Who here is going to the 25th Anniversary of the XJ in Moab? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Who here is going to the 25th Anniversary of the XJ in Moab?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 07-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Who here is going to the 25th Anniversary of the XJ in Moab?

Whose gonna be there?

October 6 - 12, put on by NAXJA.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Getting to that event has been my goal for this year. I've already got the time off work but have not made my reservations yet. That and I still need to find a car hauler so I can trailer the Jeep down there.

EricsXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
XJohnnyC

I'll be there for the whole week. Should be a great time.

You don't need a trailer Eric. Just drive the XJ there. That's what I'm doing.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I am thinking about going but the wife has to work. So I would be going out by myself. If you are traveling that far a trailer is a must. You never know what can happen. I needed the trailer in March to get our XJ home from Moab.

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
wil badger

Well doesn't this suck.Me with no Cherokee what so ever and this type of event comes up.There is no way I can have the MXJ done in time for this .Now on the other hand I do still have the rear 4 link kit I built.I wonder !?!?!?!?!?

With some quick thinking I might be able to piece a junker together in enough time .
Unread 07-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJohnnyC View Post

I thought I saw your name as one of the trail leaders... I might have to sign up for that one. Glad to see you going. About the trailer thing... my XJ has no doors and its a long way. Trailering it is the only way to go IMO. Plus there's a slim chance I might bring the wife and both kids. She'll never do it if we drive the Jeep.

Unread 07-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cruzin and badger - I hope both you guys are able to make it!

Since both of you, as well as XJohnnyC, have been there before, what are your suggestions for places to stay? I'm leaning towards getting a room somewhere in case the wife goes. I don't need it fancy but I'd rather avoid staying in a dump...

Unread 07-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
wil badger

I have stayed down there a few times.Most of the times I have been down there its been busy so I've had to stay at the pricey places.

If you give me a day or so I can get the names of the cool cheap places.
Unread 07-19-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
XJohnnyC

Oh, I understand about the trailering thing. I'm just jealous because I don't have a tow rig and trailer.

There are a lot of nice places to stay. I've stayed at the Bighorn Lodge and the Bowen Motel. The Bowen has a couple of nice family size rooms with three beds.

This year, NAXJA has taken over the entire Inca Inn. The new owners, who moved from Switzerland, gave us a good rate and the week sold out quickly.

Others are staying at the Adventure Inn, which is close to the HQ at the Slickrock Campground.

Then you have the usual Super 8 and Holiday Inn Express and such. Check out this website for links to all the motels.

http://www.moab-utah.com/
Unread 07-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #9
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. I've been following the "where people stay" thread on NAXJA and doing some looking. The Adventure Inn did catch my eye and looks like it might be a good place. I'll be gone for a week at Scout Camp so I'll probably need to make up my mind soon after I get back. If it was just me, I might camp at the Riverside Oasis. That place looks nice but I don't think the wife would like it. I'll need to look at the Bighorn and Bowen...

Unread 07-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #10
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

If I go I will probably stay at Canyonlands Campground and just tent it. The wife said I can go but it sucks that she can't go do to work. She enjoys wheeling so much its kind of not fun unless she is with me. The only thing keeping me from going is not knowing anyone. It's like going to Disneyland by yourself. It would be nice to finally meet you Eric.

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
XJohnnyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
If I go I will probably stay at Canyonlands Campground and just tent it. The wife said I can go but it sucks that she can't go do to work. She enjoys wheeling so much its kind of not fun unless she is with me. The only thing keeping me from going is not knowing anyone. It's like going to Disneyland by yourself. It would be nice to finally meet you Eric.

With your rig, you're not gonna have any trouble meeting people. I know a few people that talk about your rig pretty often, so it's like you're semi-famous. And so is Eric.
Unread 07-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
Sierra Drifter
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJohnnyC View Post

I drove there in May. No problems, but it was always in the back of my mind, worring about breaking something serious and not being able to drive home. I just can't justify buying a tow rig and trailer.
There are several really good 4x4 shops in Moab. On my last trip one of the guys tore off a control arm bracket and Moab 4x4 fixed it in just a few minutes, and we were just walk-ins without an appointment.

Axle swaps & build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/rebuilding-front-dana-44-a-397243/
Sierra Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #13
XJohnnyC

If you need repairs during the NAXJA event, just take your Jeep to the Slickrock Campground. There is PLENTY of expert knowledge and experienced mechanics, along with tools, parts, and even welders. You wouldn't believe some of the repairs that have gone on there the past few years.

But just get there before everyone starts drinking.
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
JeffW
2007 XK Commander 

This is what I get for moving from Arizona to Virginia. I need to move back ASAP so I can go on the rocks.
Unread 07-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #15
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am going and have a spot at the SlickRock Campground.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.