Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XJ Flat Fenders?

64K views 230 replies 56 participants last post by  bmyohn 
#1 ·
I really like the look and purpose of "flat fenders" on the YJs.

Well I'm racking my brain on how to make build that concept onto my XJ. I personally think it would look pretty durn fantastical...

The dark grey is tubular pipe, light grey is sheet metal. Part 1 would be parallel to the ground and wide enough to to protect 33x12.5s (later purchase, when it's no longer a DD). Part 2 would be a cosmetic piece connecting part 1 to the body of the jeep - it'd be slanted between the two - 45* on the x and z axis (i think, lol). The red is everything that would be cut away...

Idea or suggestions? I hope the above makes sense, because I know my Paint skills are not that amazing...

See less See more
#2 ·
i think it will look either rly nice or like ***... the grill will look like it will just be floating there... are u going to make it reconnect back to the grill or just end it like the on YJ?

#4 ·
id put another piece like "2" on the front side of one also, with a steeper slant so it goes all the way to the bottom of the clip, otherwise it will look unfinished IMO. Sounds like a good idea though. id like to see it done.

#8 ·
:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup: that looks good.

maybe there is some way u could make the fender extend all the way to the front, if u chop the grill and throw a blinker in the flare it might looks nice.

#10 ·
They really remind me of those really wide pre runner fender that they have fopr the Jep speed Jeeps, and those look killer, I think you are on a good thought here,a nd should be fairly easy to mock up, and make practical. The part I think may look a lil sketchy is the lowere rear, once that fender is off that part, is does not look so hot, kinda ll bumpy and pinch welds and son back there, and then you would also have all kinds of water and mud flying back into your door jambs.. my 2 cetns, but really good concept.. Keep it going..

#162 ·
Connor, you need to get fabbing and stick these on your rig. I think this is the first time Im jealous of an XJ :laugh:

And i just finished reading through this thread, funny stuff. I actually would like to see pics of this Jeep with said huge lift.

#14 ·
theres also a white cherokee on here that has the flat fenders done front and rear..i think its in the cherokee lift forum

#17 ·
A buddy of mine made these for his rig.

#18 ·
I was going to make some but the boss (wife) wanted Bushwackers.....
I may make a set for the boys 96 though and see how they look.
These are some fronts I made for my last POS.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I think the same basic thing on the XJ would look good, with some plating behind so it wont just rip sheet metal.

Martin

#20 ·
i wish i would have thought of doing this before i trimmed up my fenders. It would have been a great idea. I wonder if i could make some from sheet metal still though?

#24 ·
The thread title made these sound a lot cooler. I'd like to see someone make some that aren't just the flair but the actual front fender as well. Like instead of the front of the flair going back down with the wheel well they just extend straight out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.