XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got? - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #211
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quick update-
Mag light mount. I love where it is. Prefect location. I was thinking about the door, but I wasnt sure if when it was slammed it might pop out.

You can see the ohc, cb, husky mats, and tweeters as well.

srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #212
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Quick update-
Mag light mount. I love where it is. Prefect location. I was thinking about the door, but I wasnt sure if when it was slammed it might pop out.

I really like where you put the tweeters. How did you go about that?
Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 05:20 AM   #213
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

those are the factory tweeter pods. They come on the limiteds with the infinity audio system. I just bought a pair on ebay from the UK and they're on the royal air mail service as we speak so your best place to find them is on there or in a junkyard. I got mine from a seller rockznrutz and I think he had 2 pairs when I ordered mine. They're really cool because they just pop in place of the plastic thats usually there and the XJ is even prewired with a plug on the door panel for them, no wire splicing!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #214
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah those tweeters look nice and clean too. Might have to pick up a pair if I can find them.

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #215
geaganj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
Almost finished. I'm going to add another cigarette lighter plug inside the dash so the power wire is completely invisible. I've already run the wire, so all I have to remove is the center dash panel. The wires are run carefully under the carpet and around all the shifters. Here's the pics of the installation.

very nice! I love how clean it looks & the fact you can hide the wires when not in use.
'00 Black XJ, 3" RC lift, Safari Rack (sold...I miss it)
'95 Flat Black YJ, 2.5" RC lift w/1" boomerang shackles, Smittybilt front & rear bumpers
geaganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #216
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks! I've had Sirius in lots of different vehicles and this is the best it's ever turned out.
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #217
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Quick update-

do the tweeters make your sound system sound better? ive got a full aftermarket system in my jeep with a sub, but im always looking to make it sound better... what are the point of these? i no they are for high pitched sounds but i cant c that helping rly?

would i need an amp or something to power them???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...fAudioQ5fVideo

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #218
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
do the tweeters make your sound system sound better? ive got a full aftermarket system in my jeep with a sub, but im always looking to make it sound better... what are the point of these? i no they are for high pitched sounds but i cant c that helping rly?

would i need an amp or something to power them???

1999 jeep cherokee infinity tweeters set option : eBay Motors (item 200429830782 end time Feb-17-10 12:00:11 PST)
Those are them! Actually you technically don't have to do any wiring as long as your door speakers are still wired stock. There is a plug waiting taped up to the inside of the door already that you will see in plain sight that these suckers plug right into. Its spliced off of the factory wiring so you wont need anything else to power them.

I was (and still kinda am) concerned about an impedance mixup with my factory speakers by adding another speaker in parallel cause (remember back to physics class people)

Resistance in parallel is 1/r1 + 1/r2 = 1/rfinal

so if I have a 4 ohm door speaker and a 4 ohm tweeter than its 1/4+1/4 = 1/2 so the final load on my headunit is a 2 ohm load. I'm not sure if my aftermarket headunit is stable at 2 ohms but heck I might as well give it a shot because if it blows its all the more reason for me to buy a nice amp. I really doubt it though, considering that since I have a sub the power draw from the front speakers is minimal cause I have the front bass cranked down so I can go louder without distortion (another reason to get a new amp)

Long story short, I think you're fine. YES these will greatly improve the audio in the front of your XJ because you'll have better stereo imaging (its nice when you have you high-range frequencies up high and in a direct line to you.

Another thing I was considering is that I have coaxial speakers in the front as it is, so I might need to wire a high pass filter or something into them so I can dumb down the high frequencies on them so I don't have "two tweeters" so to speak. I might just snip the wires on the coaxial tweeters if its bad but still, I think adding tweeters is just going to make it better

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 01-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #219
Jason845
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
Thanks! I've had Sirius in lots of different vehicles and this is the best it's ever turned out.
My sirius radio in my Matrix, which I drive all day every day gets thrown on the floor...In my jeep, which might get driven once a week, I rigged up a nice dash mount, hid all the wires and ran a new 12 volt adaptor to make it cleaner
Unread 01-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #220
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_pedro View Post
That looks awesome, and plenty bright!!
where did you get the leds you used?
I got the LED's from superbrightleds.com
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #221
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason845 View Post
My sirius radio in my Matrix, which I drive all day every day gets thrown on the floor...In my jeep, which might get driven once a week, I rigged up a nice dash mount, hid all the wires and ran a new 12 volt adaptor to make it cleaner
Did that with my Nuvi 265WT. Its windshield mounted right above my vin plate so I ran the wire in between the seem of the a pillar and the dash trim and then ran it to a power outlet I put behind the dash spliced to the cig lighter so when I turn on my car, the garmin turns on if its plugged in and then it automatically does its shutdown thing ("External power lost shutting down in 20 seconds") when the car turns off. Best part, the install is clean and no cluttered wires anywhere

Matt
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #222
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thats neat to know, i'm going to have to try and find this little wire, because I had a hifi shop install some aftermarket speakers in the front, and i dont know what they would have done with those wires. but i think im going to find me some at the JY!

Thanks srmitchell
Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #223
CalebXJ123
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidperf View Post
I think you just turn the headlight switch couterclockwise
smart man.i feel very dumb now lol
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #224
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Just put some 98 ZJ leather seats in.

Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #225
ericxj1999
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i have wj leather seats on my 99xj
ericxj1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.