Xtreme offroad XJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Xtreme offroad XJ build

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thought you guys would like to hear what's coming up.

First a little background, as some of you may know while I was deployed I had a shop doing a one ton swap and custom suspension. Well they messed it up so bad I ended up scrapping the jeep and parting it out.

Well pirate 4x4 members got a hold of Ian Johnson an he stepped up in a huge way to help me out. For those of who who may not recognize the name he is the host of Xtreme 4x4 on spike tv, which is now called Xtreme Offroad on spike, CBS sports and NBC sports.

Well I got a nice 98 xj and dropped it off to him. He should be starting the build in march, and last I heard it should be airing on the show.

I'll update as it was closer.

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

No ****? Ian is building your rig? Only thing I can think of that would be coolet than that would be if he were doing it for free and letting you work side by side with him on it
Too freakin cool man. Can't wait to see the updates.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
NewJeeperFL

Sorry to hear about your Jeep but awesome news for the new one! Looking forward to updates! Thanks for your service!
NewJeeperFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
No ****? Ian is building your rig? Only thing I can think of that would be coolet than that would be if he were doing it for free and letting you work side by side with him on it
Too freakin cool man. Can't wait to see the updates.
That's why I started a thread. I figured you guys would be interested to see this xj build and I knew I'd forget when it came closer. Now ill see this on my feed and remember to update you. Not sure what he has planed but he says its gunna be really nice an I don't doubt that one bit Basically I bought the xj and delivered it to him, parts and such are sponsored.

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

You lucky bastard!
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
You lucky bastard!
Bad luck turned too very good luck

You wheel at Rausch creek? It'll be there alot when it's done

Unread 01-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Thaf's the plan. I have to get it back on the toad first though
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Still got that 5.9 Durango? Trailer it.

Unread 01-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Nope. . . Wish I did, because that's exactly what I would be doing. It was either sell that or the Jeep though, do I sold the Durango and bought a Dodge Caliber for my DD for better gas mileage.
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well if your jeep don't get in the road for some reason you can always ride along.

Unread 01-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #11
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Just finishing up some odds and ends. Need to finish my tube flares, so I'm legal. Just picked up some 6.5" Rusty's leaf springs I might install tomorrow too. XMAS present to myself. Then it'll just take some tweaking here and there to finish it up, get it inspected, and FINALLY get to drive the f'er again.
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

So will it get a Rustys lift like every other Jeep they build ?

I'm kind of jealous of the free parts !
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #13
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That's really cool, I DVR that show all the time. He's built quite a few WJ & XJ's and they always come out awesome.

As noted above you can expect a Rusty's lift, ARB lockers an some armor. And most of his builds get a min.33" tire.

I'll be watching for it.

Thanks for your service!
caronaxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:50 PM   #14
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronaxtr View Post
That's really cool, I DVR that show all the time. He's built quite a few WJ & XJ's and they always come out awesome.

As noted above you can expect a Rusty's lift, ARB lockers an some armor. And most of his builds get a min.33" tire.

I'll be watching for it.

Thanks for your service!
He asked me what tire size I was shooting for, my reply was I was originally planning on 39.5, I also dropped off a set of Dana 60s and a extreme duty hydro assist kit that I had from the jeep that got ruined
Now I don't know what all he will use, the axles are fine but the bracketry from the other shop sucked!

Unread 01-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

This sounds awesome especially with those tires!
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.