Xj leff springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Xj leff springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 03-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
darrenbaxter52

Xj leff springs

I Have a poroblum with my rear end, when i fill my jeep up wth people it sags and when i hit a bump or go on trails it rubs on my tires.

I think it might be my leaf springs but i want be 100% sure befor i throwe down 300 bucks.

When the jeep is unloded the leafs a still saging i dont think thats how it should be i have looked it up but stiil not sure so if some one can help me out that would be grate

darrenbaxter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
cja1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenbaxter52 View Post
I Have a poroblum with my rear end, when i fill my jeep up wth people it sags and when i hit a bump or go on trails it rubs on my tires.

I think it might be my leaf springs but i want be 100% sure befor i throwe down 300 bucks.

When the jeep is unloded the leafs a still saging i dont think thats how it should be i have looked it up but stiil not sure so if some one can help me out that would be grate
No doubt, its your leaf springs.

You can get very good leaf springs that are better than stock for a little less than the $300 figure you mention. If you are comfortable turning a wrench and not afraid of a bit of a challenge, you can pretty easily change them out yourself as well. The job has its known issues and ways to solve them so search around this forum and google if you want to do it yourself. Not sure what a shop would charge for the job, I'd guess at least another $200-$300 but I really have no idea.

Stock XJ leafs are very weak and will eventually become totally flat and useless from normal road use. Add to that any kind of load/stress of of road driving of any type and the things are useless. Shame on Jeep for sending vehicles out the door with such weak rear ends if you want my opinion.
cja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Wow, reading this made my brain hurt trying to figure out what in the hell you were trying to say !

Buy some new leaf springs, and U bolts. Install them yourself it should run right around $300-$350
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Callelle
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I Have a problem with my rear end, when I fill my Jeep up with people it sags and when I hit a bump or go on trails it rubs on my tires.

I think it might be my leaf springs but I want be 100% sure before I throw down 300 bucks.

When the Jeep is unloaded the leafs are still sagging I don't think that's how it should be I have looked it up but stillnot sure so if some one can help me out that would be great
You should consider "throwing down" 300 bucks for basic high school level English lessons.

Also, yes, it's your leaf springs that need replacement.
Callelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callelle View Post
You should consider "throwing down" 300 bucks for basic high school level English lessons.

Also, yes, it's your leaf springs that need replacement.

I not sure about the education system where you live, Where I live that is basic elementary school English !
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Callelle
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I not sure about the education system where you live, Where I live that is basic elementary school English !
I'm just an over achiever
Callelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callelle View Post
I'm just an over achiever

Im still trying to find out what leff springs are !
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
darrenbaxter52

Oh thanks for the english lesson didnt know this was high school. Next time i have a paper to write you can correct it for me!!!

But thanks to the guy that answered my question!
darrenbaxter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Oh thanks for the english lesson didnt know this was high school. Next time i have a paper to write you can correct it for me!!!

But thanks to the guy that answered my question!
Welcome to JeepForum, A few of us answered your questions an we corrected your grammar. After all this is a forum an most of the users on here are grammar nazi's .

BTW Thanks for finding out how to use spell check ! An you may want to cut back on the attitude most people wont be so kind to take flack from a noob.
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

This isn't pirate 4x4, no need to insult and give a new member **** over their spelling/grammar.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
Durt_Diver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
This isn't pirate 4x4, no need to insult and give a new member **** over their spelling/grammar.
i would call it encouraging them to post so that what they say can be understood.

edit: kudos to the op for not getting butthurt and communicating effectively on the second post

March 2012 COTM
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

If you want to save money do a bastard pack!

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.