which would you prefer ome or Rubicon? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > which would you prefer ome or Rubicon?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #1
wilson884
2000 XJ Cherokee 

which would you prefer ome or Rubicon?

I'm buying one of these today..the ome kit, which one I do not know...or the Rubicon 3.5" but again overall kit unknown...which would you say is the best overall ride? I plan on a full kit with springs shocks and full leaf packs..as far as the other stuff in the kits this is why I need advice on what is really needed as far as control arm things? Are there any discounts anywhere?

Unread 08-26-2014, 02:30 AM   #2
wilson884
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hell even this kit .....http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=760
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
wilson884
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Another question I have is about add a leafs...now I know that they're not a good thing when adding to old sagging packs...but what about adding them to new stock ones? Is it still better to buy the lifted packs vs adding to new stock packs?... Also are the heavy duty omix leafs really lifted 1.5"?
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #4
wilson884
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Why's this keep disappearing?
Unread 08-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
TylerU
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How high are you going for? 3.5"?
I have ome 3" leaf pack at the rear and it rides very nice and soft. Never tried RUbicon so I can't comment on that.

At 3.5" you are really boarderlining the control arms and drive shaft. You may need t case drop and longer LOwer control arms.
TylerU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 06:56 AM   #6
Renix
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I've run both spring packages. Ome is great product, very nice driving characteristics. For me more difficult to get in lift heights that I wanted. RE, easy to get at a cheap price, large selection of lift heights, but doesn't drive as nice as OME. I currently run RE springs all around and like them. Leafs are a little stiff when unloaded, but ride nice when you get all your gear in and don't sag very much. No complaints for either. If OME would offer more lift selections I would probably have them right now. I'm at 6.5 inchs of lift.
Renix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #7
wilson884
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yeah 2.5-3.5" nothing monsterous, just a lil lift and stance adjustment. i've been looking around for a cpl months now and it's getting to a point of just do it already lol
Unread 08-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #8
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

If you go with OME get the heavy duty springs. I had the medium duty springs on my last XJ and one of them started sagging after about 6 months of hard driving/towing/wheeling.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #9
wilson884
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i went with the rubicon6025t ...figured the regular shocks were good enough that i didn't need the monotubes....but what chaps my *** is the ubolts..why wont they give you an option for them? now i have to come out and buy those when the kit comes with some..so if anyone needs the ubolts for d35 axle i'll have some

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.