this will make you sick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > this will make you sick

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 06-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
flhtquick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

this will make you sick

Our government at it's finest, vote the bastards out. Cherokee at cash for clunkers

flhtquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Jeff9
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Going to be honest here, kind of getting sick of peoples' attitudes about cash for clunkers. YES working cars were destroyed for good, I understand that and it sucks. However, cash for clunkers was really designed to help stimulate new car sales so that the Big 3 (Chrysler, Ford, and GM) wouldn't go bankrupt. Keep in mind the economic carnage that would have followed all the way down the supply chain if they had. In combination with the bailouts given (which the government has now actually made money on from repayments with interest) the Big 3 have been saved and are now competitive again.
Jeff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
flhtquick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

that's a crock of s---. Most of the people buying those cars could not aford the note or they would have bought a new car earlier. This program just put them deeper in debt.Also the vast majority of cars sold were from over seas.I for one would love a nice cheap good jeep cherokee about now.
flhtquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
Jeff9
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I really don't understand the argument you make about putting someone (?) in debt deeper. Do mean people who would have purchased the CFC cars? Those people were the ones that got the bad end of the deal, but as I said, it's a lot better than watching the Big 3 go down with their spider web of supply chains.

And you're just plain wrong about the "vast majority" of cars being from overseas. Pre CFC and bailout the Big 3 accounted for 45.1% of the market. Afterwards they accounted for 47.1%. Not only is domestic/import about even, but the auto bailout and CFC helped domestic manufacturers gain traction...2% of market share seems small but it's huge.

We can agree to disagree. These CFC threads are frequent and are getting old. Nowadays there are many better reasons to argue why our current government stinks.
Jeff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
MoparMan1990
2000 WJ 

Good bye Obama
MoparMan1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

aint my jeep so idgaf
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Doesn't make me sick, I could use that header panel though....
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.