XJ paint on a 2001 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ paint on a 2001

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 03-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

XJ paint on a 2001

Anyone had the paint crack, and rust, off of their xj?
The roof of my car is rusted so bad I don't know what to do about it. Now the hood is showing the same checking/cracks!

Just asking, as I guess I have to repaint the entire car to match the cobalt blue metallic color, and THAT ain't cheap!!
First quote is $2500, and THAT just is not in my SSI income budget.
Guess I may have to just paint it with "Rattle Cans", and try to keep it from rusting completely through.
It is the Wife's DD, so laying up the car is going to be tough.
Who say's retired is going to be easy is smokin something.

slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Paint issues are common on the XJ roof. Round rust puckers that spread, and cracking is probably from painting prep errors or paint application problems at the factory. Hoods also suffer from cracking issues. Rusting at the upper corners of the windshield is also common. Depending on your budget and the final paint result desired, there are different solutions. You basic solution id to mechanically sand off the rust and apply some paint. Brush, roll, or spray.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.