XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got? - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #196
tsvallette
1995 XJ Cherokee 

May be a dumb question or then again this question my have been asked a several times but has anyone installed 2000's Cherokee Dashboard in a mid 90s Cherokee? I really would like to revamp my 95 model. It makes the model seem very old (in my opinion) I am more comfortable with newer looking and feeling new interiors.

Or then again http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...p-pics-950693/ This 98 feels much better to me. Could this setup be a direct swap in my 95?

95 Build/Rebuild
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/my-1995-400-expense-948376/
tsvallette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #197
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

just did this today:

write up here:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...ite-up-951550/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #198
Dannn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

started work on my carputer...

it consists of a dell laptop decased with the motherboard and other components epoxyd to the back of the screen. its got a 60gb hd and will contain all of my music. i took the touchpad out and have plans to incorperate that into the armrest on the center counsel. i'm not sure where to mount the pc yet, either in my visor for viewing while stopped, or somewhere else. i will be incorperating a digimoto obd2 to usb plug into it so that i have constant digital gauges to monitor with various different things.

it will be powered by a 400watt inverter with a 4 port usb hub integrated into the ashtray or under the dash. keyboard will either be on screen or removable. if i get ambitious enough and like this idea i'll be taking a toughbook with a touch screen and doing the same mod as this and then just using this as a rear seat entertainment system.
Unread 01-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #199
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannn View Post
started work on my carputer...

it consists of a dell laptop decased with the motherboard and other components epoxyd to the back of the screen. its got a 60gb hd and will contain all of my music. i took the touchpad out and have plans to incorperate that into the armrest on the center counsel. i'm not sure where to mount the pc yet, either in my visor for viewing while stopped, or somewhere else. i will be incorperating a digimoto obd2 to usb plug into it so that i have constant digital gauges to monitor with various different things.

it will be powered by a 400watt inverter with a 4 port usb hub integrated into the ashtray or under the dash. keyboard will either be on screen or removable. if i get ambitious enough and like this idea i'll be taking a toughbook with a touch screen and doing the same mod as this and then just using this as a rear seat entertainment system.
Awesome man... I have thought about this many times. My buddy in Vancouver is building an Intel Atom based Carputer with like a 9 or 10" touchscreen and XP Tablet on it. I understand that he has an auto specific case sourced that has a tiny hardened case with a mini me powersupply in it.

I just dropped $650 on an Acer Timeline laptop (11.6") so there is no carputer in my immediate future... one day. The wife will freak. heh

Post up finished shots man, looks toight!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #200
motown2
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Did 2" spacers in front and quadratec heavy duty leafs in rear. Think I need another inch or so in the rear????

Also, did hatch light. See light as well as switch right next to fire extinguisher....One light is PLENTY bright.

Unread 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #201
raypla
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Semi Sealed w/great stuff and 1/8" rubber mating all I know is that when the base hits air moves through the seat belt. Sounds pretty tight. I have Boston Acoustic Pro series 5.5" w/the tweets co-axial mounted in the doors Infinity perfect 6.5" components w/the tweeters in the rear sound bar. Powered by an Infinity Reference 7541 111WX4 RMS
Infinity Perfect 10" DVQ W/interchangeble weight magnet. Powered by an JBL 180.2, bridged rated at 360WX1 RMS.
99 XJ 4.0 D30 29sp 8.25, IRO TB & HD Tie Rod, Kellys WIP main 5 wires 1AWG http://www.kelleyswip.com/price.html, Banks header, Stainless Magnaflow catback, cat, 2" OME lift, JC1B Leafs, OME sports, JKS discos, 30X9.5X15 BFG AT's, Fastman 62mmTB, Cibie E-codes with 55/60 Osram bulbs, Putco harness=JUNK!!, Alpine 7563 Deck, PWX 10" Cubby, JBL GTI 180.2 400wX1 rms, 6.5 Infinity Perfects , front PWX 6.5, Infinity ref amp 111wX4 rms, Optima Yellow, 100 sqft of http://store.secondskinaudio.com/damplifier/
raypla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #202
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Blue LED interior lights, Center consel with the switch panel I made and put LED's in the cup holders.

_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #203
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm doing the LED cupholders very very very soon I think thats a sick mod worthy of my time. So I've got a ton of spare LEDs to mess with and a bunch of resistors matched to 12v so I think I'll do one LED in each cupholder and a couple in the center console maybe. If they're too bright I might just double up the resistors or run two in series with one resistor. Which is better?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #204
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I took this earlier tonight. Turned out sick

_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Quote:
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #205
CalebXJ123
1980 CJ5 

jeepspeed.i like your whole setup.though i don't have cupholders,i'd like to have blue LED's in my jeep.is it as simple as changing a bulb?
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #206
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The LED's in the cup holders are obviously custom. For the dome light and courtesy lights I just switched out the bulbs.

Superbrightleds.com is where I got the bulbs.
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Quote:
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #207
CalebXJ123
1980 CJ5 

nice.i'm definately going to have to do that.anybody know how i can get my dome light to turn on without having to open my door?like wiring up a switch somehow
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #208
hidperf
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebXJ123 View Post
nice.i'm definately going to have to do that.anybody know how i can get my dome light to turn on without having to open my door?like wiring up a switch somehow
I think you just turn the headlight switch couterclockwise
hidperf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #209
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Almost finished. I'm going to add another cigarette lighter plug inside the dash so the power wire is completely invisible. I've already run the wire, so all I have to remove is the center dash panel. The wires are run carefully under the carpet and around all the shifters. Here's the pics of the installation.

Unread 01-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #210
el_pedro
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSpeed18 View Post
Blue LED interior lights, Center consel with the switch panel I made and put LED's in the cup holders.

That looks awesome, and plenty bright!!
where did you get the leds you used?

Last edited by el_pedro; 01-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: quoted wrong pic - DURRRRR
el_pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.