Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

XJ vs Pathfinder

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  KevinM90 
#1 ·
Hey guys my neighbor has a pathy that he think could beat a jeep in the mud! Anyone care to elaborate on why he is wrong! Pics help :2thumbsup:

#6 ·
well i would say to end the debate.. solid front axle... but in mud, that is really going to depend on the size and type of tire you are running compared to him... so make sure you have a mud tire and you should be ok... but if you are crawling over stuff... you will go further stock than him if he was lifted

#9 ·
Before I say this, I will note that I love my XJ and the thing just crawls through mud no problem.
That website doesnt really prove anything. For it to actually be a XJ" vs. pathfinder" I would like to see that XJ make it through the mud holes that the pathfinder went in to, and im pretty sure that they would both get just as stuck in something like that. The videos with that XJ is a stream crossing with less than a foot of water and the first one looks to be a solid bottom puddle..almost makes the xj look weak for driving through the tiny stuff.

That being said, I have pulled out a Pathfinder before, while i was already in the deeper half of the mud. better tires / more clearance / hp to clean the tires out usually helps IMO.

#8 ·
does this really need explaining ive had 2 buddies who finally came to their senses and traded there pathys for cherokees after bein pulled out by my jeep one too many times.....and this was when i was stock and runnin cheapo all terrains and the pathys were both runnin 31" BFG A/T

even better just go show em up.....if he beats you however you should just sell the cherokee cause you got the wrong hobby:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.