Will stock wheels with 33s work? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Will stock wheels with 33s work?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #16
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasperooch View Post
I'm sorry, I'm still learning. What's a AAL?
Add a leaf. You basically stack more on your leaf packs. If you have bad leafs packs now though, they will sag fast.

moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
gasperooch
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Re: Will stock wheels with 33s work?

Oh I gotcha. Yeah I probably will replace mine since they are the original and the jeep is 25 years old.
gasperooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
Add a leaf. You basically stack more on your leaf packs. If you have bad leafs packs now though, they will sag fast.
with the zone kit the rear sits up high maybe 1" more than the front so if it sags or settles it will look good and even out. I will post a pic tomorrow when it's sunny. If your on a budget buy the zone kit you will not be disappointed. If this lift doesn't settle down in the back in the next few weeks I am adding a 3/4" front daystar bushing for the front to level it.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
gasperooch
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Alright let's see it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #20
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry took so long been busy today. Here ya go before and after.
imag0313.jpg   imag0314.jpg   imag0391.jpg   imag0392.jpg   imag0393.jpg  

Unread 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
gasperooch
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post
with the zone kit the rear sits up high maybe 1" more than the front so if it sags or settles it will look good and even out. I will post a pic tomorrow when it's sunny. If your on a budget buy the zone kit you will not be disappointed. If this lift doesn't settle down in the back in the next few weeks I am adding a 3/4" front daystar bushing for the front to level it.
It looks good but I want to keep mg stock rims and I don't think mine would look good with that much lift on stock rims.
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #22
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Zone says max back spacing is 4.5 any more than that you will need a spacer. Spacers are cheap. I considered running canyon wheels untill 4wheel parts had these wheels for 300 bucks on sale.
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #23
gasperooch
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Well after much consideration I think I'm just gonna go with 31" tires in a 3" lift. As much as I would love more lift on 33s, I need to keep this rig relatively useful for road driving. And with the budget I'm on I can't afford the additional cost of the taller lift and bigger tires. I'm ok with this compromise. It will still be a fun rig and I think it will serve us well. We just won't be wheeling enough to justify all the other mods. I may only get to do some light wheeling once or twice a month anyway. Thanks for all the input everyone.
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #24
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Those tire on my jeep are 32" BFG's 33's would fit but they would rub.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.