Why are beadlocks illegal in some states? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Why are beadlocks illegal in some states?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #76
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone who doesn't think those "for offroad use only" comments are anything but the manufacturer covering their *** at their lawyer's recommendation are kidding themselves.

For example... the same reason many bumper-mounted receiver hitch manufacturers no longer say their receiver hitches are rated for towing even though they used to state they were. Liability and lawyers have changed how things can be sold now and even the obvious is no longer safe enough for some manufacturers. Like tow hitches that are no longer rated for towing.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #77
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Anyone who doesn't think those "for offroad use only" comments are anything but the manufacturer covering their *** at their lawyer's recommendation are kidding themselves.

For example... the same reason many bumper-mounted receiver hitch manufacturers no longer say their receiver hitches are rated for towing even though they used to state they were. Liability and lawyers have changed how things can be sold now and even the obvious is no longer safe enough for some manufacturers. Like tow hitches that are no longer rated for towing.
very true. like driving lights sold everywhere for off road use only. They are covering their but thats for sure.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #78
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm supposed to know all this stuff and I don't.

I'll still say, the same applies to container chassis' and old service trucks running multi-piece (whether it be Dayton or Budd) commercial truck wheels. If it holds the tire securely and all the part numbers match, you can run it.
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #79
jeep4x4maniac

beadlocks

DOT has nothing to do with them being street legal. this website explains. http://liftlaws.com/are_beadlocks_street_legal.htm
jeep4x4maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.