XJ in Alaska - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > XJ in Alaska

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #1
Sierra Drifter
2001 XJ Cherokee 

XJ in Alaska

I'm on vacation in Alaska. I spent the day in and around Skagway, and I was walking just outside of town thinking it would be nices if I could bring my Cherokee up here when I came upon this XJ parked on the street. Made me smile.

I got lucky and got a little tail up here too

That's it. I guess I was bored tonight.

Axle swaps & build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/rebuilding-front-dana-44-a-397243/
Sierra Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wait......Where's this A-LAY-SKA you speak of

cool though, must've cost a lot to ship the lift
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Great picture of the Whale Tail!!!!! There is something about pictures like that one that makes we just want to get away from the everyday hustle and bustle. Man it would be nice to be in Alaska fishing right now

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

it would be alot of fun to off road in alaska. I bet there are some great trails there
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I've always wanted to visit Alaska. What do you think so far? Any suggestions or recommendations?
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've also always wanted to visit Alaska. My dream road trip is to drive through canada on the way there

Did you rent a jeep while you were there?

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #7
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I want to move there so bad. Alot of good trails? Hell I'm sure that going from the house to the grocery store could be an adventure depending on how far out you live. Its the last refuge from the "life" we have here south carolina thats for sure.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.