XJ out wheels Hummer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ out wheels Hummer?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 08-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
flaymon1
1995 XJ Cherokee 

XJ out wheels Hummer?

has anyone seen this video,its kinda funny to see a hummer struggle while jeeps drive around it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxoo...eature=related

flaymon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
4X4XJJeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That kinda made my day. I couldn't believe it. The jeeps breezed over the rocks. The hummer was stuck several times. Wow.....
4X4XJJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
Disco
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Haha so true though $50,000+ for what...!?
Green Jeep Club Member #210
http://cardomain.com/ride/3127026

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDVL45 View Post
We should go PETA on their *** and set it free!!!! We could call it PETJ...People for the Ethical Treatment of Jeeps
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
tdogg55555
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I could take a fifth of the hummers price tag and build my xj to be more capable than any hummer.....I really am sick of the yuppies with the hummers. They think its some kind of symbol of status to just walk up and drop 30 to 50 K on these things. Very very sad those people are....
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
wil badger

So whats this making the rounds again? Great give it a rest guys.This gets posted up every couple of months.Then all you people have to come in and bash on Hummers.By no means do I like Hummer or think they are worth the money,but really to each his own.There are people who drive Jeeps,there are people who drive Toyotas,there are people that drive Fords,the list goes on.Get over it not everybody likes to own and drive a Jeep.
Unread 08-23-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
flaymon1
1995 XJ Cherokee 

What a party pooper Wil.
Unread 08-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #7
GPTH1NG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

But this is JEEP forum... I think if anyone can appreciate that without worrying about the feelings of Hummer owners it's the folks here, right? I thought it was great.
[color=orange]ORANGE[/color] Jeep Club Member #3
--------------------
04 Wrangler X
[/b][/size]
GPTH1NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Lemme guess... the video of the white h1 unable to get up the hill while the camo xj goes right up? I agree with wil... if you see a vid on youtube that has been posted for a while, there is a 99% chance its been posted here too.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
wil badger

I mean really. They have all been seen before. Hell I'm in one of them. I could post to a video I have of me removing a H2 from a snow field he shouldn't have been in. It was funny and we gave him **** the whole time.In the long run we gave him more crap for being off trail more then anything. A few minutes after freeing this guy I was stuck on the side of the trail in a snow drift.

I drifted over into the shoulder where the snow was soft.I sunk to my axles ,the ground was another 3' down.

A quick tug from a friend and I was back on hard pack

As for the statement "if I put so and so amount into my vehicle it would be so much better then that vehicle",is crap. At some point your vehicle was new and considered over priced and under capable. That is what it's all about the capability of both the vehicle and the driver. Some people choose to own a nice new 4 wheel drive that is a bit plush inside.Some of these drivers are old veterans of 4 wheeling that have gotten to the point they just want something to go down a nice trial with and enjoy the day. Some of these people are new to 4 wheeling and this could be the first real 4 wheel drive vehicle they have owned.

This tends to get them into trouble .First they lack the experience it takes to get through harder obstacles. Be it mud, rocks, sand,etc...They see the commercials and are told by the sales men "this vehicle can take you any where" and in the right hands and the right conditions yes it most likely can. But put in the hands of a novice that at the first sign of something not going right does one of two things and usually at the wrong time.Either they hit the brakes and come to a complete stop when they shouldn't have or they hit the gas when they should have slowed down or stopped. We have all been there and we all learned are lessons. Some learn younger then others.

Man I started rambling there didn't I ? lol

Long story short

The car doesn't make the driver,the driver makes the car.
Unread 08-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
flaymon1
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm new here so I don't want to step on any one's toes but some guys here take things way to seriously,

Its simply a video of two jeeps out wheeling a hummer "hello Micfly anybody home, think Mcfly think "that funny as hell.

This is a jeep forum right I didn't accidentally post this on a hummer forum did I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVES...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwrW-...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN2z3...eature=related

Last edited by flaymon1; 08-23-2008 at 03:39 PM..
Unread 08-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaymon1 View Post
I'm new here so I don't want to step on any one's toes but some guys here take things way to seriously,

Its simply a video of two jeeps out wheeling a hummer "hello Micfly anybody home, think Mcfly think "that funny as hell.

This is a jeep forum right I didn't accidentally post this on a hummer forum did I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVES...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwrW-...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN2z3...eature=related
We Take things seriously seriously because we care... Im sorry, but ive given alot of my hard earned cash to these boards along with every other supporting member to make it a more enjoyable experience for EVERYBODY. Junk that is reposted takes up space and bandwidth which makes the forum slower, although it might not be too noticable. These reposted threads build up, and a whole other section of the forum could probably be made with all of the "JEEP vs. HUMMER" threads and reposts. Heres a search... notice all of the jeep vs. hummer, and this is only PART of the first page.
jeepvshummer.jpg  
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
flaymon1
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'll see if I can't find some videos of Ice skating vs jeep so I don't offend any hardcore hummer enthusiast.
I apologize for posting offencive material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U20IiBuU8lQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0SV...eature=related

Last edited by flaymon1; 08-23-2008 at 09:02 PM..
Unread 08-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Much ado about nothing in my opinion. Probably 99% of everything posted on JF is technically a repost or repeat of something already posted or asked about before. If people want to post inoffensive threads about how Jeeps outdo some other brand of 4x4 vehicle, more power to them.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #14
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Haha so true though $50,000+ for what...!?

Hummers and jeep are apples and oranges. Given the chance, I'd gladly drive a hummer, but for 50 grand that used corvette sounds a little more appealing. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think we're just as stupid for pouring afew grand into a jeep that would already get you to work and back just fine.

Let people waste their money as they see fit is my

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #15
fataltherabbit
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah , jeep beats hummer hands down .... HOWEVER ... I would LOVE a military Issued surplus humvee , get all the gear loaded on it like you see the marines have , man that would be soooooooo sick , drive it around town and people would think there is a USMC humvee on the road .... thats always been one of my dreams ... sorry , thats my 2c
[/SIZE] [COLOR="Lime"]Sunday.Drivers.[/COLOR]
fataltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.