XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got? - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got?

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #601
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
Here's the long list of my interior mods.

Original interior was tan and reeked of smoke. I replaced the carpet, seats, & center console.

Mag Light Mount

Turned the cubby hole into a storage bin.

Some flat stock that mounts under the visor clips. Originally I was going to mount a CB up there. I've been thinking of bending up some sheet metal and making a box to hold some switches.

The gray seats and carpet looked out of place with the rest of the plastic trim. I swapped the lower dash trim to get gray.

Upgraded to gray lighted visors.

Swapped out the rear door glass and the quarter glass for tinted glass.

Painted the glove box handle to get rid of the tan.

NOS Mopar Cargo Net

New Headliner Material

Upgraded to Leather Seats

Picked up a spare set of doors with gray door panels to replace the tan panels. I also have a gray rear hatch trim & gray grab bars to replace the tan trim.

I also have a spare sound bar from my 98 XJ. Plans are to mount that to the roof where the dome light is and wire the speakers to the door speakers. That way I still have 4 speakers when I go doorless.
I respect your compulsive behavior. Nice job. I've been going from tan to black on mine. They look good together, so my 50/50 status is ok for now.
The carpet, is yours aftermarket, and if so, were you happy with its quality vs. the stock carpet?

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #602
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I respect your compulsive behavior. Nice job. I've been going from tan to black on mine. They look good together, so my 50/50 status is ok for now.
The carpet, is yours aftermarket, and if so, were you happy with its quality vs. the stock carpet?
Carpet is stock. It came out of a wrecked 2000 Sport, as did the center console, seats, the grab bars along the roof, and the visors.

Dash trim came from my 98 XJ Sport, along with the hatch trim.

Doors were from a 97 Sport that the guy was parting and refused to sell the door panels without the doors. 97+ Manual Door panels are nearly impossible to find, so I bought the doors and then turned around and sold them to a friend for his son's 94 XJ. I even made a profit on the doors.

For some reason the carpet would not dry under the driver's floor mat. I'm in the process of ripping the carpet out and I'm going to bedline the floor.

The only trick for replacing the carpet is to cut a slit or the rear seat belts so that you do not have to unbolt them. If you do it right, you'll never notice. Also, to get the carpet over the cargo tie down's in the rear, cut 2 small slits in the holes 90 degrees off from each other. This will give you enough room to slide the carpet under the tie down and then tuck the corner with the 2 slits under and regain a factory look without removing the tie downs.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #603
TheMayer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Mainly sound stuff, CB, WJ leather front seats.

Audison Signal processor
2 Alpine amps
12" JL sub in a custom box
Pure i-20 iPod dock
Rainbow/CDT Component speakers up front, Hertz in the back (installed but disconnected)
Sony radio, installed but basically there to fill the space/tell me the time. The iPod dock serves as my "radio"

A few gauges (vac & trans temp probably), hatch lights, trunk box/cabinet, aux fan switch, and a fuel pump kill switch coming soon!
TheMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #604
LukeADukes
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayer View Post
WJ leather front seats.
Boy would I love to change my seats because I just slide out the driver's side and the rips are getting worse. Those bolts are way too rusted.

I installed a switch by that flex hose for my off road lights. Currently working on a hatch switch turn off the hatch when the doors open so people only see blue without the hatch light contrast.
LukeADukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #605
TheMayer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeADukes View Post
Boy would I love to change my seats because I just slide out the driver's side and the rips are getting worse.
It was such a great upgrade, found some in great condition at the JY and couldn't pass em up. Tan leather doesn't match black cloth in any way but who cares haha
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #606
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'd like to upgrade my seats, but I believe only 2dr XJ seats release and fold forward.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #607
TheMayer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I just finished putting the first of three gauges, I removed the radio and got a plate that mounts up in the radio hole. Only bought one gauge for it so far to make sure i like it first. Water temp and oil pressure will be in there soon!

I think it turned out great, almost looks factory IMO.

Unread 10-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #608
macklamar
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayer
I just finished putting the first of three gauges, I removed the radio and got a plate that mounts up in the radio hole. Only bought one gauge for it so far to make sure i like it first. Water temp and oil pressure will be in there soon!

I think it turned out great, almost looks factory IMO.
I like that a lot. Where's your radio?
macklamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #609
TheMayer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklamar View Post
I like that a lot. Where's your radio?
Technically I don't have one, haha. That silver box behind the windshield wiper switch controls an Audison processor thats under my passenger seat that serves as the radio. There's an iPod cord the comes out of the center console.
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #610
macklamar
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayer

Technically I don't have one, haha. That silver box behind the windshield wiper switch controls an Audison processor thats under my passenger seat that serves as the radio. There's an iPod cord the comes out of the center console.
I've been thinking about doing the exact same setup with the 'radio' so I can use that extra dash space. Just dunno if I can live without FM radio.

Tidy workmanship with the gauges though!
macklamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #611
TheMayer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklamar View Post
I've been thinking about doing the exact same setup with the 'radio' so I can use that extra dash space. Just dunno if I can live without FM radio.

Tidy workmanship with the gauges though!
Thanks! I can't wait to get the other two in there when the extra money comes around. I found myself only listening to my iPhone, which runs straight through the processor, and only using the radio to tell me the time haha. So I figured why not just get rid of it and finally get some gauges that I've been needing for a while!
Unread 12-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #612
jbudz511
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys so I replaced my dash lights with leds and planned to replace my other cluster lights. I thought I ordered the correct lights for the hvac and rocker switches but I didn't. The bulbs are real weird. Anyone know what size i need? I have 2000 xj sport
jbudz511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #613
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

No radio?! I'd die lol

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #614
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

not the best cup holder, but worked for small cups.

misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #615
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit77 View Post
not the best cup holder, but worked for small cups of coffee
I could see the lid coming off that cup and destroying my stereo, but that's just how my luck goes.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.