XJ Door Fell off! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ Door Fell off!

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
rjlaraway

XJ Door Fell off!

1995 2 Door Sport - and I know that the doors are a known issue for some XJ's out there. The hinge weld on my passenger door was coming free and before I could get that fixed the entire door fell off in my hand. I was able to put the door back into position and close it but now it won't open at all. I think the latch is stuck.

Anyways, how much should I expect to pay a body shop to take the door off, address whatever's wrong with the latch now, and weld the hinge back to the frame?

I don't have the ability to do this myself otherwise I would love too...

rjlaraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Get the door off yourself and have a local welder weld the hinges back up. Should be much cheaper than a body shop.

Where are you located? Can't see on the mobile app.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.