will these coil spacers work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > will these coil spacers work

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
jimG16
2002 TJ Wrangler 

will these coil spacers work

I am asking this on behalf of my friend, he just got a cherokee and I dont know much about them either. We're both curious to see if a coil spacer budget lift will work. (not cause any problems, be effective, etc.) The Cherokee has no lift to begin with and stock coils and shocks.

Here is the link: http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbudget.html

thanks guys.

jimG16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
XJohnnyC

If you only need a budget boost to raise the Jeep a couple of inches, then yes, it'll work.

I just put coil spacers on my MJ this weekend so that I can put some slightly larger tires on. In the back, I added an XJ main leaf to lift it 2 inches.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
banesterloren

i heard that on the mj you can put the rear leafs over the top of the axel instead of hanging on to the under side of it and you can end up with a 3 inch lift in the rear, then just get the front lifted
banesterloren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
jimG16
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is the lift I just showed yall like a body lift or is a Cherokee a unibody vehicle. If it is a unibody, will the spacers lift the whole car like a normal lift, but without the new shocks, coils, etc.
Unread 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
banesterloren

xjs are unibodys so the frame is welded to the body. those spacers will lift the suspention. but don't do any thing more than 2 inches
banesterloren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
XJohnnyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by banesterloren View Post
i heard that on the mj you can put the rear leafs over the top of the axel instead of hanging on to the under side of it and you can end up with a 3 inch lift in the rear, then just get the front lifted
That's an SOA conversion and will actually net you about 5.5 inches.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I don't have any personal experience with rocky road, but from what I've read on here you may want to steer clear from them. try jeepin' outfitters, or quadratec, they have the same basic kits, and a lot better reputations.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
jimG16
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This is going to be very vague question but im not completely sure about rocky road.com and dont want to have my friend get ripped off. So if you guys know where i can find a decent 2in" lift for under $200, that would be great.
Unread 07-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_804.htm I know this is over 200 bucks, but it comes with shocks. jeepinoutfitters sells the same kit for the same price also.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.