Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

XJ owners are friendly, JK owners are not...

4K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  jpg0511 
#1 ·
I have to admit I love my Jeeps, LOL ... who doesn't!!!! But one thing i have noticed since we got my wife her new JK, and get rid of the old TJ. The JK owners aer not as nice as the XJ owners, I mean I go onto their forum, and it is always someone being nasty about something, and you guys here are like buds I have know my whole life. LOL Is it just me? I wave to other Jeep owners when I am driving the JK, and I hardly ever get a wave back, and I wave driving the XJ and do it to any modded Jeep and they are all waving back? LOL have any of guys noticed this behavior?

#5 ·
LOL, I have a JK and it is all Jeep and then some.. so let's not go down that alley... but the people who won them are not the traditional Jeep people whatsoever... I love the 4 doors for our little guy and that is our "family car" LOL it is much better than my folks old 83 Chevy Malibu I used to get taxi'd in around when I was a kid....LOL

#11 ·
I've seen that with other Jeeps too. My MJ gets the wave from guys driving older XJs, but not the newer XJs or Wranglers, etc.

I've noticed this with Harley riders as well. They'll throw a sign at fellow Harleys, but if a Honda guy throws a sign they usually ignore them.

Its all part of being in a group. My group is cool. Yours sucks.

#19 ·
Hahaha for real, I ride an old Honda CB750 Supersport, big round headlight up front, barley remebles today's sportbikes. I'll start to get the wave and the some guy on a harley will retract on it, but I always get waves from the older guys on gold wings because they know my bike is a classic.....anywho XJ FTW...

#15 ·
yeah i hardley ever get a wave from JK people and NEVER from women jeep drivers... but i have to admit there are a coupleMODED 4door JK's that i would trade my XJ for...

#17 ·
LOL, because XJ owners have to work harder to make great rigs, unlike wranglers, which you can by anything you want, we need to ban to gether for ideas, trail rides, parts, drinking buddies etc.. I alwasy have a ton of XJ owners that are stock, ask me how to make there Jeep look like mine, I look right at them and smile and say time and money...LOL, and a lot of busted knuckles...:cheers2:

#20 ·
XJNUTTIER its not just you. noticed the same thing in here. could it be that people who buy an XJ do so for its Jeep-ness instead of because so-n-so bought an SUV so i need one to drive to the mall and be unique just like everyone else, and mine needs a cooled glovebox and heated seats and ......:cool: oh yeah, i hope it doesn't rain 'cuz those big dumb tires get it all dirty :confused: or maybe we're all just rednecks:shhh:

#27 ·
LOL, I think from what I am reading it is everywhere..LOL, I am kinda redneck, well really hillbilly, BUT i feel ya, the people I sell them to, are really far from folsk I would normally hang out with..LOL BUT also I have one, so what does that make me?

#21 ·
hmm..not sure bout it but when winter beats hard and see another jeep dude i flash me lights in sign of respect,many a time i get a flash back.except if its those little toy ones..yj?

#24 ·
Interesting stuff. I'm still learning about the XJ world and really hope there's a tight community like I saw when in my old CJ. Well I spent a year in a 4 door JK and the folks at JK-forum.com have a huge thread about how other Jeepers won't give them the wave. They can't understand why all the other Jeepers won't recognize them as Jeepers.

I agree the JK's attracting non-Jeeperesque owners because it offers things that other Jeeps haven't in the recent past. They are all over the JK forums trying to learn (which is great). But remember, when the XJ came out, it too was looked at as a toy soccer-mom mobile. "Real" Jeepers know now. CJ-5 owners baulked at the new CJ-7, CJ-7 owners baulked at the YJs, etc.

I have to admit my stock JK with a 2.5" BB and 32s did much better going up Twin Cone trail's big hill than the lifted TJ with 33's ahead of me. Of course, I did drag the belly a couple of times.

Anyway, I'm getting the wave again now that I'm in the XJ and I missed it.

#28 ·
VERY TRUE, I think it may have to do with being outdone..LOL I mean think about it, the new ones always get the attention adn we sit there with our old ones, knowing how great our Jeeps are, How could they change our precious Jeep. LOL i have been there thru the fullsize to XJ, from the 5 to the 7 to the YJ to the TJ and now the JK... and you are right and definatley onto something..LOL I Dont knock any Jeeper, they are all Jeepers, they bought into this mentality at some level, whether just to own one or to go rock crawling, they are all Jeepers... I find that any Jeep for the most part that has been modded will wave, but we could also stop and talk for hours about each others Jeeps, so we have that common ground.. I think the new JKers are in a phase right now, just like the hummer it is the must have SUV. I beleive as the years go on they will be normal Jeepers like the rest of us..LOL

I have yet to run the JK offroad, LOL it is the wifes, but I think that thing would really rock.. and it is lifted 4 inches and 35's so I dont think high center would be an issue for me..LOL but the trails my XJ manuevers, may be a tad tight for the JK. The JK is HUGE....:cheers:

#34 ·
I feel the pain...I was out testin my new setup on the trail rig today and came across a stock JK rubicon and being a fellow jeeper i asked him if there was anything i could do...I havent ever gotten a cold shoulder as bad as i got from that guy...the new guys just don't understand

#36 ·
You know that is messed up, I think it is a problem with society, i was hunting this past year here for deer in PA. I met some of the most rude, unsportsman like hunters, I have ever ran into in the field. posting 50 yeards off my treestand for the entire 1st day, making noise ans such, I was ready to murder him.. LOL, and in general everyone is always worried about number one, you have to take care of yourself, but we need to take care of each other also..lOL :2thumbsup:

#37 ·
yea the first day i bought an xj i was driving on the highway and people in other xjs driving by are waving and **** and i notcie if im ever on the road with another xj that they usually cruise next to you. I own and s10 lowered and 20" rims and **** and never get as much attention as i do in my xj.

#38 ·
i agree. the other day i was goin to the local 4 wheel shop and on the highway i saw an xj he slowed down so i could catch up and he threw the thumbs up and complimented me on my ride. thats what owning a jeep should be about besides the wheelin

#39 ·
That's funny that you get lots of waves in your XJ... it seems like TJ's, CJ's, and YJ's never wave to me, or JK's for that matter (to back up your point). Every time I discuss Jeeps with a stranger driving some version of a Wrangler, they get kind of snooty with me and act like I don't drive a real Jeep.

I actually have a sticker on my XJ that says "Wave Damnit!"

#40 ·
i only get waves from lifted tjs and xjs. ive waved to jks and never get anything when i had my yj i would get waves from a few stock tjs but never jks. and that jeep stuck out.

#41 ·
Lets not completely bash the JK owners. It is true that the way the JK is made its more for a "family" especially the 4 door. A lot of the JK buyers are new to jeeping and probably dont know about the "Jeep Wave" I wave to every jeep...its just polite and respectful...if I dont get a wave back..its their loss. I obviously dont wave to a soccer mom driving a tricked out Unlimited...thats just common sense...all though it's not a bad idea either...lol.

#42 ·
alias ill wave if im ever in the UK but driving an XJ here i get nothing. i know its because they just dont know and dont understand it. im not bashing, its not the end of the world for me haha. just something ive noticed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.