Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

XJ Interior Mods? Whatcha got?

1M views 740 replies 268 participants last post by  TheBoogieman 
#1 ·
I'm curious to see what people have done to customize their XJ's interior. Things like toggle switches, gauges, etc. I know there is always someone who has painted their cluster bezel or covered it with carbon fiber or wood grain stickers, but I want to see functional things. Where do you put all your stuff? And a couple solid ideas about at least one cup holder would be cool. HAHA!

Let's see the tricks.:2thumbsup:

#448 ·
^I know I'd hate to have to remove the whole thing just to remove the dash top panel.

I'm also waiting to see the manufactures roll something with this in it...show how it really performs.

#452 ·
Do you have a write up for the rear buckets?? I have been wanting to do this for ever!

#461 ·
I put the zj seats in mine too gut not power or heated. Just basic cloth. The rear was a pia but it was totally worth it I love them! I saw a se t of front and rear SRT-8 CHEROKEE seats on eBay and i really wanted them but I could hot justify $1000 for seats.

#463 ·
to be connected to this...

for running all my lights inside and out.
Nice, i built something similar to run my overhead switch panels.

If the indicator on those switches are LED; you'll want to add "flyback" diodes, the field collapse from the relays being switched off generates a large voltage spike and destroyed my first set of indicators. You can also get relays that have the diode build into them, but they're not as common.

#474 ·
There are some great ideas in there. Any chance you could include links to where you found the mods somehow?

#476 ·
First let me say the things you guys did are amazing....I am defiantly thinking of putting the lights in the cup holders and putting a new headliner in cause mine is falling down, it is only still attach now because of the speakers and doom light but I was wonder if you guys can help and tell me how you were able to replace yours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.