Xj lifting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Xj lifting

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 08-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
jeepjunky93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Xj lifting

alright guys back to another jeep, i got a 98 cherokee 4.0sport i wanna start getting a lift for it. i have another car to drive so time isnt a pressing issue on it or anything just a project to work with an lift, i have 32'' tires for it to put on, i've had a couple people to go with rustys offroad lift

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-su...-leaf-kit.html

in this kit theres no control arms etc? can someone help a little? maybe tell me what else besides in this lift is needed,

thanks for the help guys, and im not trying to break the bank on this one either. lol

jeepjunky93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Search, there are literally thousands of threads on this and it's covered multiple times in both the tech and non-tech FAQs as well as several stickies.
Unread 09-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

At 3" you don't need new upper arms, and the lowers are either right at the limit, or they need to be about 1/4" longer
(There is a chart that floats around here, but I'm not at home so I can't find it ATM.)

And you know that add-a-leafs will put a strain on already weak springs, right?

FYI, here is a site with a wide variety of lift kits to look at:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-li...e-xj/index.htm
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
mc6886
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i have the rusty's 3 inch full spring kit in my 99. my stock leafs were already sagged so i just replaced them completely. you don't need any arms or a track bar or anything. in mine, i just had to get new ball joints and tie rod ends to fix my death wobble, and i'll be putting a transfer case lowering kit in soon as well. other than that you should be alright
Unread 09-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
jeepjunky93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finished the lift somewhat bastard pack in the back ford coils in the front ride actually isn't too bad flex pretty well. I need to put my spacers in the front to equal it out. I got 4.5 in the back an 3" infront
jeepjunky93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.