XJ owners are friendly, JK owners are not... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ owners are friendly, JK owners are not...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
XJNUTTIER
1998 XJ Cherokee 

XJ owners are friendly, JK owners are not...

I have to admit I love my Jeeps, LOL ... who doesn't!!!! But one thing i have noticed since we got my wife her new JK, and get rid of the old TJ. The JK owners aer not as nice as the XJ owners, I mean I go onto their forum, and it is always someone being nasty about something, and you guys here are like buds I have know my whole life. LOL Is it just me? I wave to other Jeep owners when I am driving the JK, and I hardly ever get a wave back, and I wave driving the XJ and do it to any modded Jeep and they are all waving back? LOL have any of guys noticed this behavior?

XJNUTTIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
wehr31
1992 XJ Cherokee 

thats because the new jeeps arent jeep. 4 door was the worst thing jeep ever did
wehr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
voodo3184
1987 XJ Cherokee 

we xj owners have to stick together, imo other jeepers look down on the xj until we pull them out on the trail. but that's just the impression i get anyway. XJ's forever!

http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/voodo3184/
voodo3184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
1997XJCherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Xj Ftw!!!!!!!
1997XJCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
XJNUTTIER
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehr31 View Post
thats because the new jeeps arent jeep. 4 door was the worst thing jeep ever did
LOL, I have a JK and it is all Jeep and then some.. so let's not go down that alley... but the people who won them are not the traditional Jeep people whatsoever... I love the 4 doors for our little guy and that is our "family car" LOL it is much better than my folks old 83 Chevy Malibu I used to get taxi'd in around when I was a kid....LOL
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
XJNUTTIER
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodo3184 View Post
we xj owners have to stick together, imo other jeepers look down on the xj until we pull them out on the trail. but that's just the impression i get anyway. XJ's forever!
and usually i do better than the wranglers when we are on the trails, I think the XJ is a better offroader IMO....
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
voodo3184
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNUTTIER View Post
and usually i do better than the wranglers when we are on the trails, I think the XJ is a better offroader IMO....
i have to pull my dads wrangler out all the time he gets mad and says "i'm gettin rid of this yj and buying and xj"

Unread 01-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
1997XJCherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

lol like I said. XJ FTW!
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
XJNUTTIER
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997XJCherokee View Post
lol like I said. XJ FTW!

LOL we must be the smarter ones...and the XJ's are always cheaper to buy, go figure? LOL
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
voodo3184
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
LOL we must be the smarter ones...and the XJ's are always cheaper to buy, go figure? LOL
and to fix and to lift.... i see a pattern here

Unread 01-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
rworks

I've seen that with other Jeeps too. My MJ gets the wave from guys driving older XJs, but not the newer XJs or Wranglers, etc.

I've noticed this with Harley riders as well. They'll throw a sign at fellow Harleys, but if a Honda guy throws a sign they usually ignore them.

Its all part of being in a group. My group is cool. Yours sucks.
rworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
1997XJCherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

lol. nope XJ owner for life!
Unread 01-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #13
wehr31
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
LOL, I have a JK and it is all Jeep and then some.. so let's not go down that alley... but the people who won them are not the traditional Jeep people whatsoever... I love the 4 doors for our little guy and that is our "family car" LOL it is much better than my folks old 83 Chevy Malibu I used to get taxi'd in around when I was a kid....LOL
hey your right the jk is more a "family car". its just ill be driving down the road in my dads yj give them a wave and they look at me like im weird. but more people are buying them because it has more room then the old wranglers so there not normal jeepers.
wehr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
XJNUTTIER
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehr31 View Post
hey your right the jk is more a "family car". its just ill be driving down the road in my dads yj give them a wave and they look at me like im weird. but more people are buying them because it has more room then the old wranglers so there not normal jeepers.

LOL I sell Jeeps for a living, and LOL they are not the atypical Jeep buyers, to say the least. I actually can't stand dealing with a good protion of them.. LOL. The really sucky part is, I rarely get to really talk about a Jeep for what a Jeep can do. You know I can talk about ABS, and rear DVD, and so on.. But I want to talk about lockers and Dana 44's and lifts, and the rubicon trail and so on.. LOL I can affirm the buyers for sure.. LOL, I actually sold Xj's new too, I am showing my age now. I drive the JK down the road, and the fellow JK'ers don't even wave, THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE, I beleive. I can get a few TJ guys to wave, and some YJ's. I wave to them all. The Harley thing too, I used to ride a crotch rocket and most of them would wave, and a few of them would star to wave and realized it was a rice rocket, and pull the hand down quick, I used to laugh my *** off...

the only ppl who wave to me in the XJ, are of course fellow XJ'ers, and other lifted Jeep models, but not always, and for the most part I have to initiate it...here is my wave to all you guys...LOL
Unread 01-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
TwistedcaB-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i hardley ever get a wave from JK people and NEVER from women jeep drivers... but i have to admit there are a coupleMODED 4door JK's that i would trade my XJ for...
TwistedcaB- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.