XJ Headlight Conversions? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ Headlight Conversions?

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony Wagon
http://froehlichsuspension.3dcartsto...rade_p_39.html HID retrofit, all the work done for you, $200.
I wish they supplied a little bit of information about that product. We get pictures and a few choices but at that price point I'd be way too suspicious to go through with a blind purchase. The cynic in my says $200 can't buy an HID retrofit that won't be troublesome for oncoming drivers.

Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #32
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Exactly why I don't want sketchy HIDs, I don't want to blind oncoming drivers and get them or both of us into an accident because they can't see and steer into me
I'm probably going to buy a decade 10ga harness and the IPF housing and decent 55/60 or 55/100 bulbs
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #33
josh94xj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Upgrade ur harness and run sylviana silver stars. I think there called? They ate direct drop in and they are brother than stock with out the harness upgrade but the harness up grade helps a lot. I ran them on my mk3 supra for awhile

Sent from my 2 door Cherokee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal2doorXJ View Post
i say screw it and just rawdog it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeekid58 View Post
Selling your jeep is like selling your soul....
NEW JEEP PROJECT COMEING SOON!
josh94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerXJ
Exactly why I don't want sketchy HIDs, I don't want to blind oncoming drivers and get them or both of us into an accident because they can't see and steer into me I'm probably going to buy a decade 10ga harness and the IPF housing and decent 55/60 or 55/100 bulbs
If you're in town in the evening/at night sometime let me know, you can swing by and compare headlights and see what the 10ga w/ IPF and 55/100 setup looks like.
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
Agony Wagon
Anti-Seizeaholic

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmaine97 View Post
I wish they supplied a little bit of information about that product. We get pictures and a few choices but at that price point I'd be way too suspicious to go through with a blind purchase. The cynic in my says $200 can't buy an HID retrofit that won't be troublesome for oncoming drivers.
More info on them here:
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/hid-headlight-kit-179540/index4/#post2648624
Agony Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony Wagon
That link should be on their product page. It looks pretty solid to me. He seems to be keeping quite busy with orders too. Thanks for the link.
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #37
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony Wagon View Post
Forget the lights, i want more info on how they fit those coil-overs on their XJ, I've looked at doing exactly what they have done but the master cylinder is in the way, i want to know how the made that fit.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #38
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony Wagon View Post
Hmmm
These seem quite good and possibly for me in the future

I'm now torn between the retrofitted HIDs and a harness, h4 bulbs, and ipf housings
Both being the same price range

Hmmm decisions decisions aha
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #39
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
Forget the lights, i want more info on how they fit those coil-overs on their XJ, I've looked at doing exactly what they have done but the master cylinder is in the way, i want to know how the made that fit.
I think they just moved the master cylinder and brake booster to a better location, and then made the adjustments needed to make it work without failure.
Unread 12-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #40
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmaine97
I ordered them for my XJ I'll post up when they come in I know the wait is long. From other customers pictures the cutoff is great aswell as quality

Once they come in my upgraded harness , e codes and, Piaa bulbs are going into my Yj
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #41
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post

I think they just moved the master cylinder and brake booster to a better location, and then made the adjustments needed to make it work without failure.
You can't really just move the MC and booster. the linkages have to all line up with the brake pedal.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #42
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
You can't really just move the MC and booster. the linkages have to all line up with the brake pedal.
I don't see the problem when dealing with a custom setup. If the mc/booster were moved say 4-5" towards the driver side fender, that would allow for a snug fit (just a WAG) of the tubing and coil, and an "ease" of designing a custom linkage to allow safe brake operation.

Last edited by 00XJMikey; 12-12-2013 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: ...
00XJMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
I ordered them for my XJ I'll post up when they come in I know the wait is long. From other customers pictures the cutoff is great aswell as quality Once they come in my upgraded harness , e codes and, Piaa bulbs are going into my Yj
Awesome! I'll look forward to your review. I just swapped to H4 last month but I wouldn't be opposed to upgrading again in a few months at that price. I'm sure I could find someone looking for a ready-to-go kit.
Unread 12-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #44
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmaine97 View Post

Awesome! I'll look forward to your review. I just swapped to H4 last month but I wouldn't be opposed to upgrading again in a few months at that price. I'm sure I could find someone looking for a ready-to-go kit.
Wink wink ahhah

Then again I'm also looking forward to this review
Possibly we'll order a set and do a jeep headlight swap day?
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #45
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerXJ
Wink wink ahhah Then again I'm also looking forward to this review Possibly we'll order a set and do a jeep headlight swap day?
I had you in mind but I know you're watching this thread! If the HID kit is legit at $200 then I'll only be able to unload my H4 upgrade on someone cynical like me.

A Jeep day sounds good. If you'll trek to North Yarmouth we can do it indoors, even.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.