XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #31
n20jeep
Web Wheeler
1993 XJ Cherokee 

well i
-bedlined the interior
-swapped out the dummy fuel gauge for a factory tach
-put in a sunroof
-moved my door and window switches to the dash. (less wiring to mess with when removing doors
-added a center console (factory)
-drain holes
-fuel pump kill switch

n20jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #32
jffirestone
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I picked up some gauges for the Jeep since I have the dummy cluster and I thought a couple gauges could help me out in the engine monitoring department. I plan on fabbing a pod for the front cubby pocket in the console. I also grabbed some fog lights and I plan on mounting the switch on the panel to the right of the cluster below the clock spot. When I get them all installed (someday) I'll throw some pics up here.
Unread 03-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #33
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

on my 96, notched the dashboard faceplate where the filler panel is between the instrument cluster and the stereo/HVAC controls are at on the bottom. Installed second cigarette lighter plug under the dash, put velcro on the back of my ipod touch and on the filler panel, and ran my wires behind the dash. Perfect sized spot for Ipod touch. plus no messy wires and frees up my lighter for other uses. Next week, install extra power outlet in the cubby space under the glove box. Perfect spot for charging cell phones/bluetooth/anything else.
Unread 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #34
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey anyone tried removing the cubby right below the ashtray and in front the of the shifter to mount a CB there???
Unread 03-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #35
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan View Post
Them cup holders kinda suck. Don't really hold anything and it holds the stuff up so high.

Well haven't done a whole lot, but here's a list of what I've done so far:
*Installed 97-01 Center console (With real cup holders and better looks)
*Installed 97-01 Gear Shifter
*Added toggle switches on the ash tray for my lights (don't like em there at all, soon their going under the dash clock)
*Added the speaker box thing that goes on the roof in the back

Things that I am going to do this summer if money's right:
*All four doors off of a 97-01 Jeep (I like the door panels better and like the one piece windows in the front and mirrors)
*Some leather seats out of a ZJ
*Emergency Brake handle out of a 97-01 Cherokee
*Rhino the floors
*Install my CB whenever I can find a useful but out of the way spot for it
*I have some other ideas but I won't say them just yet until I do them
do u got a pic of this said center console??

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Cruiser -- 1998 XJ Classic. 3" RC lift. 32" Kuhmo Ventures. Sold it
1999 WJ Limited V8. 4" Mix-n-Match Lift. Nothing special.
YJSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #36
Chris_XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJSXJ View Post
do u got a pic of this said center console??
Sure do.

Still need to get the hand brake lever for it.
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 5 speed, 4x4, 149k miles, all skids, tire carrier, cargo cover, factory radio/speakers, 10k miles on following items; rebuilt motor, new tranny, rebuilt rear diff, complete exhaust system, complete brake system, radiator, 30" tires, suspension. No dents or scratches in the paint. ONE OWNER UNTIL NOW.
Chris_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #37
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sure do.

hmmmmm.....me likey
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #38
Element96x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

ill post my speaker set up in the morn im too drunk now
Element96x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #39
blue92cherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sure do.

are you getting the lever out of a Grand cherokee or are you just going to relocate yours over a bit? i just got a center console so i am curious. did the shift lever indicators line up properly and everything?
blue92cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #40
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I was thinkin of doing that, but what's involved in with the e-brake. i would imagine you gotta cut a new holein the floor, right???

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #41
YJSXJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

there's also a nice spot for a switch box right in front of the shifter too, sweeeeeeeeeeeeet dude.

Unread 03-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #42
WOEIIXJ01

Added a GPS unit, CB and a wood grain center dash.
WOEIIXJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #43
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone done any sound deadening to theirs?...since I tried my fenders the noise has gotten worse. Thinking about doing something real soon. Just looking for examples/ideas...
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #44
Chris_XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
are you getting the lever out of a Grand cherokee or are you just going to relocate yours over a bit? i just got a center console so i am curious. did the shift lever indicators line up properly and everything?
For the emergency brake, all my dad says I need is the newer lever out of a 97+ and he says it just about bolts right in, its been 5 years since he did it so his memory is a little fuzzy on it. The shifter I recommend replacing with one out of a newer one just because it curves, better looks. It just bolts right in place.
Quote:
there's also a nice spot for a switch box right in front of the shifter too, sweeeeeeeeeeeeet dude.
Yeah, but I'm gonna be moving them to right under the clock on the dash. I'm gonna mount a cb in front of the shifter next month hopefully.
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 5 speed, 4x4, 149k miles, all skids, tire carrier, cargo cover, factory radio/speakers, 10k miles on following items; rebuilt motor, new tranny, rebuilt rear diff, complete exhaust system, complete brake system, radiator, 30" tires, suspension. No dents or scratches in the paint. ONE OWNER UNTIL NOW.
Chris_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #45
GrayBomb
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofire75 View Post
Anyone done any sound deadening to theirs?...since I tried my fenders the noise has gotten worse. Thinking about doing something real soon. Just looking for examples/ideas...
I have done sound deadening, not finished yet, it worked great. 2 layers of edead on floor, inside door and quarters. I am still working on covering it all with Volara 2EO foam to get rid of high frequencies. I only have it on the floor now.
For Sale: 89' Limited w/ Renix. Performance:Custom Cold Air Intake, Air Temp Conversion, Map Adjuster, Throttle Body Conversion Bored, 99+ intake manifold, 98 injectors w/ 99 fuel rail, bumped fuel pressure, Borla Wrapped Header, 2.5 in exhaust header back, open loop cooling, electric fan conversion, SS brake lines, 96+ brake booster and still getting 20 mpg highway
For sale link
GrayBomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.