Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

XJ vs XC (ME) vs (WIFE)

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  bbjsw10 
#1 ·
So my wife thinks she can go more places off-road than me...

What do you guys think?

1999 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 4.0L vs 2010 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD

4.0L I-6 vs 3.0L I-6 TwinScrew Turbo Charged

190 hp @ 4750 rpm vs 281 hp @ 5600 rpm

225 lb-ft @ 3,000rpm vs 295 lb-ft @ 1500-4800 rpm (Flat Torque Curve)

4 Speed Auto vs 6 Speed Auto w/ Tiptronic

4-Lo vs Hill Descent Control

8.3" GC @ Lowest Point vs 10.1" GC @ Lowest

101.4" Wheel Base vs 108.2" Wheel Base

3,386 lbs vs 4,225 lbs

26" Tires on 15" Wheels vs 29" Tires on 18" Wheels

136,005 miles vs 3,306 miles

ding, ding!!! :fight:

oh yea - $3,300 vs $42,190

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think she would win.....not because her vehicle is a better 4x4 (because it's not)....but because WOMEN don't give a **** about damage and will blast up, over, through or a combination of all of them just to prove you wrong.

The End.

:cheers2::teehee:

#21 ·
I think she would win.....not because her vehicle is a better 4x4 (because it's not)....but because WOMEN don't give a phuk about damage and will blast up, over, through or a combination of all of them just to prove you wrong.

The End.

:cheers2::teehee:
This man has a point, the fastest vehicle at the last competition I went to was a woman driving and her husband spotting. He really wasn't spotting, just running infront of the buggy on the line he wanted her to take, while trying not to get run over.

There is a reason I don't stand in the way of any vehicle my wife is in. :rtft:

#5 ·
why do you have 26" tires, stock is like 28...

you can go more places.. for what it cost her, you can go till the axles fall off, and then call a bunch of tow trucks to get you to wherever she made it to, and beyond..

seriously though, no way she is beating a stock xj with a good driver (assuming you can drive..) unless she is brilliant.

#8 ·
I shut her up real quick... I said lets have a tug'o'war back to back with a chain on pavement... My TRUCK vs her XC60

730 lb-ft of Torque vs 295 lb-ft of Torque

8,020 lbs vs 4,225 lbs

:rtft:

#9 ·
whats her lowest point in the center of the vehicle (not the pumpkin), basically where would you high center? You should dump $40K into your Jeep to even things up a bit. I still think you got her, you have a better approach angle, comparable break-over angle, and better departure angle. Stock your Jeep had a more agressive tire than she did. Your Jeep was designed to be an offroad vehicle. Her Volvo was designed to get grocery's and pick up the kids from soccer practice. If its a race on a gravel road, she'll win. If its an all out trek in the woods I think you'd have it.

The Volvo

OFF-ROAD CAPABILITY*

• Approach angle: 22 deg
  • Ground clearance (min): 231mm (9.1")
  • Departure angle: 27 deg
  • Ramp breakover angle: 22 deg

#18 ·
This isn't ford vs. volvo, this is jeep vs. volvo. Back on topic! :)

OP, how did you end up with 26 inch tires, and how are your diffs not sitting on the ground?

Anyone know how a decent TCS with AWD would compare to front and rear lockers for off road?

#19 ·
I have had this conversation with my wife regarding her KK vs my XJ.

I know I could out perform her for several reasons - first of all I am not afraid to beat the crap out of mine, she's still making payments and has L.O.F.T. (lack of freaking talent) and usually she'll end it with - why would I want to anyways? I grew up during highschool.

I should make her trade the Lib for a RAV4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.