Will these rims fit my XJ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Will these rims fit my XJ??

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
JLydon18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Will these rims fit my XJ??

I saw these and have nearly brand new tires on my current rims.. I just hate my rims lol. Would these fit? http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/3745046698.html

JLydon18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

No. Those look like JK rims, which have a different bolt pattern. Also they're either 16s or 17s (I think that style came in both sizes, but may be mistaken), so I'm guessing they won't work with your current tires anyway.

The XJ bolt pattern is 5x4.5. Other jeeps with the same bolt pattern: TJ, ZJ, YJ.
donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
JLydon18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm just really struggling to get rid of my rims.. I hate them oh so much.
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Which rims do you have now? Around here there are generally at least one or two sets of jeep rims per week that will fit our XJs. Shouldn't be too hard to find something different if your only requirement is that they are different than what you have now.
donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
JLydon18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthelegend View Post
Which rims do you have now? Around here there are generally at least one or two sets of jeep rims per week that will fit our XJs. Shouldn't be too hard to find something different if your only requirement is that they are different than what you have now.
Those god awful ones.. I have more parts on the way to lift it a bit and I'm changing the door handle and removing the pin stripe.. but these are my current..
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Those are my least favourite XJ wheel, especially in the gold flavour. Kind of like your grandfather's style. Not as bad as ZJ snowflakes though.

Ranger, Patriot, older explorer (don't know latest model) rims will also fit.

Why not go on Summit, drill down to 5x4.5", 8" wide (to future proof yourself), 4" Backspacing and choose from the many options for 50-100 bucks a wheel? Steel is heavier than aluminum/alloy but on a trail they will tend to be more durable, they cost less, and you CAN beat a rim roundish again if in a pinch, alloys are likely to crack/chunk off.
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
JLydon18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka View Post
Those are my least favourite XJ wheel, especially in the gold flavour. Kind of like your grandfather's style. Not as bad as ZJ snowflakes though.

Ranger, Patriot, older explorer (don't know latest model) rims will also fit.

Why not go on Summit, drill down to 5x4.5", 8" wide (to future proof yourself), 4" Backspacing and choose from the many options for 50-100 bucks a wheel? Steel is heavier than aluminum/alloy but on a trail they will tend to be more durable, they cost less, and you CAN beat a rim roundish again if in a pinch, alloys are likely to crack/chunk off.
I was thinking about trying to go to a salvage yard and look around
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I know Wayne Auto Salvage in Mooresville has a TON of Cherokees. Bout a half hour drive from you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
JLydon18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I know Wayne Auto Salvage in Mooresville has a TON of Cherokees. Bout a half hour drive from you though.
I don't mind a half hour drive.. I'd honestly welcome it. I'll give them a call. Is it a pull your own kind of deal?
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLydon18 View Post
I don't mind a half hour drive.. I'd honestly welcome it. I'll give them a call. Is it a pull your own kind of deal?
I think so. We did at least. He wanted too much for some Waggy axles so we didn't end up buying anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Those look like they're in pretty good shape. I know few people like that wheel, and while it's not my favorite, it has grown on me. If you were closer, I'd give you a little $ for them assuming they're as healthy as they look; mine are all kinds of corroded, and I kind of like being "that guy" who proudly uses the weird wheels. Turbine wheels from the Renix years are probably my favorite XJ wheel.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.