XJ drove me to buy a Corolla - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ drove me to buy a Corolla

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #46
SoloCamo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver03Rubicon View Post
I destroyed one in my 02 T/A.
That's not exactly apples to apples there, though.

Tires: Firestone "Firehawk Indy 500" 235/70/15's
SoloCamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #47
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver03Rubicon View Post
I destroyed one in my 02 T/A.
That's not sayin' a helluva lot. The Mazdaspeed 3 isn't too shabby but it's not race car.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #48
jetwrench
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yea it is like over 5 bucks a gallon almost 6 here at the beach...and i heard it is going to go up when the next shipment of gas comes in. not good......
jetwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #49
jcc522
1999 XJ Cherokee 

^^^^ filled up at $3.89 today
jcc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #50
253XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The only decent car toyota ever made was the supra. Every experience I have had with a toyota sedan has been bad. I know a few people who have spend 3x the money of gas on fixing their piece of shiit toyota sedan.

Enjoy hating every second you spend driving. Should have bought a mazda3 instead.

Also, not tech related in the least. There is a general discussion forum designed just for posts like this.
XJ Daily driver, 3" Rustys lift + 2 inch coils spacers in front and shackles in back + bushwacker cutouts, 32x10.5 Super Swamper tsl radials, spidertrax wheel adapters/spacers to fit 5x5.5 rims. Rocksolid bumper by Protofab, Flowmaster super 44.
253XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #51
justinwalden

wooo whooo! $3.77!!!!!
Unread 06-16-2008, 07:56 AM   #52
SoloCamo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 253XJ View Post
The only decent car toyota ever made was the supra. Every experience I have had with a toyota sedan has been bad. I know a few people who have spend 3x the money of gas on fixing their piece of shiit toyota sedan.

Enjoy hating every second you spend driving. Should have bought a mazda3 instead.

Also, not tech related in the least. There is a general discussion forum designed just for posts like this.
We are in the General Discussion section. No offense, but why do you seem so butt hurt because he bought a corolla and not a mazda3? The standard mazda3 is a joke as fun car as well....a whopping 148 or 156hp depending on the motor you choose...all packaged in a FWD vehicle...whoooo!! Now if you are talking the the mazda3 speed, that is of course a fast vehicle as it puts out 263hp/280ftlbs torque but it's not a gas saver. It requires 91 octane (premium) and only gets 18/26mpg which is not all that much better than our Jeeps.
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #53
xxxflhrci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMass View Post
ahh the famous misconception of buying another car to save $$. Now you went out and spent 15gs to cut down on your gas. Not to mention insurance and all of that good stuff. It will be 3-5 years before you are close to evening out cash. If you're happy with the purchase then that's all that matters man. Not trying to diss your decision.
3-5 years isn't that long to keep a car. My oldest I have had for 18, my DD for 14, and my newest for 10. Not wearing out the Jeep by just doing everyday running around is a great reason have a second ( or 5th in my case) vehicle.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #54
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yes, we pay less in the US for oil than SOME countries. Don't forget, we're also the country going out and saving other countrie's a$$eS when they get attacked by someone, or have a catastrophe happen (tsunami?) on THEIR soil. Who donated to the US when Katrina hit? We SHOULD get cheaper gas as our military and our funding is out there keeping the world safe. Makes me sick when WE'RE losing soldiers DAILY to an oil rich country, yet other countries want to complain about their prices. When was the last time you saw Canada, or an Australia do ANYTHING to help out the rest of the world??? Give me a freakin break.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #55
253XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post
We are in the General Discussion section. No offense, but why do you seem so butt hurt because he bought a corolla and not a mazda3? The standard mazda3 is a joke as fun car as well....a whopping 148 or 156hp depending on the motor you choose...all packaged in a FWD vehicle...whoooo!! Now if you are talking the the mazda3 speed, that is of course a fast vehicle as it puts out 263hp/280ftlbs torque but it's not a gas saver. It requires 91 octane (premium) and only gets 18/26mpg which is not all that much better than our Jeeps.

The mazda3 was rated one of the 3 most underrated sports sedans by car and driver. Not everybody needs hp to make up for a small ****.

And what, a thumbs down and im butthurt? Mazda3 was a suggestion thrown off the top of my head. There are plenty of cars out there that ARENT a toyota corolla.
XJ Daily driver, 3" Rustys lift + 2 inch coils spacers in front and shackles in back + bushwacker cutouts, 32x10.5 Super Swamper tsl radials, spidertrax wheel adapters/spacers to fit 5x5.5 rims. Rocksolid bumper by Protofab, Flowmaster super 44.
253XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #56
TreddyoXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I work on Toyotas, Fords, Chevys, Nissans, Hondas, BMWs, Chrysler, and Mazdas five days a week and I can happily report to you then when you get right down to it, a Mazda is still a FORD and has all the problems that FORD passenger cars have and with the same frequency (not bashing on their trucks, though). The only thing I admire about some Mazdas is the engineering quality and genius you see in their rotary engines (that was achieved prior to the Ford buyout, mind you). The motor in your precious Mazda 3 can be found in several other Ford products. On the other hand, every Toyota that I work further on amazes me in the quality of their products. I can't say I've ever seen a 200,000 mile Mazda, but I can tell you that I've seen 400,000 mile Toyotas. The only bad Toyotas I see are the ones that are highly neglected. The corolla is the best selling passenger car in the world; pretty funny for it being such "piece of shiit".

This is the general discussion forum, you goof.

When I say that my Jeep tops out at 75 mph, I mean that my Baja Claws start vibrating in a way that makes my stomach churn and I shut it down. Prior to the lift and tires, 110+ mph had been achieved.
SOLD: 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country w/D44, D30 w/ Aussie locker, Edge Trail Jammer System, 4.5" Rough Country lift, Zacatal Roof Rack, T&T front bumper, all lower body/bumpers/trim are Herculined, 31x10.5 MT Baja Claws, Warn 9.5ti. Ephesians 6:10-18

I HATE when people hijack threads. PM!
TreddyoXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #57
SoloCamo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
The mazda3 was rated one of the 3 most underrated sports sedans by car and driver. Not everybody needs hp to make up for a small ****.

And what, a thumbs down and im butthurt? Mazda3 was a suggestion thrown off the top of my head. There are plenty of cars out there that ARENT a toyota corolla.
I just don't see why you are hating on the corolla so much. Sorry, but ya do seem butt hurt over him buying one as if buying a corolla was the worst decision he made in his life or something...

And since when does having a high HP car have anything to do with making up for a small body part? I'll tell you one thing, I bet thats what enough people think when they see a guy with a lifted jeep on huge tires rolling down the road. Now we all know that's not the case, and the same can be said for a car with some balls.

If you want to continue on your anti-corolla campaign, go right ahead you are only doing a disservice to yourself. I am by far no fan of the corolla in the sense that I would want to own one, however having driven and ridden in a newer one multiple times I can say from experience that they seem to be a rock solid, reliable and mpg orientated vehicle. And that by far is exactly what a daily driver is supposed to be

Last edited by SoloCamo; 06-16-2008 at 06:42 PM..
Unread 06-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #58
Highway 4x4
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My Jeep is my toy and my economy DD. The diesel is the RV. As much as I drive they will last at least 10 more years. Hang on, this oil thing could get real nasty soon.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #59
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen251 View Post
Yes, we pay less in the US for oil than SOME countries. Don't forget, we're also the country going out and saving other countrie's a$$eS when they get attacked by someone, or have a catastrophe happen (tsunami?) on THEIR soil. Who donated to the US when Katrina hit? We SHOULD get cheaper gas as our military and our funding is out there keeping the world safe. Makes me sick when WE'RE losing soldiers DAILY to an oil rich country, yet other countries want to complain about their prices. When was the last time you saw Canada, or an Australia do ANYTHING to help out the rest of the world??? Give me a freakin break.
This post is so wrong in soooo many ways. The last war the US was involved in was started by the US, no protection going on anywhere. The main reason the US pays less for gas is refinery capacity. Pretty sure Canada lent a hand with Katrina, took over the majority of the combat role in Afghanistan. Whose *** have you saved when they get attacked ( in the last 10-15 years)?

So if the US should get cheap gas for being the world policeman, Canadians should pay next to nothing since we have a massive amount of the oil and gas reserves, right?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #60
Highway 4x4
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I think everybody is up tight about the world oil situation but lets not head down the path of where this thread is headed. We all own Jeeps, lets keep it there.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.