XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got? - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #226
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Look what just came in today

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #227
Manche87
1998 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE[/QUOTE]

explain please, parts, wiring diagram, anything you can say about it
Unread 01-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #228
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar8652 View Post
explain please, parts, wiring diagram, anything you can say about it
That would be a mobile audio video game plate found on partsExpress
Parts-Express.com:Mobile Video Game Plate | video S video plates plate playstation ps2 xbox

I know alot about this kinda stuff so I can answer questions too

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 01-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #229
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbiked View Post
Thats neat to know, i'm going to have to try and find this little wire, because I had a hifi shop install some aftermarket speakers in the front, and i dont know what they would have done with those wires. but i think im going to find me some at the JY!

Thanks srmitchell
Haha no prob man.

I actually spent 30 dollars on the ohc, and 20 on the harness. They gave me the tweeters and ohc bracket for free. Best deal so far.

It was all out of a 98, so the color of the tweeters doesn't match. My interior is all black, these are grey. I'll paint em soon.

And yes, the harness/wiring is there. Plugged in no prob.

I think they sound great. I've got polks in the doors, but since the built in tweeters are so low, they are ineffective, the mirror area tweeters added some texture.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #230
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Haha no prob man.

I actually spent 30 dollars on the ohc, and 20 on the harness. They gave me the tweeters and ohc bracket for free. Best deal so far.

It was all out of a 98, so the color of the tweeters doesn't match. My interior is all black, these are grey. I'll paint em soon.

And yes, the harness/wiring is there. Plugged in no prob.

I think they sound great. I've got polks in the doors, but since the built in tweeters are so low, they are ineffective, the mirror area tweeters added some texture.
Yeah I can't wait to try mine out, I've got infinity Reference series in the doors that sound great but I'm going to turn down their adjustable tweeter and these infinity aftermarket ones oughta sound amazing with the tweeters up high.

Matt
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #231
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar8652 View Post
[QUOTE
explain please, parts, wiring diagram, anything you can say about it [/QUOTE]

yea thats from my xj that i just sold. it was to charge and use my video equipment as i am a free lance videographer. i used the av plug ins to show people footage of their jeeps on wheeling trips through a small moniter that i brought along
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #232
mizedog
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post

I had the same radio - loved it until it quit working. I had it on a bracket from the side of the dash. I miss that radio.

Nice work.
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #233
mizedog
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Look what just came in today

Where can I get these? Actually, I just need the panels. I have some tweeters already.
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #234
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

those panels DO kick ***... Now I have a stupid question. Is there a difference between a tweeter and just a 4" speaker I'm audio/video retarded
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #235
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
those panels DO kick ***... Now I have a stupid question. Is there a difference between a tweeter and just a 4" speaker I'm audio/video retarded
that makes 2 of us.... wouldnt you want a bigger speaker instead of that small little thing?
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #236
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

The tweeter is designed for higher pitches which have a shorter wavelength, hence a smaller speaker. That's why subs, which are intended for low frequency sounds are always pretty big, b/c lower sounds have a much longer wavelength which is why if it's cranked you can actually see the speaker move since the sound wave is slower. A 4" speaker is designed for middle frequency sounds. That's why a stereo/sound system (remember there'd be left and right speakers) with a tweeter, a woofer (middle speaker), and a subwoofer sounds much better than a stereo with just one size speaker b/c it has a speaker designated for the different frequency ranges. All three types also come in different sizes and most of the time it doesn't really make a difference between a 4" woofer and a 6" woofer, although a 6" woofer would provide more of the low sounds than a 4" woofer, just not a lot.

I hope that makes sense. I'm a Music Tech major and know a butt load about audio and still learning more, but it's kind of hard for me to explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #237
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The tweeter like this has a crossover soldered onto it, that is, it filters out all of the lower-range audio. This tweeter is solely responsible for giving me the treble up high where I want it, near my ears. The lower door speakers give you the mid and low bass. When you try and cram treble down low there instead of up near your ears, it sounds kinda muffled and not so clear so the sound is kinda crappy. You want a direct line from your ear to the treble so this small tweeter does a great job of bringing that treble up high where I can hear it. Makes the music so much more crisp and clear.

the reason a 4" speaker won't do the same things is because the 4" is probably handling other things too, like midbass. That setup worked out real well in the WJ's, as they have 3.5" dash tweeters and the door speakers in the front only handle bass. Because I already have some good door speakers that give off a strong mid and low, these tweeters are more or less to make it sound more crisp and clear up front. Little speakers are great at doing that. Since they don't have to handle high power from the mids and lows, that little resistor thing soldered onto it will cancel out anything but treble

And I got mine off of ebay, but you can find them in any limited XJ at the junkyard with the infinity audio system

Matt
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #238
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

see....I think I got the wrong ones for my lower dash then. I just got some 4" infinitys. Crap...

Unread 01-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #239
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
see....I think I got the wrong ones for my lower dash then. I just got some 4" infinitys. Crap...
well... actually, maybe you didnt. I have a 2nd gen XJ (98) so our speaker setups are totally different. From the factory mine comes with two 5 and 3/4 or something or other in each front door it looks like yours are in the dash like the yj/tj. Even though the stock speakers were 5, I fit a 6.5 in there perfectly with no cutting or drilling whatsoever, even used the factory mounting holes I think... Also, in the back of the 2nd gen XJs instead of having speakers in the hatch, mine are molded into the headliner. Those also accepted 6.5's with little/no modification. It sounds great. My friend has the Boston Acoustics system in his WK and with my door infinity's and my small little budget sub in the back I completely rivaled him. Now with the tweeters it will be even better than before. Almost anything is an improvement over the stock paper speakers

Matt
Unread 01-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #240
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

No, my '92 came with 5 1/4's in the doors and in the hatch and then little ones (I guess they were tweeters ) in the dash. I installed 6.5's in the kick panels instead of the doors, so that I'll still have tunes when I go doorless. Then I put 6x9's in the hatch and 4" speakers in the dash. They were a little bigger than the ones I took out though. I guess I might pull those some day and replace them with tweeters and sell them on CL or ebay

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.