XJ wheeling pics - Page 284 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ wheeling pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #4246
BGDG280
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Thornville, Ohio, Ohio
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3000 View Post
was that worth the time it took to clean up?
Well, no, not so much.....ah helllll who am I kidding!! WORTH EVERY SECOND!!!

__________________
91 XJ, Yellow, Dirty ALOT, 34 x 10.50 x 15 Super Swampers. Looking for Trails and Off Road fun!
95 XJ 2 Door 5 spd, 2" lift, 31 x 11.50 x 15 Super Swampers....this thing is a bada** for being nearly stock!
BGDG280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #4247
JeepSpeed18
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boise, ID for now
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
Im just used to this kind of stuff I guess, but it was a beautiful view!


The trail started in the hoodoo ski area on top of the santiam pass, about 80 miles from albany, or 20 miles from sisters which is where Im livig for the summer

Smart one you are
Dude I was just in Sisters this weekend. Highway 242 is an amzing drive if you haven't done it yet.
__________________
_=====ooooo
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #4248
Max713
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Albany OR
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSpeed18 View Post
Dude I was just in Sisters this weekend. Highway 242 is an amzing drive if you haven't done it yet.

Hwy 242 is incredible, especially in my old 300whp subaru... miss that car

if you're ever in sisters again, Im nearly always down to wheel, pm me for a phone number next time!
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #4249
acadianxj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bathurst,CAN
Posts: 41
Oups! Thin ice...



__________________
OIIIIO
acadianxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #4250
JeepSpeed18
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boise, ID for now
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
Hwy 242 is incredible, especially in my old 300whp subaru... miss that car

if you're ever in sisters again, Im nearly always down to wheel, pm me for a phone number next time!
Thats amazing! I was doing 45 through the curves in the Jeep with no sway bar. It was terrifying and awesome. I skid a few of the turns.
__________________
_=====ooooo
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #4251
Max713
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Albany OR
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSpeed18 View Post
Thats amazing! I was doing 45 through the curves in the Jeep with no sway bar. It was terrifying and awesome. I skid a few of the turns.
Ya, there were very few I couldn't scare to the point of wetting themselves on that road

Here's a few more from the trail:



You can see part of the trail in the lower left of this shot

Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #4252
98CherokeeLTD
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easton, PA, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianxj View Post
Oups! Thin ice...



good thing ya had a lot of lift and big tires or else ya woulda been really cold and wet
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by -XJguy- View Post
Damn pesky trees always jumping out into the middle of the road without looking.
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #4253
SnowYJ
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OR
Posts: 1,058
Dude you're really missin out not bein in Albany. What do you do durin the summer?
__________________
I go to college and I drive a Jeep.
SnowYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #4254
cherokee242
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New-Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
good thing ya had a lot of lift and big tires or else ya woulda been really cold and wet
them crazy Canadian eh? wait what...
__________________
This is the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything.
cherokee242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #4255
Curt41
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
Ya, there were very few I couldn't scare to the point of wetting themselves on that road

Here's a few more from the trail:



You can see part of the trail in the lower left of this shot

Is that Mt. Reineer back there? I only ask because I spent a few months training out at Ft. Lewis and that looks a lot like it.
__________________
Curtis

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #4256
YOTaxi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: maple valley Wa
Posts: 11
99 Cherokee Sport - Bone stock bought for $100 had a cracked piston. Replaced the engine and driving it finally after 6 months of slowly working on it.

more pics to come later

YOTaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 02:07 AM   #4257
Max713
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Albany OR
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt41 View Post
Is that Mt. Reineer back there? I only ask because I spent a few months training out at Ft. Lewis and that looks a lot like it.
I have no idea, still trying to figure out which mountain that is and I live here
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #4258
acadianxj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bathurst,CAN
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee242 View Post
them crazy Canadian eh? wait what...
Hey! where are from???

Quote:
good thing ya had a lot of lift and big tires or else ya woulda been really cold and wet
My buddy tried the same hole. He has 8'' of lift and 36'' with ARB's. Took two winches to pull him out, it was always diving under the ice.







__________________
OIIIIO
acadianxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #4259
chris87xj
Jeepaholic
 
chris87xj's Avatar
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 6,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianxj View Post

My buddy tried the same hole. He has 8'' of lift and 36'' with ARB's. Took two winches to pull him out, it was always diving under the ice.



Nice XJ. Get him a clevis for the bumper for Christmas.
__________________
***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #4260
1jeep
Registered User
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTaxi View Post
99 Cherokee Sport - Bone stock bought for $100 had a cracked piston. Replaced the engine and driving it finally after 6 months of slowly working on it.

more pics to come later

WOW! I wished I could find deals like that. Looks great.
1jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.