XJ performance packages - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ performance packages

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

XJ performance packages

i was looking at this kit on rusty's offroad: http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-pe...e-package.html
i was wondering if anybody has had experience with any of these products or anything similar, or if anybody had some feedback on what are good performance mods for the 4.0's or where to get packages like this that will save some money. I was leaning towards the flowmaster 50 option with this kit.

mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I dont believe in throttle body spacers... however air intake and exhaust always free up some HP nothing drastic though. I dont feel its enough gain to drop 500 bux!
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

That's actually a damn good deal considering the throttle body and spacer alone run about $450.
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The Cherokee 4.0L is old school and responds well to the usual hot-rodding upgrades. Unless you have significant internal modifications, a 62mm Throttle Body is a waste of money. TB spacers are also a waste of money.

Start with a cat-back exhaust and a K&N type filter. If you like the results, have your stock Throttle Body bored out to 60mm. That should cost you about $75-100. Next, install a performance exhaust manifold.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ya that's what I was thinking. That exhaust will run $150, $250 for the tb $50 for the spacer and like $50 for that cheap little intake and filter so it doesn't really save a ton but the package is convienent I guess
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

And really? Ive heard 62mm tb is a great mod to do along with just an exhaust and intake
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchconley
And really? Ive heard 62mm tb is a great mod to do along with just an exhaust and intake
62mm tb won't let any more air in that a 60mm tb. Just for the fact the opening on the intake is 60mm

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So what's big deal with them? Idk just from reading reviews online they seem decent. Same thing with the tbs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.