yahoo article with first post about xj's. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > yahoo article with first post about xj's.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

yahoo article with first post about xj's.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-unlik...234855738.html

Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I can't believe they put the Oldsmobile Aurora on there. Those things were pieces of **** and an absolute nightmare to do any sort of motor work on.
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

i find it funny they pt the xj on there for unibody
Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
I can't believe they put the Oldsmobile Aurora on there. Those things were pieces of **** and an absolute nightmare to do any sort of motor work on.
It wasn't meant to be a list of awesome vehicles, and neither its quality nor its motor were reasons for why the author included it in the list.

Having previously owned a Northstar-powered Caddy (the Aurora had the "Ministar," the little brother/sister of the Northstar), I understand what you mean about nightmarish engine work, but I have a very healthy respect for the Northstar nonetheless for a variety of other reasons beyond user friendliness.

In the end, it's just another random internet "List of X Things that Something" meant as a fluff piece to generate hits; these things rarely have authors that really know about the topic nor give a damn. Nothing to see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick05 View Post
i find it funny they pt the xj on there for unibody
What's so funny?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.