15 M/t's
Cragar Soft 8 15x8 wheels
Rough Copuntry Shocks and stabilizer (2,000 miles)
Pro Comp 3.5" leaf packs (2,000 miles)
Tuff Country Easy Ride 3.5" Coils (2,000 miles)
Fat Bob's Grage Lower Control Arms (1,500 miles)
JCR Stage 1 Front Bumper
JCR Stage 2 Rear Bumper
Trimmed Front Fenders
Cut and Folded Rear Fenders
Cut and Folded Lower Quarter panels
New floorboards (all 16 ga. steel) floors were rusty before I replaced them about 8 months ago, but rockers and everything else is solid
Bedlined Rockers and edges of fenders

The only thing this will need is a right front wheel bearing pretty soon. It has some play, but is still completely driveable.

There's quite a bit of other little things, but that's the major stuff. Just wondering what I could get out of it. I've noticed the price of xj's in my area has sky rocketed! For instance, an 01 with 150k for $6100, a 1996 with 140k for $4000. I'm just wondering what I could get out of this right now, like I said I dont really want to sell it, but for the right price everything is for sale.

Last edited by Howard92XJ; 03-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: added pics
Howard92XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
imthehink
2005 WK 

I would start at 5k and see where it goes, always ask higher than what you want cause someone might pay it. It really is worth what anyone is willing to pay though. I would offer you 3500. Sure it is worth more seeing what you have into it, but you have a 92 XJ and that's what most people are going to look at. If someone is looking for what you have, I don't think you would have a problem getting somewhere in the 4k range. This is why I will never sell mine lol, I'd be lucky to get 3.5-4k. I paid 5,500 in 04 and have right around 3.5k in receipts and it only has 151k. Hope you get what you want Good Luck with the sale.
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
K-R
1998 XJ Cherokee 

my XJ was worth about $1500 when i bought it. since then i have probably poured $5000-$7000 into it: lift, wheels, tires, roof rack, lights, tinting, mats, intake, TB, injectors, radiator, radiator, radio, speakers, air conditioner, air conditioner, rear main seal, etc, etc, etc, etc, and now, from what i can tell, it's its worth $1500....
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-R View Post
my XJ was worth about $1500 when i bought it. since then i have probably poured $5000-$7000 into it: lift, wheels, tires, roof rack, lights, tinting, mats, intake, TB, injectors, radiator, radiator, radio, speakers, air conditioner, air conditioner, rear main seal, etc, etc, etc, etc, and now, from what i can tell, it's its worth $1500....
I'd think it's worth a little more than I paid for it. Considering how much the price of xj's has gone up and the work i've put into it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.